Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:14:34 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 110

Just heard on NFL network that the Packers are looking to trade Desmond Bishop today.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:19:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,092

No way! It doesn't make any sense to trade your best Inside Linebacker.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 3m
News out of Green Bay, where the Packers are actively shopping LB Desmond Bishop, per @MoveTheSticks

Source wrote:
According to Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network, the Green Bay Packers are actively shopping inside linebacker Desmond Bishop around the league.

This is really surprising given that the Packers could actually use some at the position and Bishop has been their best inside linebacker in the past few years.

He did suffer a bad hamstring injury during the preseason last year, so there could be some concerns relating his recovery.

Bishop, 28, signed a four-year deal worth $19.05 million back in 2011 and is under contract for a very reasonable $3.464 million this season.

We’ll have to see if anything comes of this.

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:30:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Online DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:20:16 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 347

Availability guys...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Online Dulak  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:25:17 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 100

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Just heard on NFL network that the Packers are looking to trade Desmond Bishop today.

rewind a couple months and trade brad jones ... bleh not bishop ... ok he's not tested after his injury but I just cant stand brad jones ... he's not a bruiser and he let kapernick get away with that monster run.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 5/20/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:28:26 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

While I don't think Desmond is going to be our starter this year. He doesn't have the speed or size I think the team wants. I don't really see this.

How about all our remaining tradeable picks, and Desmond for Joe Thomas.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:49:58 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 90

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Could more changes be coming to the Packers' linebacking corps? According to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network and NFL.com (via his colleague, Ian Rapoport), the Packers are willing to trade inside linebacker Desmond Bishop. The 28-year-old Bishop notched a career-best 115 tackles and five sacks in 13 games in 2011, but he missed the 2012 campaign
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:01:42 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,900
Applause Received: 1,408

hey! maybe they can get 3 more 7th round picks for him. one a year for 3 straight years.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 9:56:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,092

No real surprise here that the trade "talk" has motivated Desmond Bishop.

PFT: Bishop says that trade talk motivates him.

Desmond Bishop wrote:
Oh yeah, definitely. I get so much motivation from so much different stuff. I’m ready to go.

I kinda thought the whole Bishop and James Starks trade talk was nothing more than an attempt to kick both in the rear and if someone came knocking with a good deal ... let it happen. Basically, it's a win-win for the Packers. A, motivate your players and if they lack motivation, they are not worth their roster spot, B, get value for players who are coming off an injury.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 3:55:42 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 288

They have a good bit of money locked up with the ILB position. I'm not surprised they're trying to reduce it some. Though I don't like the idea of getting rid of one of them but I can understand why.

I heard a rumor that Manning looked surprisingly good for a rookie last year and MIGHT be able to step up if needed to start, and the Packers do believe in their young guys.

I also think Capers changed up the defense a bit (like Mike McCarthy said they were), seem like the DL was asked to protect the LBers more which freed up the ILBers to go to action more using their speed and quickness which helped Hawk and Jones. Bishop doesn't have a lot of speed so I wonder if they feel he might be better suited for the older defense.

Ether way he's coming off an injury, and they're paying 3 guys starter money with only 2 starter spots, it wouldn't be surprising. Though it will be interesting to see if they wait until the pads come on, where Bishop should look better in than just shorts.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 7:52:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,496
Applause Received: 624

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
They have a good bit of money locked up with the ILB position. I'm not surprised they're trying to reduce it some. Though I don't like the idea of getting rid of one of them but I can understand why.

I heard a rumor that Manning looked surprisingly good for a rookie last year and MIGHT be able to step up if needed to start, and the Packers do believe in their young guys.

I also think Capers changed up the defense a bit (like Mike McCarthy said they were), seem like the DL was asked to protect the LBers more which freed up the ILBers to go to action more using their speed and quickness which helped Hawk and Jones. Bishop doesn't have a lot of speed so I wonder if they feel he might be better suited for the older defense.

Ether way he's coming off an injury, and they're paying 3 guys starter money with only 2 starter spots, it wouldn't be surprising. Though it will be interesting to see if they wait until the pads come on, where Bishop should look better in than just shorts.

I still don't know why they've never given Bishop a shot outside. His lack of coverage skills maybe.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:19:30 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 288

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I still don't know why they've never given Bishop a shot outside. His lack of coverage skills maybe.

In the 4-3 it would be because of his lack of speed. In the 3-4, my first answer would be lack of pass rush (which is my standard answer for not trying a 3-4 ILB at 4-3 OLB... but Bishop is surprisingly good at shedding OL and he's physical with some good coaching up that might be interesting to see if he could beat OTs off the edge or not. I wouldn't be against trying it in practice and seeing how he does.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~