Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:17:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Great. Thanks for that.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:30:34 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Look.. I want him to be successful.. but if I don't like the pick, I have every right to state I don't like the pick. I love the running game.. look at my posts over the history of time here and everywhere. Not hard google Pack93z.

I don't see what everyone else sees in the guy, just like I didn't see what everyone else years ago seen in Ron Dayne. Between an offensive line that had two guys in the top what 15 drafted just this year, his list of aliments to the lower half of his body over the course of his college career (big man and a running back with leg issues is not a great combo) and what many describe as a questionable commitment to the game. The last one being of the least of my concerns as it can be subjective to the author with the leg issues being chief.

What has been on the biggest problems for the Packers the last 5 years? It isn't talent.. it is keeping guys available and on the field. Lacy stayed on the field in college, but if he was getting nicked up in that level, what do you think his chances of getting banged up with guys that are faster and larger?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.. it very well might be a duck.

Is it the worst pick in the world or even this draft, nope. But at a time where we need to reload a bit on the roster and for the most part stay healthy, I just don't favor the pick. And I state it.. that is not slamming that is offering an opinion.

I want him to change that personal opinion I hold.. absolutely, but you jumping up and down in a rant because I am not in love with the pick.. that ain't doing shit. lol.


I Agree with the injure problems the Packers had. I also think the Packers shove in Young players too fast which isn't a bad thing per say, but it's not always the best. I think Lacy will be successful only if he shares carries. Mike McCarthy can't spam him carries or else there will be possible injure problems. I think he can push for the starting job with Franklin/Harris. And even if he doesn't start right away he can sure punch that sucker in the endzone for us. Which is what I most admired about this guy, and we've haven't had a RB do that for us in quite a while. Micheal turner is what I hope this guy can translate to. He can be our 3rd down back. And with Franklin sharing the load there's endless possibilitys for this offense.
Offline steveishere  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:39:28 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,011

Just saying "well he had a great line" means nothing. Did he have a good line? Yes. Was he constantly running though wide open holes every game? No.
Offline play2win  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:40:03 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Look.. I want him to be successful.. but if I don't like the pick, I have every right to state I don't like the pick. I love the running game.. look at my posts over the history of time here and everywhere. Not hard google Pack93z.

I don't see what everyone else sees in the guy, just like I didn't see what everyone else years ago seen in Ron Dayne. Between an offensive line that had two guys in the top what 15 drafted just this year, his list of aliments to the lower half of his body over the course of his college career (big man and a running back with leg issues is not a great combo) and what many describe as a questionable commitment to the game. The last one being of the least of my concerns as it can be subjective to the author with the leg issues being chief.

What has been on the biggest problems for the Packers the last 5 years? It isn't talent.. it is keeping guys available and on the field. Lacy stayed on the field in college, but if he was getting nicked up in that level, what do you think his chances of getting banged up with guys that are faster and larger?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.. it very well might be a duck.

Is it the worst pick in the world or even this draft, nope. But at a time where we need to reload a bit on the roster and for the most part stay healthy, I just don't favor the pick. And I state it.. that is not slamming that is offering an opinion.

I want him to change that personal opinion I hold.. absolutely, but you jumping up and down in a rant because I am not in love with the pick.. that ain't doing shit. lol.


Ha ha...

“Too often we only identify the crucial points in our lives in retrospect. At the time we are too absorbed in the fetid detail of the moment to spot where it is leading us. But not this time. I was experiencing one of my dad’s deafening moments. If my life could be understood as a meal of many courses (and let’s be honest, much of it actually was), then I had finished the starters and I was limbering up for the main event. So far, of course, I had made a stinking mess of it. I had spilled the wine. I had dropped my cutlery on the floor and sprayed the fine white linen with sauce. I had even spat out some of my food because I didn’t like the taste of it.

“But it doesn’t matter because, look, here come the waiters. They are scraping away the debris with their little horn and steel blades, pulled with studied grace from the hidden pockets of their white aprons. They are laying new tablecloths, arranging new cutlery, placing before me great domed wine glasses, newly polished to a sparkle. There are more dishes to come, more flavors to try, and this time I will not spill or spit or drop or splash. I will not push the plate away from me, the food only half eaten. I am ready for everything they are preparing to serve me. Be in no doubt; it will all be fine.” (pp.115-6)”
― Jay Rayner, Eating Crow: A Novel of Apology
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:01:22 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: Pro Bowl

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

I agree, Lacy should and will share carries in Green Bay, and of course, regardless how good he is, it is a pass first team. I also agree, the line thing doesn't mean much. In Green Bay, he will have a lot more element of surprise on the run as well as fewer guys on D in the box. That more than makes up for the great 'Bama line. What will separate Lacy, I hope, from Dayne and other not so great runners is the ability to cut at least a little bit. Power alone isn't enough in the NFL; Same for speed. We know he can break tackles, but he will need to avoid some also to be great. And he damn well better be able to pass block.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:05:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Just saying "well he had a great line" means nothing. Did he have a good line? Yes. Was he constantly running though wide open holes every game? No.


Alabama had another RB with over 1,000 yards and over 6 yards per carry and double digit touchdowns too. So, saying Alabama had a good or great line does mean something, because it is true as indicated by the two RB over 1,000, etc... and I think they had two or three of their OL drafted first round. I don't know if all five starters were eligible. Wait, center Barrett Jones was the third, he was a 4th or 5th rounder or something.

The clips I've seen of him, those were some pretty wide lanes far more often than not, hence my opinion was formed as it is. I didn't imagine those lanes lol.

The endurance thing ... yeah that concerns me, but heck, who really thinks he'll get over worked in the Packers offense? haha

I look forward to seeing training camp and pre-season to get a more informed opinion.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:18:22 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,172
Applause Received: 548

I imagine worst case scenario Lacy could end up having chronic toe problems like Ahmad Bradshaw. Even with all of Bradshaw's injuries, he has still been relatively available and played well at times. Lacy is also more talented than Bradshaw, as well, imo.

As others have mentioned, Lacy, Franklin, and others can split the rushing load which should help them all. There's risk to the pick, but sometimes these boom or bust picks can redefine a team, if only for a few seasons. I never believed for one second that Ted Thompson would draft a RB in the first round of this draft, but at pick 61 or whatever, I absolutely understand why he made the pick and I hope it pays off. Many say the Franklin pick was insurance for Lacy. While I agree that it is, I don't think that's specifically why he was drafted. It was just great value that could no longer be passed up. The two talented backs providing "insurance" for each other is just an added benefit of effective manipulation of the draft.

The one player I was somewhat disappointed that the Packers didn't take was DT Jesse Williams. I thought he could have been great value for this team in the 4th or 5th round.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:19:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Just the vaguest hint of a real running game will change the whole complexion of the Packers offense and give Aaron Rodgers a real chance to pad his stats.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Pack93z on 4/30/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Online Yerko  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:21:38 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

I get nervous to even think what would have happened to this board if Eddie Lacy was drafted at #26 where a lot of people had him. Scares me to even think of the conversations we'd be having today.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:22:41 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

My lack of fondness for Lacy was formed well before the draft, look for Porky's thread on the RB preview. So it is not just because we picked him.. I would have picked Franklin before Lacy, just how I see it.

Instead of continuing to argue why I don't like him, because the feels wrong overall, I will point out guys I would have picked over him that went within the next round.

* Larry Warford, OG - big nasty ugly ass kicker inside.. shuffle him or Lang to C and let him get after it. We will see him twice a year against the Lions.

* Terron Armstead OT or Dallas Thomas OT - both would have offered more depth at the edge.. tackles that project as you know tackles. Probably not "Packer" lineman because they are more suiting outside than inside, some think Thomas could move inside.. I don't see that as I think he plays too high.. ala Colledge for a guard.

* Marcus Wheaton - WR - I personally think this might be the best route runner in the draft, might be a bit short but think a Greg Jennings clone.

* John Jenkins - DT - 6'4" 346 pound mammoth inside.. in the SEC championship game, about the only guy inside the was pushing back on that wall.. rotational player that would have been able to squat down in the middle and clog it up. Didn't offer much in the pass rush department though.. but fit the bill of becoming more physical at the point of attack. A freaking load.

Like I stated above.. I would have taken Franklin ahead of Lacy in the second.. I am thrilled to pieces that we got him that late. To me.. that was grand theft.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:38:25 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Ha ha...

“Too often we only identify the crucial points in our lives in retrospect. At the time we are too absorbed in the fetid detail of the moment to spot where it is leading us. But not this time. I was experiencing one of my dad’s deafening moments. If my life could be understood as a meal of many courses (and let’s be honest, much of it actually was), then I had finished the starters and I was limbering up for the main event. So far, of course, I had made a stinking mess of it. I had spilled the wine. I had dropped my cutlery on the floor and sprayed the fine white linen with sauce. I had even spat out some of my food because I didn’t like the taste of it.

“But it doesn’t matter because, look, here come the waiters. They are scraping away the debris with their little horn and steel blades, pulled with studied grace from the hidden pockets of their white aprons. They are laying new tablecloths, arranging new cutlery, placing before me great domed wine glasses, newly polished to a sparkle. There are more dishes to come, more flavors to try, and this time I will not spill or spit or drop or splash. I will not push the plate away from me, the food only half eaten. I am ready for everything they are preparing to serve me. Be in no doubt; it will all be fine.” (pp.115-6)”
― Jay Rayner, Eating Crow: A Novel of Apology


I might have been a bit too animated.. I just really didn't like the pick and think he was overvalued by the draftniks like Kiper and such.

Sorry for the rant.. just reallllllllly didn't like the pick at that point. I feel dirty though.. kind of like Hazer's blind hate because we didn't draft Crabtree. lol.

If the guy produces.. I will gladly hang a signature with my overwhelming devotion to Lacy... sort of like the Tebow "love". lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:48:51 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

You know what we need now? A PackersHome.com RB pool.

man to man.

Lacy vs Franklin.

Who will get the most carries?
Who will get the most yards?
Who will get the most receptions?
Who will get the most TD's?

We can simply select the player we think will have the most or put an actual number down.

Of course gambling is not allowed but we have the NCAA Pick em champion. The NFL pick em champion. And the Fantasy League champ. Why not add one more pool to the mix? (Kevin willing and able to do it of course.)
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:50:30 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
You know what we need now? A PackersHome.com RB pool.

man to man.

Lacy vs Franklin.

Who will get the most carries?
Who will get the most yards?
Who will get the most receptions?
Who will get the most TD's?

We can simply select the player we think will have the most or put an actual number down.

Of course gambling is not allowed but we have the NCAA Pick em champion. The NFL pick em champion. And the Fantasy League champ. Why not add one more pool to the mix? (Kevin willing and able to do it of course.)


Add Harris and or Green to the group as well.. personally, I am excited to see how Harris responds year 2, A full year in the system and with added competition.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:53:23 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Add Harris and or Green to the group as well.. personally, I am excited to see how Harris responds year 2, A full year in the system and with added competition.


Yeah I was thinking of that when I started but it sort of slipped done to the one on one contest and I didn't mean it to be that way. If nothing else it could be "everyone else" vs the two rookies.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:12:07 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
You know what we need now? A PackersHome.com RB pool.

man to man.

Lacy vs Franklin.

Who will get the most carries?
Who will get the most yards?
Who will get the most receptions?
Who will get the most TD's?

We can simply select the player we think will have the most or put an actual number down.

Of course gambling is not allowed but we have the NCAA Pick em champion. The NFL pick em champion. And the Fantasy League champ. Why not add one more pool to the mix? (Kevin willing and able to do it of course.)


Just for the fun of it Think

Who will get the most carries? Lacy
Who will get the most yards? Franklin
Who will get the most receptions? Franklin
Who will get the most TD's? Lacy
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wideside

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

19-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wizard3461

19-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak


Tweeter