Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:08:21 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

JSOnline wrote:
Green Bay --- It's been a quiet two weeks of free agency for the Green Bay Packers. But on Thursday, they ensured the inside linebacker group would remain intact. The team has re-signed free agent Brad Jones, a league source told the Journal Sentinel's Tom Silverstein. Terms of the deal are unknown.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:08:24 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Linebacker Brad Jones took a trip to Tennessee, but he's going to be remaining up north. Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Jones has agreed to terms on a deal that will keep him with the Packers for at least one more year. No terms of the deal have been reported. Jones
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:15:23 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Damn you're fast. LOL

LET IT NEVER BE SAID THAT TED DOES NOT SIGN FREE AGENTS!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:57:56 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

JerseyAl wrote:
It was announced via Tom Silverstein with the Journal/Sentinel that the Packers have re-signed linebacker Brad Jones.  Terms of the deal have not been announced.  With the signing of Jones, the Packers will bring back the majority of their linebacking unit from last season. After stepping in last year for injured inside linebackers Desmond Bishop and DJ [...]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:39:47 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

I was hoping we would keep Brad, cause he played pretty well. I just hope we don't have any token starters going into training and let the battle begin.
UserPostedImage
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:07:03 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

PackersNews wrote:
The Green Bay Packers' most competitive position in training camp probably will be inside linebacker.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:10:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

good.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:10:51 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

good.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline beast  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:16:46 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I was hoping we would keep Brad, cause he played pretty well. I just hope we don't have any token starters going into training and let the battle begin.


Well somebody has to get first reps and someone has to get second reps...

I like to think all positions are an open battle every training camp. And whom ever is the best get to start.

My biggest problem is that every so often a back-up gets hot and looks like he should be starting and then get hurt by playing too many snaps in preseason clean-up duty of preseason STs every so often.

Like CB House got hurt on STs this last season.

In 2006, Ted Thompson signed S Marquand Manuel and he looked horrible, while 2005 4th round draft pick S Marviel Underwood broke out and looked great, and looked like he should clearly be starting.... but then he got hurt in mop up duty trying finish out a perseason game for the team and he was never the same when he came back from the injury and had trouble staying on rosters.

And that was 2005 4th round draft pick, S Marviel Underwood ..... and NOT trouble maker 2009 6th round draft pick, CB/S Brandon Underwood.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:33:52 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Good to have Jones back, hope the other guys can stay healthy this year.

Would be a great rotation available and they might even earn their money this year.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 5:20:54 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

All Ted's sizzle aside, I'm hoping Brad Jones doesn't even make the final 53.

This unit requires upgrades in talent. If Bishop comes back healthy, that would be a huge plus. Perry too. But, we should be adding potential starting talent via the draft that is better talent than Jones, Francouis, Walden (replacement pending?)...

Returning the same group who allowed NFL rushing D futility records and expecting to get better is foolish.

Terrell Manning could make this signing inconsequential. I hope that kid shows well this year. If Brad Jones can make a jump, great. I'm just disappointed in what we ran out there last year.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 8:38:27 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
All Ted's sizzle aside, I'm hoping Brad Jones doesn't even make the final 53.

This unit requires upgrades in talent. If Bishop comes back healthy, that would be a huge plus. Perry too. But, we should be adding potential starting talent via the draft that is better talent than Jones, Francouis, Walden (replacement pending?)...

Returning the same group who allowed NFL rushing D futility records and expecting to get better is foolish.

Terrell Manning could make this signing inconsequential. I hope that kid shows well this year. If Brad Jones can make a jump, great. I'm just disappointed in what we ran out there last year.



Packers | Brad Jones gets new deal
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 07:21:51 -0700

Green Bay Packers LB Brad Jones signed a three-year, $11.75 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus.


Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team...ay-packers#ixzz2OHLKWy37


Brad Jones is here to stay in 2013 anyway, Ted is not going to waste 3mil by letting him go.

Guys stay healthy and the LB'rs are going to be a pretty solid squad.

Last years rushing #'s, leading rusher and ttl rushing yds.
Packers had 4 bad games, wk 1(not real football),13,17, and 19.
We all know that that last week was due to very bad game planning,the others well AD torched almost everyone.
It's never as bad as we remember.

wk01........Frank Gore...16 112...ttl 185
wk02.......Michael Bush..14 54...ttl 94
wk03.Marshawn Lynch..25 98.....ttl 127
wk04.Darren Sproles......5 20.....ttl 45
wk05...Donald Brown....17 84.....ttl 110
wk06.Justin Forsett........7 47.....ttl 90
wk07..Steven Jackson...12 57.....ttl 108
wk08.Rashad Jennings..17 59.....ttl 62
wk09.LaR.Steph.-Howl..17 51......ttl 54
wk10.Mikel Leshoure....19 84......ttl 108
wk12.....Andre Brown...13 64......ttl147
wk13..Adrian Peterson..21 210....ttl240
wk14........Joique Bell...12 49......ttl135
wk15.........Matt Forte..20 69.......ttl 83
wk16.......Jake Locker....4 32.......ttl 79
wk17.Adrian Peterson...34 199.....ttl217
wk18.Adrian Peterson...22 99....ttl167
wk19.Colin Kaepernick..16 181....ttl323

Message modified by user Friday, March 22, 2013 8:56:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 8:49:51 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

PackersNews wrote:
The Green Bay Packers re-signed linebacker Brad Jones to a three-year, $11.75 million contract, according to Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 8:58:24 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Brad Jones making more than A.J. Hawk? If so, could we see a competition between Hawk, Jones and Desmond Bishop for the two ILB positions?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 8:59:27 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel Go to Quoted Post


Oh No. How could Thompson be that stupid? If the deal had been just above the vet. minimum, I wouldn't have been opposed keeping Jones as like a 4th ILB/OLB or whatever, but nearly $4 million per season? That's just ridiculous!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:04:15 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Oh No. How could Thompson be that stupid? If the deal had been just above the vet. minimum, I wouldn't have been opposed keeping Jones as like a 4th ILB/OLB or whatever, but nearly $4 million per season? That's just ridiculous!


agreed. makes no sense.

I know Uncle Teddy loves LBers but really.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Porforis  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:15:07 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Brad probably grabbed the contract off of Ted's desk, signed it, ran out and made copies before Ted could adjust the error. That or he's got dirt on Ted.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:16:01 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Brad Jones making more than A.J. Hawk? If so, could we see a competition between Hawk, Jones and Desmond Bishop for the two ILB positions?


Not quite, Hawk will still make 5.2 mil for 2013, Jones in the 4mil range.


Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Online Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:21:30 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Brad probably grabbed the contract off of Ted's desk, signed it, ran out and made copies before Ted could adjust the error. That or he's got dirt on Ted.


or the Packers realize a Colorado alumni deserves to be starting alongside Desmond Bishop and professionals think Jones and Bishop are the two best ILB on the team. Something we can all agree upon. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:47:24 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Not quite, Hawk will still make 5.2 mil for 2013, Jones in the 4mil range.




Hawk is making 3.6 not 5.2.

We should start Hawk and Jones. AJ is the most solid run defender, and as the backside ILB, we want somebody who is going to be where they are supposed to be, not overpursuing. Jones has be best potential on the frontside. He is bigger and faster than Bishop, his pass rushing experience makes he better at getting off blocks. And it adds some flexibility for Dom. If he wanted to move Matthews and make Perry around, Jones would shift and pass rush.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:55:38 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Hey, I thought Jones' play improved in the middle last season, but it wasn't that great. After the season, I figured we were due for an upgrade there, and didn't want us to count on Bishop returning to full speed. I guess they think Jones is better and will improve. I wasn't seeing it, but I wish him well. Seems like a lot of dough to be throwing at what was your 3rd string MLB, behind Bishop and DJ Smith at the position.

This smacks a bit of keeping your own guy, regardless of the price. And Steven Jackson was too much? Really? I like Ted Thompson just fine, but I don't agree with that.

This seems more frivolous than prudent. How is the team improved? It's not. But, he held to his mantra of signing his own guy.

Message modified by user Friday, March 22, 2013 10:10:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#22 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 10:11:18 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Hawk is making 3.6 not 5.2.

We should start Hawk and Jones. AJ is the most solid run defender, and as the backside ILB, we want somebody who is going to be where they are supposed to be, not overpursuing. Jones has be best potential on the frontside. He is bigger and faster than Bishop, his pass rushing experience makes he better at getting off blocks. And it adds some flexibility for Dom. If he wanted to move Matthews and make Perry around, Jones would shift and pass rush.



There are definitely 2 different reports on Hawks contract, the one I was going off of shows that his base salary was reduced to 3.6 mil, but he is still getting the 1.6 mil guaranteed money from last contract.

IDK, really don't care that much, Hawk and Jones will be the starters going into camp, hopefully the guys coming off of injury will push them, that would only help The Packers D as a whole.

This article shows him receiving 5.2 mil for 2013


http://jerseyal.com/GBP/...-contract-restructuring/
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#23 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 10:16:51 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
There are definitely 2 different reports on Hawks contract, the one I was going off of shows that his base salary was reduced to 3.6 mil, but he is still getting the 1.6 mil guaranteed money from last contract.

IDK, really don't care that much, Hawk and Jones will be the starters going into camp, hopefully the guys coming off of injury will push them, that would only help The Packers D as a whole.


He is making 3.6 (2.1 guaranteed this year). The team still has to account for the 1.6 million prorated from his 8 million SB which makes his cap number 5.2.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 10:30:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Hey, I thought Jones' play improved in the middle last season, but it wasn't that great. After the season, I figured we were due for an upgrade there, and didn't want us to count on Bishop returning to full speed. I guess they think Jones is better and will improve. I wasn't seeing it, but I wish him well. Seems like a lot of dough to be throwing at what was your 3rd string MLB, behind Bishop and DJ Smith at the position.

This smacks a bit of keeping your own guy, regardless of the price. And Steven Jackson was too much? Really? I like Ted Thompson just fine, but I don't agree with that.

This seems more frivolous than prudent. How is the team improved? It's not. But, he held to his mantra of signing his own guy.


It makes perfect sense. Ted Thompson goes along with Ron Wolf in believing you can plug in free agent defensive players far more smoothly than offensive players. A RB wanting $4 million per year that wants to play for the Falcons or retire... what amount of money do you think it'd require to get him to consider the Packers when he admitted he wanted to be a Falcon and considered retiring?

Steven Jackson is NOT worth $4 million per year. Period. Not in this offense. The Packers can accomplish their rushing goals with James Starks and DuJuan Harris plus a RB from the draft. And use that $4 million on areas of need.

I can't say I agree Brad Jones is worth $4 million, but compare it to other LB's and it's not that bad.


Ya gotta get out of this "Madden" mindset ya got, lol. You can't just plug a bunch of pieces into a puzzle and expect it to look Mona Lisa.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Bigbyfan on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#25 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
It makes perfect sense. Ted Thompson goes along with Ron Wolf in believing you can plug in free agent defensive players far more smoothly than offensive players. A RB wanting $4 million per year that wants to play for the Falcons or retire... what amount of money do you think it'd require to get him to consider the Packers when he admitted he wanted to be a Falcon and considered retiring?

Steven Jackson is NOT worth $4 million per year. Period. Not in this offense. The Packers can accomplish their rushing goals with James Starks and DuJuan Harris plus a RB from the draft. And use that $4 million on areas of need.

I can't say I agree Brad Jones is worth $4 million, but compare it to other LB's and it's not that bad.


Ya gotta get out of this "Madden" mindset ya got, lol. You can't just plug a bunch of pieces into a puzzle and expect it to look Mona Lisa.


That's funny. I played Madden only once in my life. I think it was 1998, in Seattle, at a friend's place, and he played it all the time. I had no clue whatsoever what I was doing...

Would that have been Madden II? Laughing
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr