Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:01:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Quote:
ESPN's Ed Werder sat down for an exclusive interview with Brett Favre at the New York Jets' sparkling new headquarters in Florham Park, N.J., for the next edition of the "Sunday Conversation." The Jets will visit the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.

Many of the topics discussed have been covered by the New York media in news conference. But Favre's answers in a one-on-one setting seem to have a little more bite.

Here are a couple of samplings ...

On the Jets' decision last Sunday to run three straight times unsuccessfully on first and goal from the Patriots 3-yard-line and settling for a field goal:
[ul]We should've scored. We had chances. If you go back and break that film down and look at those three plays, it shouldn't have gotten to the third one. It was something that -- I give them credit -- we missed a block here or and angle here.[/ul]

There's no guarantees throwing. As I told Eric [Mangini] and told anyone who would listen: Had we thrown it, we would've scored. That's just the confidence I have.

On the early success of the Green Bay Packers with Aaron Rodgers:
[ul]I've had 16 pretty good years there. Two games or a season is not going to, you know ... When they have 16 good ones, they can call me.[/ul]

I think Brett is getting sick of hearing about Aaron.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:11:12 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

wssp was talking about this today and majority of callers were tired of Brett and his digs to the Packers..

I for one wish he would just tell these guys lets talk about the JETS........ the team I PLAY for
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:18:09 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I for one wish he would just tell these guys lets talk about the JETS........ the team I PLAY for

I have to agree. I am almost feeling sorry for the guy. He's in a no win situation. If asked about the Packers an he declines commenting, he looks bad or will be perceived that way and if he says something positive some will say he's not focusing on his current team.

I think your suggestion is best. Just politely ask "could we field questions about my current team?"
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:23:07 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Finish this

Quote:
I've had 16 pretty good years there. Two games or a season is not going to, you know ...

what did he want to say and sort of stalled?

make them forget about me?? Put them in the SB? Playoffs?
Offline Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 9:19:04 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I think your suggestion is best. Just politely ask "could we field questions about my current team?"

Oh, you mean like how he always answered questions about retirement by saying that he intended to keep playing as long as he was healthy, and could we talk about the team now?

Er, wait a minute. He didn't do that, did he? No, he didn't. For SIX YEARS he entertained the press with every little stray thought that passed through his head about retirement. A lot of people interpreted this as "Just Brett being honest and telling it like it is." But that's not what it was. It was Brett getting unlimited media attention and building his myth.

So now, we get to sit back and watch the show again, except this time it's a little different. The reporters aren't asking him about retirement, they're asking him about the Packers. And Brett is going to entertain them. Let's just be thankful that this show has moved to another city, and let's hope our own players don't respond to any of it. What a jackass this guy has turned out to be.

The irony is that the story this season was supposed to be Aaron Rodgers having to deal with Brett Favre comparisons. Instead, it's Brett Favre having to deal with Aaron Rodgers comparisons. I don't feel sorry for Favre at all. This beast is entirely of his own making. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 9:24:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The irony is that the story this season was supposed to be Aaron Rodgers having to deal with Brett Favre comparisons. Instead, it's Brett Favre having to deal with Aaron Rodgers comparisons. I don't feel sorry for Favre at all. This beast is entirely of his own making. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Very most excellent observation. Who'd a thunk two months ago that this would be the case?

I didn't. I was in Rodgers corner, cuz he's a Packer, but I didn't expect this.
UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:48:29 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

I agree, and every interview I've seen since he's joined the Jets makes me think he ain't a happy camper. He just seems different.
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:53:35 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

I agree, and every interview I've seen since he's joined the Jets makes me think he ain't a happy camper. He just seems different.

i would have to agree..

He is still the same BF making jokes and such, but maybe he really is bitter and it comes out once and a while in interviews?
Offline RaiderPride  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 11:16:30 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 105
Applause Received: 195

The irony is that the story this season was supposed to be Aaron Rodgers having to deal with Brett Favre comparisons. Instead, it's Brett Favre having to deal with Aaron Rodgers comparisons.

Perfect. Just fricken perfect. Brilliant observation, as usual Greg.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:21:24 AM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

I personally think Brett is happy where he is, you can see it on the field.

I also dont mind when Favre talks about anything and everything including Aaron or the Packers.

There is no comparisons between Rodgers and Favre IMO, when Rodgers has played for 16 years and goes out on the field hurt then we will talk. Favre is the toughest and always will be. But to compare him to Rodgers is ridiculous IMO.

Rodgers is having a great year so far I commend him for that, but he has learned from the best to (Favre).

Lets compare after Rodgers has played 17 years for the league. :)
Heathiee
Online dhazer  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:59:55 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

i would have to agree..

He is still the same BF making jokes and such, but maybe he really is bitter and it comes out once and a while in interviews?

OH OH Has hell frozen over but i have to agree with you Long but i can also put myself in his shoes kinda, I still have bitter feelings towards my ex wife which comes out at times. Yes i think the Packers and Brett had a marriage. But Brett does usually speak his mind good or bad and thats why he is loved by so many remember he is just a guy like us.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:09:53 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

i would have to agree..

OH OH Has hell frozen over but i have to agree with you Long but i can also put myself in his shoes kinda, I still have bitter feelings towards my ex wife which comes out at times. Yes i think the Packers and Brett had a marriage. But Brett does usually speak his mind good or bad and thats why he is loved by so many remember he is just a guy like us.

Great post!!
Heathiee
Offline RaiderPride  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:54:23 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 105
Applause Received: 195

Rodgers is having a great year so far I commend him for that, but he has learned from the best to (Favre).

Nothing personal Heather, I am just using "Your Quote."

I keep hearing that from people. Friends of mine, people at the bar when I talk to while waiting for my dinner table, the media, and people on forums. "Ya well he should be doing OK, he learned from GOD."

These people never wanted him to ever get the chance, then when he did they wanted him to fail, then now he is doing well.... All they can say is.. "Ya well he learned from the best"

I say people should give Chico a little credit. He did everything he had to do from a stand point of his learning and digestion of the Packers system. Fact is Brett did not do a great deal to help him after he was drafted. Brett even said "It is not my job to mentor to him."

Brett seemed pissed Mike and Ted took him as the first pick.

Chico was the one that took copious notations, about every thing Brett did well, and poor on the field. Chico was the one attended every one of Mikes Q.B. School off season sessions. Brett did not go. He stayed South of the Mason Dixie line while Chico was in school. (Why do I need to go to a new coaches Q.B. School?)

INFACT: Chico was teaching Brett the terminology of Mike's version of the offense when Brett finally did show up to camp after leaving the team wondering and hanging every year about if he would retire.

Look... Heather, I know you love the guy. I loved what Brett was, not what he became.

All I am saying to the people who are now saying: "Chico is what he is because of Brett." Should give Chico a little credit for taking ownership of the situation he was drafted in.

I think he learned more because of his burning desire to learn, adapt, overcome and achieve, than he did from any effort Brett made to help and educate him.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline dingus  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:42:42 AM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

Absolutely RP, The "It's not my job to coach him" comment really bothered me at the time and it's been all downhill from there.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:02:32 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I personally think Brett is happy where he is, you can see it on the field.

I also dont mind when Favre talks about anything and everything including Aaron or the Packers.

There is no comparisons between Rodgers and Favre IMO, when Rodgers has played for 16 years and goes out on the field hurt then we will talk. Favre is the toughest and always will be. But to compare him to Rodgers is ridiculous IMO.

Lets compare after Rodgers has played 17 years for the league. :)

Coming from someone who has analyzed his every press conference and every quote and watched his every action. There's a huge difference between him playing now and last season with the Packers. You can see it in his eyes and hear it in voice.

It's there, trust me. I'm almost to the point of thinking that he is upset that he's a Jet while he feels he should be the QB for the Packers.

The Jets fans will NEVER adore him like we do. Never. If anything thinks that Brett doesn't miss that, they are (in my opinion) sadly mistaken.

That's my thoughts :)
UserPostedImage