Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:22:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,988
Applause Received: 2,283

Apparently, Chiefs shopping Branden Albert for two picks. Packers already used two firsts on attempts at an LT. What do you know about this Albert?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Packers_Finland  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:25:52 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Good player. Has good grades at PFF if I recall correctly. Was originally gonna be a guard or right tackle but has played really well at LT. I'd trade a 2nd and 3rd for him in a heartbeat.
This is a placeholder
Offline Bigbyfan  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:33:48 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

He's a good player, but the Packers won't have the money necessary to sign him long term.
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:35:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
Good player. Has good grades at PFF if I recall correctly. Was originally gonna be a guard or right tackle but has played really well at LT. I'd trade a 2nd and 3rd for him in a heartbeat.

or maybe give them Packers 1st round, for their 2nd round plus a 3rd next year.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:41:22 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I'd give no more than a 2nd for this guy. Hasn't he been hurt?
Offline DoddPower  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 1:42:55 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,169
Applause Received: 547

He's a decent LT, but not great, and is fairly expensive (and 29). I don't know what kind of long-term deal could be worked out with him, but I don't see this happening at all.
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:39:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,232
Applause Received: 1,554

GB already has too much invested in OT. Without us knowing the health of Sherrod and Bulaga I would hold off.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:55:16 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
GB already has too much invested in OT. Without us knowing the health of Sherrod and Bulaga I would hold off.

All the reason to get a proven LT. Not talking

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 5:02:37 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,232
Applause Received: 1,554

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
All the reason to get a proven LT. Not talking

My point is that the Packers FO may know whether the guys are able to play or not.

Let's say they are able to perform at full capabilities. Then it is a waste of a draft pick.

If they can't play then it does make sense to acquire someone else.

If they have no idea whatsoever then it could go either way. My guess is they would wait and see.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 5:51:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,783
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
My point is that the Packers FO may know whether the guys are able to play or not.

Let's say they are able to perform at full capabilities. Then it is a waste of a draft pick.

If they can't play then it does make sense to acquire someone else.

If they have no idea whatsoever then it could go either way. My guess is they would wait and see.

Exactly. If they make a move on a guy like this, we know what that means as far as Sherrod's progress.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Bigbyfan  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:05:40 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Even if Ted Thompson wanted to make a move, I seriously doubt the Packers would be able to afford. Until the contract situations of Rodgers, Matthews, and Raji get resolved, there won't be any "big name" moves happening. Only way something like this happens is if Finley or Tramon get cut/traded.
blank
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 7:15:23 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 494
Applause Received: 304

I also very much doubt this happens. If he's 29 and has a contract expiring in a year or two, he isn't worth too much. As for affording him, the whole salary cap situation is greatly overrated as a problem. There are a lot of ways of structuring things to get a big contract figure with a not as big cap hit.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:05:01 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'm hoping Ted Thompson doesn't trade because he feels the answers are already on the team. If the opposite is true he definitely needs to address the problem ASAP so Aaron doesn't get killed. I think the real key is how confident they are that Sherrod and Bulaga will come back 100% from their injuries, Datko could be a dark horse, it will be interesting to see if he can get healthy and make a big jump. The possibilities are there, hopefully they make the correct decisions as to the answers being there.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:18:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,783
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
I'm hoping Ted Thompson doesn't trade because he feels the answers are already on the team. If the opposite is true he definitely needs to address the problem ASAP so Aaron doesn't get killed. I think the real key is how confident they are that Sherrod and Bulaga will come back 100% from their injuries, Datko could be a dark horse, it will be interesting to see if he can get healthy and make a big jump. The possibilities are there, hopefully they make the correct decisions as to the answers being there.

If it all works out, we've got serious depth on the line, except at C. Maybe Van Roten can be a player there.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline lolleren  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 5:49:42 AM(UTC)
lolleren

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 9

As the FA prices continues to drop, is it an idea to poke around Andre Smith to see if he will sign a team friend deal perfomance based? He is a risk but if you could get him to bite on a contract that is pay as you go with alot of incentives, it might not be a bad idea?
blank
Rss Feed