Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:08:51 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,727
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,015

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Most of them probably were not even born when Barry ran over, through and defenses.
.


Mostly around the defenses and defenders... might have been faster with a backwards hop than a step forward. There is no doubt he was a treat to watch.

AP vs BS are completely different animals.. AP is physical beast.. BS was as elusive as we may have every seen or will see.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/19/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:30:16 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,317
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,725
Applause Received: 1,310

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Mostly around the defenses and defenders... might have been faster with a backwards hop than a step forward. There is no doubt he was a treat to watch.

AP vs BS are completely different animals.. AP is physical beast.. BS was as elusive as we may have every seen or will see.


Tis true. I was patronizing St. Zero.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:44:53 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,238
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
Shouldn't we be voting for Peterson because of the Madden curse? If Peterson goes down the Vikes' season is done.


AP had a shredded knee and a fucking hernia and still ran for 2000 yards

there is no curse that can take down that man
call me Dan
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/19/2013(UTC), Formo on 4/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 11:02:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,605
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,831
Applause Received: 1,977

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Mostly around the defenses and defenders... might have been faster with a backwards hop than a step forward. There is no doubt he was a treat to watch.

AP vs BS are completely different animals.. AP is physical beast.. BS was as elusive as we may have every seen or will see.


Physical punishing runners are a dime a dozen compared to magically elusive runners like Barry Sanders.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Offline macbob  
#20 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 12:26:12 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Posts: 1,699
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 257
Applause Received: 226

Sorry, Kevin, I'm voting AP. He handled reconstructive knee surgery, lets see how he handles the Madden jinx... Tongue
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 12:37:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,605
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,831
Applause Received: 1,977

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, Kevin, I'm voting AP. He handled reconstructive knee surgery, lets see how he handles the Madden jinx... Tongue


So you're going to discredit Barry Sanders because he wasn't fragile? You are scum!!!


:) (hope ya know its humor)

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:02:29 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,727
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,015

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
So you're going to discredit Barry Sanders because he wasn't fragile? You are scum!!!


:) (hope ya know its humor)


Well... Sanders did lose his ball sack and walk away from the game early. Just think of how far out of the stratosphere he could have put the rushing record. Flapper
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#23 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:15:51 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,753
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 518
Applause Received: 242

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Well... Sanders did lose his ball sack and walk away from the game early. Just think of how far out of the stratosphere he could have put the rushing record. Flapper


If he had not been playing for the Detroit (perennial losers) Lions I doubt he would have walked away when he did.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:26:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,605
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,831
Applause Received: 1,977

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Well... Sanders did lose his ball sack and walk away from the game early. Just think of how far out of the stratosphere he could have put the rushing record. Flapper


Alright hoppy, you wanna go there???

Barry Sanders LEFT the game because the LOVE of the game LEFT him! He didn't stick around for records, which is something Emmitt Smith can't say. Then again, perhaps he had a love of the game for records. Barry wanted to play in a Super Bowl and realized it wouldn't happen with the Lions. SO rather than be a STAT WHORE (nerdmann, looking at you), he walked away from the game while he was still considered one of the best in the business.

You rather a guy stick around one, two, or even three more years when they no longer have the passion to play the game? When their love of the game has dissolved? He did the right thing, but in my opinion, did it wrong. I also fully appreciate how he didn't want the attention, the questions and everything else that comes with being the greatest runner of all time calling it quits just a mere 1,5xx yards from the coveted all time rushing record.

If the NFL had more players like Barry Sanders, it would be a better NFL. Wanna Box?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:51:50 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,727
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,015

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
If he had not been playing for the Detroit (perennial losers) Lions I doubt he would have walked away when he did.



Walter Payton could have done the same.. yet he stuck it out and guess what.. was rewarded for his loyalty with a SB ring. Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:52:48 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,727
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,015

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Alright hoppy, you wanna go there???

Barry Sanders LEFT the game because the LOVE of the game LEFT him! He didn't stick around for records, which is something Emmitt Smith can't say. Then again, perhaps he had a love of the game for records. Barry wanted to play in a Super Bowl and realized it wouldn't happen with the Lions. SO rather than be a STAT WHORE (nerdmann, looking at you), he walked away from the game while he was still considered one of the best in the business.

You rather a guy stick around one, two, or even three more years when they no longer have the passion to play the game? When their love of the game has dissolved? He did the right thing, but in my opinion, did it wrong. I also fully appreciate how he didn't want the attention, the questions and everything else that comes with being the greatest runner of all time calling it quits just a mere 1,5xx yards from the coveted all time rushing record.

If the NFL had more players like Barry Sanders, it would be a better NFL. Wanna Box?


Hoppy... lol.

And yes.. I have this big s*&t eating grin on reading your response.. mission accomplished. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
BarrySanders  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 2:54:18 PM(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Posts: 4
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)

Applause Received: 1

Vote for me. Thank you.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 9/24/2013(UTC)
Offline rabidgopher04  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 955
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 109
Applause Received: 126

Originally Posted by: BarrySanders Go to Quoted Post
Vote for me. Thank you.


Zero, the spammers are at it again. Whistle
Do you like bacon?
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/19/2013(UTC), wpr on 4/19/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:01:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,605
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,831
Applause Received: 1,977

lmao

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:10:28 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 510
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 109

Originally Posted by: BarrySanders Go to Quoted Post
Vote for me. Thank you.


WTF???????? Registration is closed. This spammer is good.Razz

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

32m / Random Babble / DakotaT

53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Random Babble / dhazer

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

17h / Around The NFL / musccy

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21-Jul / Random Babble / wpr

20-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Jul / Random Babble / dhazer


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.