You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:09:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Let yourself get manipulated by his blatant lie. I already explained in detail his motivation for saying he would have given the Packers a hometown discount, etc. If you want to believe him, that's your loss and I appreciate your gullibility. (not an insult, it just means you're trusting, which is a good thing). If you followed the whole thing from the start, you'd understand, but you're just reading articles in hindsight. Again, believe as you wish, as that is your right. I'm done trying to help you understand.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:43:08 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Wow. I did follow the whole thing from the start. This has nothing to do with gullibility. You cannot provide anything to support your position, because it didn't happen.

neener neeener...Neener, Neener
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:53:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Ugh ... I have provided it, several times. And clearly, you didn't follow it from the start, and that's okay. You have your opinion and that's awesome you share it with us. I like that.

I believe we landed on the moon, but I can't provide anything to support my position so I guess that probably is false?

I do think free agency has it's place on helping complete a team, just not building a team. I don't know if I worded that intelligently or not. I think you build your core via draft and develop and when you recognize a hole in your team, if you have a drafted player to fill it, great, if not, you find a free agent to do so ... if one can be found. The only player that I can recall me saying "dammit Ted, overpay a little to get him" was Chris Canty when they just switched from 4 - 3 to 3 - 4.

I don't think the Packers are one player away and I haven't seen that player in Free Agency. I do find myself intrigued by Eric Winston, the RT. I guess I am kinda nervous about Derek Sherrod and Bryan Bulaga coming back 100%. I'd rather have the RT solidified with Winston and bank on one of them two holding down LT, with Marshall Newhouse as backup. I would say this line of my thinking is probably a little bit "Madden" ish, lol.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:12:28 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Well I did a search and this was all I could find:

"I think we need to shut the fuck up about replacing Cullen Jenkins already. MOVE ON! He has.

The Packers need to find pass rush threat opposite Clay Matthews III, be it a DE or OLB. That's what the Packers need! " - Z2C

I do agree with your take on FA. Completely. FA does have its place. I just wish Ted would find it again.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:32:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Whew! I thought the search was broken, but you just chose the least relevant comment of mine. Which is difficult, because, trust me, I have a lot of irrelevant comments! haha

Anyhow, this is reminding me of my ex who always had to have the last word, so there you go, you have it. Quit roping me into it, damn you.

I'll try once more to get the discussion back on to free agency ... I think the Packers approach it wisely and I'm glad they have a general manager who doesn't foolishly draft draft picks away and sign free agents to big contracts that strap the Packers hands when their own core players need signed.

UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:53:38 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post

And, this risk is somehow less than a time tested, top performing FA? Is it?

At about 1/3 of the cost... Hell yeah it's less risk.
Offline Porforis  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:48:33 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Anyhow, this is reminding me of my ex who always had to have the last word, so there you go, you have it. Quit roping me into it, damn you.

Did you have a habit of bringing up old arguments a year after the fact? :P
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:00:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Did you have a habit of bringing up old arguments a year after the fact? :P

This doesn't even make sense. I didn't bring it up, play2win did.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:14:15 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
At about 1/3 of the cost... Hell yeah it's less risk.

From a performance standpoint? We're not in this to win the Lowest Dead Money On the Cap Trophy...
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:26:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
From a performance standpoint? We're not in this to win the Lowest Dead Money On the Cap Trophy...

With some of the signings ... I think at times they are. Young and Cheap, just like how I like my... nevermind, different topic.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/10/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:27:48 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Over the course of the years there have been others.. Julius Peppers comes to mind.. has that put a ring on the Bears fingers? Nnamdi Asomugha was supposed to be a game changer.. in less that a couple years he is a budget value player.

The Packers do dip into the Free Agent market.. last season for example they signed Jeff Saturday to fill a hole.. at a market salary. It didn't work out.. they pursued the center from the Texans, were in it till he decided to return there. Cedric Benson was another player.. neither really worked out they way we hoped..

We are only a month into new league year, we have two or three high dollar contracts in play yet, the draft to play out and a free agent market that still have a abundance of talent available.

I get the angst, especially with the track record overall being less than what fans want, but patience. The grocery cart still has a plenty of room to add players.. unfortunately the Packers are still working on the budget left after locking up Matthews and Rodgers.. maybe Raji as well.

Pack I really do respect your opinion but i will say that these two signings were vintage Uncle teddy. Over the hill, injury prone and zero risk players. They were not quality FAs that will a specific hole on the team. Plenty of people inside the football world knew Saturday was done. GB signed him because there were no other options out there. At least no one they wanted to spend money on. They blew it big time on that one. Ceddy on the other hand only played in 16 games once in his career. He played in 15 only 2 other years. He did have over 1000 yards the prior 3 years but those numbers were decreasing. His fumbles were up. There were indicators that he could be an issue.

I am not saying I was totally against either signing as I trusted Ted to do his due diligence and find quality players. He did not. He bargain shopped like he likes to do and as often happens when you rummage through the bargain bin, he and we got bit in the butt.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 4/10/2013(UTC), dfosterf on 4/14/2013(UTC)