Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shanks2122  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:21:38 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 5
I just read an article on espn and it was all about new and up coming QB's in the league(the top five)

Rodgers name didn't even come up

it was

rothisberger (i can't spell)
cutler
homo
manning
rivers

riddiculaus(i can't spell)
Offline nathaniel  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 1:07:55 AM(UTC)

" said: Go to Quoted Post
I just read an article on espn and it was all about new and up coming QB's in the league(the top five)

it was

rothisberger (i can't spell)
cutler
homo
manning
rivers

riddiculaus(i can't spell)

This sounds like a list that should have come out two years ago. Rothlisberger and Manning already have Super Bowl rings, for crying out loud.
Offline porky88  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 2:36:23 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2016Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 511
I think ESPN is just keeping things real for now. Rodgers has started two games. Those QB's have at least started through one season. Some obviously more.

I would say if Rodgers continues to play like he does, he's right up in the discussion.

Although I will say that scouts inc isn't and never was as high on the Packers as you would think they should be considering the 13-3 record last year and the early start this year.
Offline djcubez  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 3:40:26 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
Yea but with a headline like "up and coming" you'd think it would be about guys that only have 2 starts under their belt that are indeed rising up the ladder. If I were to make a list with that title it would have Trent Edwards and Aaron Rodgers on the top right now...
Offline agopackgo4  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:30:25 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 3
yeah, when i saw the name of the thread "new quarterbacks" I thought we were talking really young guys, or guys just getting their chance.
Offline Greg C.  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:30:23 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48

Yes, it did. They mentioned him early in the article, along with Derek Anderson and Trent Edwards, but they decided to only consider QB's who had a larger body of work. Fair enough. With only two games under his belt, it's hard to make a lot of comparisons between Rodgers and those QB's in the article, although eventually I think he will stack up very well against them.

Here's the link:
http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=3594747
Offline obi1  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:59:28 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
They overlook A-Rod is fine with me. He will measure up. It will be more of a motivating factor in the young man's heart.
Offline dhazer  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 11:45:33 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2016Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 338
I thought A-Rod played for the Yankees? If your talking up and coming qbs the top of the list should be Cutler he's going to be an awesome qb for years to come. I live near Pgh and can't stand Big Ben he's a me player (like someone on the Packers) and his SuperBowl was won because of the defense and running game. Manning isn't nothing special either their defense won them the Super Bowl.

These are of course just my opinions and of course you can't say Rodgers is up their based on playing 2 of the worst pass defenses in the nfl. With that said he should have a big game against Dallas look what Mcnabb did with no WRs
Offline bigfog  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:27:03 PM(UTC)

I think ESPN is just keeping things real for now.

ESPN, keeping things real? Surely, you jest.
Rss Feed