You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:46:09 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 332

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Those players are under contract already. The extensions are being worked on by their Agent (I say Agent because I think they are represented by the same one) and Russ Ball, not Ted Thompson. Thompson approves contracts, Ball writes them.

I don't believe the Packers care about excuses as to why they didn't sign a Free Agent and I for one am pleased they don't care to consider the fans opinions/thoughts when leading the professional franchise of the Green Bay Packers.

No elephant, just a bunch of inpatient fans, which I think is great!

I guess I should have added a little sarcasm alert on my last statement, and sorry I don't know the pecking order when it comes to who negotiates contract extensions.

I could care less if The Packers sign any FA's, but the fact remains, this year FA is a little different, there are still quality players available.

Looks like all the big money has been spent, so there very well could be a player available at a decent price that could help The Packers, but until Rodgers and Mathews get their deals done, it makes it difficult to go after anybody.

The ? was should Packers sign RT Eric Winston, different opinions here, I don't have a clue whether he could help, so I say no.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:58:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,740
Applause Received: 1,790

I don't have a clue either ... offensive line would have to be my weakest knowledge point ... and there are several to choose from lol

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:48:00 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 220
Applause Received: 270

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
hmmm. The guy only gave up 3 sacks in 2012, over 1000 snaps. I wonder how many pressures he gave up?

Hmm, given that the Chiefs went 2-14 last year, maybe they didn't have the ball much on offense? I'm thinking back to 2006 when GB went 4-12 and were good statistically against giving up passing yards. Of course, that's because opposing teams were busy milking the clock. d'oh!

I should point out too most of those thinks I posted were from Houston Texan sites or message boards and Winston played there for six years.

All in all, he isn't better than Bulaga, doesn't seem like a huge upgrade over Newhouse and seems like a more expensive, older version of Barclay who already hit his ceiling.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:52:20 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, given that the Chiefs went 2-14 last year, maybe they didn't have the ball much on offense? I'm thinking back to 2006 when GB went 4-12 and were good statistically against giving up passing yards. Of course, that's because opposing teams were busy milking the clock. d'oh!

I should point out too most of those thinks I posted were from Houston Texan sites or message boards and Winston played there for six years.

All in all, he isn't better than Bulaga, doesn't seem like a huge upgrade over Newhouse and seems like a more expensive, older version of Barclay who already hit his ceiling.

Hey muck,

I don't have anything invested in any of this, other than my stock. If Ted thinks it is a good call, fine. Personally, I don't think he is looking this direction, and will be sticking with what he has at LT.