Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
play2win  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:41:09 AM(UTC)
What do you think about us taking one of the top QBs at 26 for the sole purpose of trading him?

Maybe a move like this could help us get a high R2 plus an additional high pick next year, maybe an additional R1.

Big talk of teams waiting for a QB. Why not make them pay? What do you think?
TheKanataThrilla  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:45:38 AM(UTC)
I can see us trading out of the 26th spot for somebody to draft a QB. With a weak crop of QBs this season I do think that there is a risk of drafting and trading.

I've seen two mocks with Nassib going to the Bills with the 8th pick. That makes no sense. I can see a trade with the Bills for their 2nd and 3rd for our 1st if they want Nassib that bad. I can also see if Geno Smith drops a team again wanting to trading partner which we can be of assistance if the goal is to gather picks. Jacksonville makes sense in that regard.
yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:55:36 AM(UTC)
Although Ted is very unpredictable I think it is a safe bet he wouldn't take that kind of risk.
I think it's a better bet that he trades out of the 1st round.
wpr  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:57:57 AM(UTC)
Thrilla is right. GB won't draft to trade a QB. Trade the slot is a possibility.
yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:03:22 AM(UTC)
If Ted trades out of the 1st round, it's going to be like waking up on Christmas morning and finding no presents under the tree.
wpr  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:12:20 AM(UTC)
yooperfan said: Go to Quoted Post
If Ted trades out of the 1st round, it's going to be like waking up on Christmas morning and finding no presents under the tree.

That is what makes Thur so bad with only 1 round. You have to wait a whole nuther day.

PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:14:06 AM(UTC)
We would lose our asses. If a team wants a player, we have bargaining chips holding the pick they want. Pick and trade the other teams would have the power because they know, we are not planning on playing the guy so our choices are, trade or eat a first round salary on somebody who will never see the field.
play2win  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:41:59 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla said: Go to Quoted Post
I can see us trading out of the 26th spot for somebody to draft a QB. With a weak crop of QBs this season I do think that there is a risk of drafting and trading.

I've seen two mocks with Nassib going to the Bills with the 8th pick. That makes no sense. I can see a trade with the Bills for their 2nd and 3rd for our 1st if they want Nassib that bad. I can also see if Geno Smith drops a team again wanting to trading partner which we can be of assistance if the goal is to gather picks. Jacksonville makes sense in that regard.

I think this is more in line with what would work best. I can see the Bills, Jets, Eagles, and Jaguars all desperately wanting back in at the bottom of the first round. Ted could clean up in this scenario, should they pass on the QBs early. As a matter of fact, if they do pass, look for it to happen. Ted's a dealer.
warhawk  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:07:20 AM(UTC)
Ted will try to trade out if all possible and get early 2nd and 3rd round picks in addition to #55 and #88.
It will be worth the wait too. He will mop up if he can pull it off.
I could see him also doing this and then trading back up.
With the depth of this draft if he ended up with two picks in the top 40 it will be like picking up two first rounders.
flep  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:15:22 AM(UTC)
If we trade out of the 1st round I hope with our first 2nd rounder we get the same quality of player like we did last time we did this. A certain Jordy Nelson!!!

Though to be honest I will be a bit pissed off as I'm staying up to watch the draft live on TV in the UK and it's starts at 1AM UK time so by the time it gets to our pick at 26 it will be gone 4AM. If we trade down to the 2nd round I will be a tad annoyed!!!!
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:31:38 AM(UTC)
Geno Smith baby!

Pull the trigger, Ted!
TheKanataThrilla  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:36:59 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Geno Smith baby!

Pull the trigger, Ted!

It would test the BPA theory as I am assuming that Geno has higher grade than the 26th person on the Packers Big Board.

The forum would go ballistic. The only possibility that it would be looked as a positive is if Rodgers got injured and Geno proved to be an adequate replacement thus driving up his trade value.
PackerTraxx  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:55:00 AM(UTC)
I would sort of like to see Ted Thompson be able to trade out of the first rd. If we can to that and then trade back up and have three number 2s or get an upper third #2 and their #1 next year, in either case it should get us an extra quality player in the long run.
nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:16:02 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla said: Go to Quoted Post
It would test the BPA theory as I am assuming that Geno has higher grade than the 26th person on the Packers Big Board.

The forum would go ballistic. The only possibility that it would be looked as a positive is if Rodgers got injured and Geno proved to be an adequate replacement thus driving up his trade value.

If Geno Smith is there, do you take him or trade back?
dhazer  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:23:34 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx said: Go to Quoted Post
I would sort of like to see Ted Thompson be able to trade out of the first rd. If we can to that and then trade back up and have three number 2s or get an upper third #2 and their #1 next year, in either case it should get us an extra quality player in the long run.

Ted Thompson never can pull off the trades where he gets future picks, it used to piss me off how billacheat used to always find a way to end up with 2 1st rounders every year. Ted Thompson seems to not like waiting on the future picks. I mean a team like the jags off next years #1 and a 2nd I would jump all over that, because you know most likely it would be a top 10 pick.

Sorry I started dreaming again lol.

The guy I want the Packers to pick this year is Marcus Lattimore . I will start to get pissed now lol Lets Box!

play2win  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:39:42 PM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
TT never can pull off the trades where he gets future picks, it used to piss me off how billacheat used to always find a way to end up with 2 1st rounders every year. Ted Thompson seems to not like waiting on the future picks. I mean a team like the jags off next years #1 and a 2nd I would jump all over that, because you know most likely it would be a top 10 pick.

Sorry I started dreaming again lol.

The guy I want the Packers to pick this year is Marcus Lattimore . I will start to get pissed now lol Lets Box!

Lattimore is interesting, and so is Tank. But, I heard the team is dead set against adding anyone with a recent injury. Barrett Jones? We need a Center, but do you draft him coming off a lis franc? I wouldn't.
Rss Feed