Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:00:47 AM(UTC)
JerseyAl said:
Adam Czech usually puts together this post on Sunday, but he had other commitments this week, so I'll do my best to pick up the slack. Last Sunday, Adam called into attention the injury woes of the Packers' recent first-round picks. Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod and Nick Perry missed a combined 33 regular-season games last [...]
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:47:57 AM(UTC)
Basically, whomever the Packers draft this year ... we should have a bet ... do they play 8 games ... over/under.
Porforis  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:06:38 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Basically, whomever the Packers draft this year ... we should have a bet ... do they play 8 games ... over/under.

Or we should just trade the pick for a 2nd rounder and anything else we can get for him. Problem solved!
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:18:38 AM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
Or we should just trade the pick for a 2nd rounder and anything else we can get for him. Problem solved!

Definitely, lol. I think the Packers have had good success with 2nd rounders. Nick Collins, Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson are three off the top of my head.
wpr  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:26:12 AM(UTC)
The whole article is sort of like the saying you can make statistics say anything that you want.

Sure all 3 players had season ending injuries last year. (I know Sherrod was the year before.) Sure all 3 of them were 1st round choices. But it is a fluke.
Were the past 3 #1 draft picks in 2010 or 2011 out all year? What about all the non #1 picks that were injured in 2010 and 2012? It is just a coincidence that the players were injured.

News flash- players who are good enough to be on the field have a greater chance of injury than players who fill in part time as role players. First round draft picks tend to be on the field more than 7th round picks therefore have a greater probability of injury.
steveishere  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 10:29:24 AM(UTC)
We are basically adding 4 1st round picks to the team that was in the playoffs last year which is kind of cool. Obviously 1 of those is a rookie and 2 have question marks but that's a pretty big talent influx either way.
wpr  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 12:05:37 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
We are basically adding 4 1st round picks to the team that was in the playoffs last year which is kind of cool. Obviously 1 of those is a rookie and 2 have question marks but that's a pretty big talent influx either way.

I love it when GB is able to land 2 #1 picks. 4 would be awesome. =d>
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yes!!!!!
Porforis (8h) : "I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!" - Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool (11h) : I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!
uffda udfa (11h) : @ProFootballDoc says Rodgers could return Week 14 at earliest, and surgery speeds up return timeline.
Zero2Cool (12h) : McCarthy dropped a "bullshit" on packers.com stream. No delay apparently lol
Zero2Cool (12h) : @AaronNagler One thing is crystal clear: McCarthy is pissed at the way his team played yesterday.
Smokey (13h) : 2017 Packers are done , time to focus on the 2018 NFL Draft .
Zero2Cool (13h) : Mike McCarthy says Aaron Rodgers "suffered a significant injury". Will require surgery. Potentially season could be over.
Zero2Cool (13h) : McCarthy --Rodgers will have surgery. Potentially season is over.
Zero2Cool (13h) : NaVaorro Bowman will get his full-year salary from the 49ers AND get another $3 million from the Raiders.
Smokey (13h) : COOL !
Zero2Cool (13h) : added a links dropdown with some misc web links
Zero2Cool (14h) : Today's Birthdays: Laser Gunns (26)
Zero2Cool (14h) : #Packers have placed CB Quinten Rollins (ankle) on injured reserve to make room for QB Joe Callahan. Rollins was carted off yesterday.
Zero2Cool (16h) : ... no
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : Are you predicting a midseason collapse for the Eagles, Panthers, and Falcons?
Zero2Cool (20h) : Rodgers comes back week 16 to beat Vikings and secure home field advantage. It has been said, it will be done.
Nonstopdrivel (21h) : Romo's back wouldn't hold out two games behind the Green Bay line.
Zero2Cool (22h) : No one wants Tony Romo on Packers. Can we please stop this? It's already old.
uffda udfa (16-Oct) : Tony Romo among those bandied about to replace Rodgers
beast (15-Oct) : Brit Favre is a lawyer now http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2481306-brittany-favre-mallion-daughter-of-a-qb-legend-creates-her-own-greatne
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : dneedles12 I have covered the Packers for 30 years, watched them for almost 50. Never seen a game with this many injuries. #dontblametrainin
Smokey (15-Oct) : Where's Brit Favre , he's still got it .
Nonstopdrivel (15-Oct) : There's some speculation on Twitter that Green Bay might try to re-sign Bart Starr.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Maybe having the starting OL intact wasn't so good.
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : BAKH AND BULAGA!
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Michael Beller ? @MBeller
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jordy Nelson six TDs on 19 catches? That can’t help but slow down.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : OUT: CB Kevin King CB Davon House LB Ahmad Brooks OL Adam Pankey DT Montravious Adams LB Joe Thomas S Morgan Burnett
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : First time this season that Aaron Rodgers will have both starting tackles Bryan Bulaga and David Bakhtiari..
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : GO! PACK! GO!
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : GOOD Mornimg Packer Fans! Gameday!
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : Brown us the new black!
Smokey (15-Oct) : Your just wrong Nerd, and you don't even know it .
nerdmann (15-Oct) : Blue is neutral.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM