Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:05:13 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Hey man, men, fans!

Remember Wayne Simmons? Wolf's greatest mistake was letting him go. We need some fucking nasty on our D.

Fuck yeah! Sign him up! Sign NT Alan Branch away from SEA too. 6-6 325. We need that. Add both of these players and our FA period to me would be a success.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/14/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:14:19 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 118

TT should have just followed my mock draft last year when I picked Harrison Smith. Big Grin
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:28:42 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
TT should have just followed my mock draft last year when I picked Harrison Smith. Big Grin

Holy crap! Woulda been a good pick Thrilla.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:41:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Hey man, men, fans!

Remember Wayne Simmons? Wolf's greatest mistake was letting him go. We need some fucking nasty on our D.

Fuck yeah! Sign him up! Sign NT Alan Branch away from SEA too. 6-6 325. We need that. Add both of these players and our FA period to me would be a success.

Ron Wolf disagrees with ya. When asked his biggest mistake, he said it was letting punter Craig Hentrich leave. :) Wayne Simmons was traded because Seth Joyner came back from injury. I don't think this registers as a big mistake. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:09:44 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If you want a taller S, take a look at Davon House. Dude can play.

Otherwise I still like McMillian. He's raw but he's got the tools. I think Darren Perry can develop him.

I think House would be best at CB.

But I agree with you about McMillian, other than so far he's too raw to stay on the field.
But if he gets up to speed on all the small stuff, he could be very good... only question is he a FS or SS?

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline play2win  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:09:54 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Ron Wolf disagrees with ya. When asked his biggest mistake, he said it was letting punter Craig Hentrich leave. :) Wayne Simmons was traded because Seth Joyner came back from injury. I don't think this registers as a big mistake. :)

Yes, I think Wolf felt it was Hentrich, and he was up there, no doubt.

But this is kind of what I'm talking about:
"At 6-foot-2, 250 pounds, Simmons was far from the biggest player on the team, but he may have been the meanest on the field. He intimidated opponents with his brute strength, inspired teammates with his pointed criticism and comments, and played without fear.

It’s no wonder Simmons got along well with defensive coordinator Fritz Shurmur, who once said, “If you don’t like to fight, you shouldn’t be in this business.”

Simmons liked to fight. “He brought that toughness and nastiness to the Green Bay Packers,” said George Koonce, who started at linebacker next to Simmons in 1996. “Wayne would take a fight in the bar and take it right into the street. He brought that fight to the defense. He was a hell of a player.”

Buoyed by Holmgren’s speech, Simmons made a difference that day in San Francisco. On the 49ers’ first offensive play of the game, Steve Young threw a screen pass to fullback Adam Walker, but Simmons saw it coming.

He drilled Walker with a vicious hit, jarring the ball loose. Packers rookie Craig Newsome picked up the ball and ran untouched 31 yards to the end zone. It was the first blow in what would become a 27-17 victory, a win that took the Packers to the NFC championship game for the first time since 1967.

Simmons certainly followed Holmgren’s admonition to “kick the crap out of them,” making 16 tackles (11 solo), including the forced fumble and a sack of Young.

The next week, the Packers’ Super Bowl hopes once again were ended by the Cowboys in Dallas, but this time it was different: It was for the NFC championship, and they had a shot at winning. They led, 27-24, going into the fourth quarter. The Packers lost, 38-27, but they were one step closer to the Super Bowl, which they finally would reach and win the next season."
http://www.classicwiscon...atures/afterpackers.html
Rss Feed