Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:33:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
WTF? I'm just talking about how Ted Thompson communicates with players contractually on their way out in GB. The players themselves have clearly stated he doesn't communicate with them at all.

In my opinion, I believe that is too rigid, and puts players off.

Finley knows there is a lot of talk publicly that he is overpaid, and clearly doesn't want to take a cut. His agent wanted to discuss the matter with Thompson. Silent treatment. No?

A reach? I'm talking about player relations. Is that not important?

It doesn't put any players off. He is the General Manager, not personal relations guru. (lets be thankful for that, lol). No arguing that he has an off putting personality, but he doesn't need to be charming. If a player is going to get bent over that, seriously, I wouldn't want them on the team, ever. That is so petty to even worry over.

Finley's agent wants to discuss ... wait for it ... EXTENDING his client ... why? because extension = more money for client and agent.

Trying to pin personal relations on the GM ... that is a reach. Yes. No question about it. While he's fielding phone calls to his four dozen or so players, should he also console the other insecure individuals on the payroll too?

Each person has a role. Thompson knows his role. Thompson's role is not to be head of personal relations.

And I couldn't careless if you believe me on Jenkins. Feel free to continuing to let Jenkins slide and put the blame on Thompson. You are entitled to your thoughts.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#27 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:44:40 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
WTF? I'm just talking about how Ted Thompson communicates with players contractually on their way out in GB. The players themselves have clearly stated he doesn't communicate with them at all.

In my opinion, I believe that is too rigid, and puts players off.

Finley knows there is a lot of talk publicly that he is overpaid, and clearly doesn't want to take a cut. His agent wanted to discuss the matter with Thompson. Silent treatment. No?

A reach? I'm talking about player relations. Is that not important?

Coaches communicate; GMs calculate then negotiate - when the time is right. When a deal/offer is influenced so much by market conditions - how much other free agents get and what others may offer our players, the GM should be silent until his own negotiating position is clear. As for the age thing, obviously that varies greatly case by case, and to a great extent it is a matter of luck. I'm not a huge defender of Thompson, but he has guessed right more often than he has guessed wrong, and the result is a consistent winning record.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Rss Feed