Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:14:51 PM(UTC)
By now, with UDFAs, we have just about every thing, but I see it as significant that certain positions that some in the media and even some fans expected to be taken early were ignored or not covered until late.

Center: I'm glad we did not use a high pick on Barrett Jones or somebody else early. Apparently there is a good degree of confidence in EDS. Tretter might be a potential backup and/or Lewis from A & M.

Safety: Here too, I'm glad we did not waste a high pick on Elam or Cyprien or whoever. I wonder if they are looking at converting Hyde to Safety.

Tight End: I'm glad those rumors turned out to be false also - Eifert or some other high pick at TE. A late round pick wouldn't have been bad, but maybe Stoneburner will be just as good.I still don't think D,J. Williams or Taylor are completely safe to make the team. This may, however, mean they are confident Quarles is recovering OK.

Quarterback: None taken/None expected

Inside Linebacker: Especially after cutting Smith and this damn rumor about shopping Bishop, I'm surprised there was no ILB taken or even signed UDFA so far. Barrington is the closest to it. I HOPE this is not an indication of confidence in Brad Jones and Hawk.

Kicker: I don't know if I was hoping, but I was thinking they would bring in somebody with a decent shot at unseating Crosby.

Offensive Tackle: We did, of course draft Bakhtiar and Tretter, but I think it is significant that we didn't go after somebody earlier. This to me says that Thompson/McCarthy have at least some confidence in Sherrod coming back healthy.

Fullback: Does this mean Kuhn stays? I'd like to see him replaced from within; The question is who. Neither Green nor Starks seems suited. Taylor maybe?
Yerko  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 10:56:01 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
Inside Linebacker: Especially after cutting Smith and this damn rumor about shopping Bishop, I'm surprised there was no ILB taken or even signed UDFA so far. Barrington is the closest to it. I HOPE this is not an indication of confidence in Brad Jones and Hawk.

As far as I know, Kevin Reddick is still available which seems a bit ridiculous as he was a projected 3rd round player. He has potential starter talent and is suited for the 3-4.

buckeyepackfan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:35:04 PM(UTC)
Brad Jones...welcome to the club.

nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:57:37 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
By now, with UDFAs, we have just about every thing, but I see it as significant that certain positions that some in the media and even some fans expected to be taken early were ignored or not covered until late.

Center: I'm glad we did not use a high pick on Barrett Jones or somebody else early. Apparently there is a good degree of confidence in EDS. Tretter might be a potential backup and/or Lewis from A & M.

Safety: Here too, I'm glad we did not waste a high pick on Elam or Cyprien or whoever. I wonder if they are looking at converting Hyde to Safety.

Tight End: I'm glad those rumors turned out to be false also - Eifert or some other high pick at TE. A late round pick wouldn't have been bad, but maybe Stoneburner will be just as good.I still don't think D,J. Williams or Taylor are completely safe to make the team. This may, however, mean they are confident Quarles is recovering OK.

Quarterback: None taken/None expected

Kicker: I don't know if I was hoping, but I was thinking they would bring in somebody with a decent shot at unseating Crosby.

Offensive Tackle: We did, of course draft Bakhtiar and Tretter, but I think it is significant that we didn't go after somebody earlier. This to me says that Thompson/McCarthy have at least some confidence in Sherrod coming back healthy.

Fullback: Does this mean Kuhn stays? I'd like to see him replaced from within; The question is who. Neither Green nor Starks seems suited. Taylor maybe?

Time for DJ Williams and Ryan Taylor to either step up or hit the road.

As for Kuhn, I think he could be expendable. His position is near obsolete, and Lacy is a bigger guy who could fulfill those duties. Quarless too, if he comes back from the knee.
Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:06:42 AM(UTC)
I give this draft a B-

I'm really disappointed we didn't pick up a Saftey. Even though the we nabbed a DB in Hyde he's still not a true S. But hey you never know.. Either the Packers are looking to acquire one in a Trade/Free agency, or they're content in keeping what they have. If they are doing that.. It's gonna be a long season in the back end of the secondary.

But other than that this draft is solid. 2 plug and play starters in Datone Jones and Eddy Lacy and 2 great backups in Johnathan Franklin and David Bakhtiari. The rest could be booms or bust.
Laser Gunns  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:07:13 AM(UTC)
im just glad we finally spent some high picks on positions we have been missing for years.

RB and DE have had stop-gap players at best for too long.
Rss Feed