Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BaconDrivelMint  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:30:58 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,290
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

JSOnline wrote:
Green Bay --- The Packers have a lot on their plate right now. From Steven Jackson to Greg Jennings to Jermichael Finley to A.J. Hawk, general manager Ted Thompson has decisions to make. Through the first 48 hours of free agency, Thompson has sat back and let markets for players naturally take shape.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:04:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,921
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Character guy. Try hard type player. Accepts his role.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:50:39 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,766
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 525
Applause Received: 243

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Character guy. Try hard type player. Accepts his role.


He's the kind of player I want on my team.

Offline shield4life  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,243
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Montreal

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Don't see why we don't bring him back ?!?!?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:54:17 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,604
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250


Crabtree has the least amount of potential among the TEs... but he's the 2nd best because others haven't been stepping up.

Those behind Crabtree ether need to step up or step out... and the Packers know TE Williams, Taylor and Bostick have the talent to step it up... the question is will they and can they?

This draft class has a lot of TEs with potential... and the Packers might need to grab one or two of them.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:19:23 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,921
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Crabtree has the least amount of potential among the TEs... but he's the 2nd best because others haven't been stepping up.

Those behind Crabtree ether need to step up or step out... and the Packers know TE Williams, Taylor and Bostick have the talent to step it up... the question is will they and can they?

This draft class has a lot of TEs with potential... and the Packers might need to grab one or two of them.



Thing about Crabtree is that he's a good blocker. He's at TE/FB. That's why he gets on the field.

With Quarless coming back, he might be expendable.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Rockmolder  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:50:34 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Posts: 6,359
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Thing about Crabtree is that he's a good blocker. He's at TE/FB. That's why he gets on the field.

With Quarless coming back, he might be expendable.


I don't see how your first statement supports your first, but I usually don't with your posts.

Yes, he's our best blocking TE, he's a good STs player and he's a high character guy.

Quarless is a completely different player, though.

I would've cut Finley, put a low tender on Crabtree, see if I could get a dynamic player in the draft (Eifert comes to mind) carried all the other TEs on our roster 'till, at least, training camp, and sort it out from there.

Realistically, though, if other teams are interested, I reckon that he'll be walking.

Our TE group is crowded enough without him, with Finley, Quarless, Taylor and Williams, plus the draft coming up.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:01:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,921
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I don't see how your first statement supports your first, but I usually don't with your posts.

Yes, he's our best blocking TE, he's a good STs player and he's a high character guy.

Quarless is a completely different player, though.

I would've cut Finley, put a low tender on Crabtree, see if I could get a dynamic player in the draft (Eifert comes to mind) carried all the other TEs on our roster 'till, at least, training camp, and sort it out from there.

Realistically, though, if other teams are interested, I reckon that he'll be walking.

Our TE group is crowded enough without him, with Finley, Quarless, Taylor and Williams, plus the draft coming up.


Quarless was a better blocking TE than Crabtree when he went down with his injury.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:10:12 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,259
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Quarless has never been given the credit he deserves for his role in teh 2010 Championship. Keep Finley another year and draft another Finley-like TE to groom for a year. Quarless has his own role on this team.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

13h / Fantasy Sports Talk / pitt yinzer

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.