Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:39:12 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 140
Applause Received: 113

I have two concerns about Lacy. #1 is injury history. The boys are bigger and stronger in the NFL. #2 is he ran through massive holes created by one of (if not the) best O-lines in college football. Production may not translate.

That said him and Franklin are a huge upgrade to our current RB options. The fact both are great pass protectors makes their value even larger.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
porky88 on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:43:03 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
I have two concerns about Lacy. #1 is injury history. The boys are bigger and stronger in the NFL. #2 is he ran through massive holes created by one of (if not the) best O-lines in college football. Production may not translate.

That said him and Franklin are a huge upgrade to our current RB options. The fact both are great pass protectors makes their value even larger.

That, and he couldn't even go through his own Personal Pro Day workout without taking a break. How can you be that out of shape for your own PERSONAL PRO DAY? That'd be like ... no, I won't go there. It's bogus is what it is.

I hope to wrong. I just feel Johnathan Franklin will be the better running back. Franklin did more with less, and the Packers OL is that less.

UserPostedImage
macbob on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:53:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,049
Applause Received: 1,481

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Keeping Eddie LACY for 10 years would be worse than keeping Justin Harrell for the years he was kept. Hopefully the Packers don't cling to a poor pick for a decade. That'd be awful.

I was thinking of you when I gave him a year year run in GB. Weeeee!!
UserPostedImage

Will you follow me, one last time?
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 8:13:21 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 458
Applause Received: 278

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking of you when I gave him a year year run in GB. Weeeee!!

hahahahaha "year year" there you go again!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Quid2Facis  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:10:45 PM(UTC)
Quid2Facis

United States

Applause Received: 3

All I think is that Lacy has had injury problems throughout most of his college career, which has always gotten a lot of attention because Alabama relied heavily upon him after Ingram and then Richardson left. When Lacy was the #2 RB after Richardson he still ran for some 600+ yards.

When he was the #1 RB he more than doubled that and that was after the initial instance of the toe injury. The guy gets injured but keeps playing, there have been a lot of great NFL players that had that same demeanor.

As far as the Alabama Offensive line, analysts were not convinced of their invincibility at the beginning of the 2011 or 2012 seasons. It's a combination of both the line and the RBs that make Alabama what it is.

Lacy will play, and put the work in to succeed. He's already shown that otherwise he would have missed far more games in his college career than he actually did from all those "injuries".
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 4/30/2013(UTC), Yerko on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline macbob  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:35:14 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 249

Unfortunately, I agree with Z2C on Lacy. I hope I'm wrong, but I've got a bad feeling about that pick for the reasons already articulated (injury prone, question on whether his running success was due to his own ability or his OL, his apparently lack-luster preparation for his own personal pro day). Hope Lacy takes offense at Florio's 'potential bust' comment...

http://profootballtalk.n...eview-green-bay-packers/

Florio for PFT wrote:
Where they hit: Franklin fits perfectly with the West Coast offense, and he could become a star in that system...

Where they missed: There’s a reason Lacy was available late in round two. From chronic injury problems to a concern that he lacks true passion for football, Lacy has potential bust written all over him. While they needed running backs, Franklin fits. Lacy may not.
UserPostedImage
Offline warhawk  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:38:46 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 222

Let me try and warm some of you up to Lacy and I will admit I needed to come around on the pick but only a little.

In the four biggest games the Tide played last year which was LSU #5, Texas A&M in the only loss, Georgia in the SEC title game, and Notre Dame in the National Championship:

Lacy ran for 490+ yards with his lowest average per attempt at 5.9 yards against A&M.

He scored at least one TD in each of these games and was the SEC Championship Game MVP with 180 yards.

That was against Georgia who had umpteen defensive guys drafted. The Tide almost lost that game. Lacy pulled their fat out of the fryer. They don't win that game they don't play ND for the National Championship.

Not many guys even get to play in games like this let alone show up essentially every time and play that well. So yeah, I've kind of warmed up to the kid.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 4 applause.
play2win on 4/29/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 4/29/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 4/29/2013(UTC), Yerko on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:50:56 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,077

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Let me try and warm some of you up to Lacy and I will admit I needed to come around on the pick but only a little.

In the four biggest games the Tide played last year which was LSU #5, Texas A&M in the only loss, Georgia in the SEC title game, and Notre Dame in the National Championship:

Lacy ran for 490+ yards with his lowest average per attempt at 5.9 yards against A&M.

He scored at least one TD in each of these games and was the SEC Championship Game MVP with 180 yards.

That was against Georgia who had umpteen defensive guys drafted. The Tide almost lost that game. Lacy pulled their fat out of the fryer. They don't win that game they don't play ND for the National Championship.

Not many guys even get to play in games like this let alone show up essentially every time and play that well. So yeah, I've kind of warmed up to the kid.

And here is the counter... Yeldon in those 4 games ran 67 times for 366 yards for a 5.5 yards per carry. So is it the backs or a dominate offensive line.. I can say because I watched both.. my opinion the line dominated against Georgia after wearing them down and crushed ND.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#24 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:30:15 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post

Huge injury history. Missed 1 game in 2 years.

So, its OK to roast Lacy for going soft in his Pro Day even though he was nursing a hammy? The same injury that Clay Matthews has fought through? He's a RB! His game is as much about speed as Matthews.

To me, Eddie Lacy was just being responsible. Smart.

"Strained hamstrings are unable to do their job as effectively, usually manifested as the need for a shorter stride length on the injured side. They are also prone to further, more serious injury. As a result, Lacy running on an injured hamstring would not only likely produce a slower 40 time, it could also do more damage to the muscle." http://m.bleacherreport....-lacys-injured-hamstring

Dude suffered ONE injury at Alabama, a foot injury in 2011 after rushing for 61 yds and a TD against Arkansas, sitting out the next game.

Played every game in 2012.

Huge injury history.
nerdmann on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:35:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

I wanted to see how the other Alabama running backs did...thought I'd share the graphic for you all as well.
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
Alabama2013.jpg (75kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#26 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:52:59 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I wanted to see how the other Alabama running backs did...thought I'd share the graphic for you all as well.

When did Eddie Lacy piss in your Cornflakes?

Jesus Christ!

And... Johnathan Franklin had 282 ATT 1734 YDS and 13 TDs

Lacy had 4 more TDs, a better average per carry in 80 fewer ATT. So Bama ran a lot. They were good at it. Who cares?

Seems like a lot of nit picking to me.
Offline Pack93z  
#27 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 7:28:38 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,077

And that is what I mean but not being the bell cow in the other thread.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 7:36:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,640
Applause Received: 656

Richardson has done pretty well in the pro game so far.

There are scouts who think Lacy is better than Richardson. We shall see.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#29 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 7:41:40 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,051
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
And that is what I mean but not being the bell cow in the other thread.

Eh, Lacy may bust or he may not. I dont think he will. He is undoubtedly a talented player. At the position he was drafted he is well worth the risk, imo. No doubt about it. He's going to bring some toughness to the Packers running game and will be able to split the pressure with J. Franklin. Boom or bust, maybe, but im glad Ted Thompson took the risk at the position Lacy was drafted.
Offline wpr  
#30 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 8:24:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,049
Applause Received: 1,481

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
hahahahaha "year year" there you go again!

keep me straight.
UserPostedImage

Will you follow me, one last time?
Rss Feed