You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:10:17 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
I'd be ok with it for a few reasons:

1. Grahm Harrell is bad

2. Tebow can (if he is willing) be taught play TE or FB, and if Tebow is anything, he IS good with the football in his hands.

3. NOBODY would argue that Tebow should start. Even the Tebow faithful must know the Rodgers is one of (if not, the) best QBs in the game.



If he's gonna play TE/FB don't even sign him. He'd probably be worse, no he will be worse at playing a skill position rather than QB.

I'll say this. The Packers give him the best chance to succeed out of any other team. Because he will run the West Coast System and not play that read option mumble jumbo. He will learn to be a "real QB" under Mike McCarthy and company.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:18:58 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
No, simply for the distraction. Nothing much against him as a player or person, I just don't think it'd be good for the team.


I disagree. He'd be good for the team rather than on the Jets. Why?

1. The Packers love high character players. He doesn't complain, keeps his mouth shut, and works hard

2. He's no story anymore if he comes to Green Bay. The only question from the media will be: How do feel about learning/playing under Aaron Rodgers? and he'll say it's EXCITING! And the Media will give up. He's not trying to compete for a job when we have the best QB in the league.

3. This isn't New York! This is Green Bay. The smallest city out of any other NFL team. The Jets are going in the dumps lately as a organization. The Packers on the other hand are one of the Legendary Organizations going in the right direction.

Offline coltonja  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 1:47:28 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 476
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 29

A lot of great points brought up in this thread. It would be nice to have a gamer as a backup who wins games even though he doesn't possess the top notch skill seen in the NFL. However, I would also question the system that we run and Tebow's terrible fit (as a QB), but I think that is extremely obvious to everyone.

The real deal breaker in my mind isn't if the Packers want Tebow, but would Tebow ever want to be a Packer? For some reason, I still believe that Tim truly believes he can thrive at the QB position and is dying for another opportunity. Due to that, I don't think he would ever be up for becoming a Packer.

That being said, Tebow is just the kind of guy McCarthy would love to develop (too bad it's a couple years late). I could still see him drooling over that prospect as much as his Philly cheese steak.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:09:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

Originally Posted by: coltonja Go to Quoted Post

The real deal breaker in my mind isn't if the Packers want Tebow, but would Tebow ever want to be a Packer? For some reason, I still believe that Tim truly believes he can thrive at the QB position and is dying for another opportunity. Due to that, I don't think he would ever be up for becoming a Packer.
.


If the Packers offered an option on the roster as a QB.. I think he might not find many other teams that would take on that project as a QB. That well is drying up quickly... if anything I think the circus the follows him (not all his doing either) is the biggest challenge for him to find a new team.. besides that he needs development as a throwing QB.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:09:26 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,244
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

Maybe as a replacement for Kuhn. He doesn't fit as a QB at all. Our offense is all about reading the defense and distributing the ball to the open guy. Flynn had success here because he's good at reading and figuring out the defense. Tebow always looks like he had no idea where he wanted the ball to go when he takes the snap. I would rather Coleman be the back up QB than Tebow. The thing about the QBs that had a stretch where they "just won games" and were otherwise unimpressive is that doesn't last and they eventually have to rely on their skills. The Jets paid Sanchez a new contract because he was a "winner" in the playoffs.

Edit: I also have no interest in taking on a massive "QB only" fanbase. I was glad when the "Favre only" fans took a hike and would not look forward to what an army of Tebowites would bring.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:34:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,535
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Maybe as a replacement for Kuhn. He doesn't fit as a QB at all. Our offense is all about reading the defense and distributing the ball to the open guy. Flynn had success here because he's good at reading and figuring out the defense. Tebow always looks like he had no idea where he wanted the ball to go when he takes the snap. I would rather Coleman be the back up QB than Tebow. The thing about the QBs that had a stretch where they "just won games" and were otherwise unimpressive is that doesn't last and they eventually have to rely on their skills. The Jets paid Sanchez a new contract because he was a "winner" in the playoffs.

Edit: I also have no interest in taking on a massive "QB only" fanbase. I was glad when the "Favre only" fans took a hike and would not look forward to what an army of Tebowites would bring.


We already have a replacement for Kuhn. Eddie Lacy. Possibly Quarless too.

I'd take Graham Harrell's grandma over Tim Tebow.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Yerko  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:47:52 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,850
Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 197

When he was a FA before going to the Jets, I was all for signing him to the Packers. While he has a circus, I think aside from the Brett Favre fiasco, the carnival tends to stay away from Green Bay. He'would have been coming to a team where he was a known 2nd string quarterback behind Rodgers and that's that. Go through 1 or 2 seasons behind Rodgers and in McCarthy's QB camp and you have yourself a potential 3rd round pick.

Anyways...that view has changed.

Tim Tebow should have thought about converting to tight end long ago. I honestly wish he had as I think he would have had a lot more success at that position. Part of me thinks he still can do it now and salvage his NFL career.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:14:51 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,196
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 214
Applause Received: 332

Reports say Tebow lost 15 lbs over the offseason because he wants to play QB, not TE or FB.

I remember a slight murmur that Mike thought it would be interesting to bring him to Green Bay before he went to to The Jets.

IMHO, Green Bay would be his best option if he really wants to be a starting qb in the NFL.

He would never start in Green Bay, but who better to teach him the position then the coaches?

Saying that, the way Ted and Mike covet their draft picks and FA signings, unless something catastrophic happens, Timmy will never be asked to come play for The Packers.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline loosenut  
#24 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:38:46 PM(UTC)
loosenut

Rank: Practice Squad

Australia
Posts: 116
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1

Love this question!
I wouldn't mind it, I think GB would be the best place for him to avoid the circus and learn the position through their quarterback school. I don't like the idea of taking Rodgers off the field to put Tebow in for packages, so it would purely be as a backup for me. This would probably mean they cut either Harrell or Coleman and they may even have to carry three QBs on their active roster? Not sure how I feel about that...
Offline macbob  
#25 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:20:25 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,696
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 226

NO!

You'd have to cut somebody else to keep Tebow. I can't see ever being in the position where I would want to do that.

What a disaster it would be. It's hard enough playing football without having to deal with all of the distractions associated with that circus that surrounds Tebow.

NO NO NO NO NO!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 8:12:24 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

No, there's too many drunk people in Green Bay. His kind of "goodness" would never go over with the homefolk. I've partied in Green Bay, it was a good time. I go to church once in a while, not such a good time. Therefore no thanks on Tebow. Besides, the guy licks ass and should have never been drafted in the first place.



UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:34:35 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No, there's too many drunk people in Green Bay. His kind of "goodness" would never go over with the homefolk. I've partied in Green Bay, it was a good time. I go to church once in a while, not such a good time. Therefore no thanks on Tebow. Besides, the guy licks ass and should have never been drafted in the first place.





Rolling On The Floor Laughing
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:22:38 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

LOL.. I just heard the the Lingerie football league offered Tebow a position as their QB coach nationally.. are they trying to say he throws like a girl? {Not that there is anything wrong with that}

Sorry for the break in the thread..
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:28:01 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

Another offer has rolled in.. even with a punch line from their QB.

Quote:
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it — and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract. Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. McNear said, "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:36:32 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,549
Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

No way should we get tim teebow ...
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.622 seconds.