You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:36:27 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
i like Bostic. That would be a great addition IMO.

As for Safety, here is a refresher on our own 6-2 216 23 year old Sean Richardson:

Signed by Green Bay as a non-drafted free agent on May 8, 2012…A four-year letterman for the Commodores who started 31 consecutive games and finished his career with 256 tackles, including 18 tackles for loss, three sacks, an INT and 10 passes defensed…Started all 13 games as a senior and finished second on the team with 63 total tackles…Posted his first career interception in a win vs. Ole Miss (Sept. 17)…Contributed six tackles and a sack vs. Georgia (Oct. 15)…Tied his career high with 10 stops and added a sack at Florida (Nov. 5)…Set career highs in tackles (98) and tackles for loss (seven) as a junior in 2010…Ranked fourth in the SEC in solo tackles (5.2 per game)…Recorded four or more tackles in every game…Posted double-digit tackles in three consecutive games vs. LSU (Sept. 11), at Ole Miss (Sept. 18) and at Connecticut (Oct. 2)…Contributed three passes defensed at Arkansas (Oct. 30)…Named team’s Defensive Player of the Week after a nine-tackle performance vs. Tennessee (Nov. 20)…Started 10 games in 2009 and earned the team’s Hustle Award…Finished second on the team with 43 solo tackles and registered 84 stops overall…Posted 10 tackles and forced a fumble vs. Mississippi State (Sept. 19)…Named the team’s Defensive Player of the Week after making 11 stops vs. Kentucky (Nov. 14)…One of just three true freshmen to play for the Commodores in 2008, appearing in 12 games…Named team’s top special teams player for the game vs. Florida (Nov. 8) and win at Kentucky (Nov. 15)…Recovered a muffed punt for a touchdown in a win over Boston College in the Gaylord Music City Bowl (Dec. 31)…Majored in human organization development...College teammate of Packers CB Casey Hayward...Starred at QB, RB, WR, S and CB for Linden (Ala.) High…Lettered four years in football and basketball and also participated in track for one year…Posted 101 tackles and three interceptions as a senior…Led the basketball team in rebounding…Earned school’s leadership award…First person from Linden High to receive a Division I scholarship…Heavily involved in the community, working at a nursing home in high school and the Murtha O’Bryan Center in Nashville, mentoring youths and volunteering to help at homeless shelters during the holidays…Mother, Sandra, served in the Army and has been a nurse for more than 18 years…Brother, Darnell Jr., plays football at Alabama State…Enjoys playing basketball, spending time with his family and friends, hunting, fishing and riding four-wheelers…Lists his favorite athlete as Kobe Bryant, favorite TV show as Meet the Browns, favorite movie as Life and favorite musical artist as Lil Wayne...Family friends with retired NBA center Theo Ratliff…Single, lives in Linden, Ala. …Given name Seandre Antonio Richardson; born at Fort Campbell in Clarksville, Tenn.

We already have him locked in. I'm guessing the staff feels he may be as good or better than any Safeties in this draft. I can easily see them not taking one this year, even though it is a need position of some sort. To me, that priority is down quite a bit compared to DE, NT, LB, RB, LT and C.

I thought Richardson was shorter. Maybe I'm thinking of Jeremy Ross.

What's Richardson's 40 time?

I think if a S falls to us, Ted will take him, but I wouldn't be sweating it if we stood pat. We got guys to develop and the staff to do so.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline porky88  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:17:07 PM(UTC)
porky88

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 284

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
I like Margus Hunt. However, his height and weight scare me. He definitely is a good player and big guy but I wonder how he would play in the 3-4. I think he would be a phenomenal 4-3 defensive end, but would he be able to play against the run as a 3-4 end? Jenkins is a guy that would fit well on the 3-4...thats a big ole boy.

I actually had Stepfan Taylor in place of Montee Ball. I switched it due to Ball's great pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield. I wasn't too sure if Taylor brought that same thing to the table.

I never thought of Brian Schwenke...good choice there!

I love Hunt's height and weight. He can bulk up to 300 pounds. That guy is still growing into his body. He reminds me of a poor man's Richard Seymour. Of the defensive lineman, he and Jesse Williams are my favorites. Both would be great choice at No. 26, though Williams has medical concerns. You might be able to get him tomorrow night.

I think Sly Williams is just another body. He may not follow the path of Justin Harrell, but I find him underwhelming.

I don't know how to use Datone Jones. I think he's a bit of a Mike Neal clone, if we're comparing him to current Packers. People like his ability to get bigger, but he relies too much on his quickness. Would that affect his play?

I can’t recall a draft where so many options were on the table. I’m guessing the team prefers to trade down. However, if they can't find the right deal, then I think safety is likely to be the BPA at No. 26.
Online steveishere  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:26:03 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 599

Sylvester Williams is the guy I'm hoping for. I'm not sure he will make it that far though.
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:42:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,193

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Sylvester Williams is the guy I'm hoping for. I'm not sure he will make it that far though.

I read somewhere that he is considered to be a 4-3 lineman. I don't remember where and the so called experts aren't always right. Obviously Ted and his gang will know if he fits or not.

just a fyi if he is there and they don't take him that could be why.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:45:17 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

I forgot the password to the blog I created the other day, so I created a new one with my draft board:

Quote:
Our biggest are of need is defensive line. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the position Ted’s gonna draft. He has a strict Best Player Available policy. However, if a few players are similar, Ted will weight the decision in favor of the position of need. Here are the players I like for the first three rounds, weighed loosely in order of positions of need.

DEFENSE

NT: Star Lotulelei, Jonathan Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins

DT: Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Kawann Short, Bennie Logan, Brandon Williams,

OLB: Dion Jordan, Arthur Brown, Khaseem Greene, Jamie Collins, Sean Porter,
Jamie Collins, Sio Moore,

S: Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien, D.J. Swearinger, Earl Wolff,

OFFENSE

TE: Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed, Vance McDonald,
Nick Kasa, Ryan Otten

RB: Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin, Knile Davis, Stepfan Taylor, Mike Gillislee, Le’Veon Bell. I like Jonathan Franklin the best. (Eddie Lacy will be long gone.)

C: Travis Frederick, David Quessenberry, Barrett Jones,
Brian Schwenke

T: D.J. Fluker,

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Markus Wheaton, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, Ted is great at finding WRs in rounds 2-3. We just lost Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, so look for him to nab somebody, even though it’s still not a position of need per se. Especially if a guy with return ability falls to us.

QB: Geno Smith, If Geno Smith falls, take him! Ted could also trade back for more picks, if a team wants to trade back into the first round for him. Otherwise they might grab a developmental project in a late round. They like to have dudes in the pipeline.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”