Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 4:57:06 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

ProFootballTalk wrote:
The Packers have been stuck in a rut of division-round losses for the past two years. 

Where they hit: Franklin fits perfectly with the West Coast offense, and he could become a star in that system. Jones, who’ll man one of the three spots on the defensive line, lays the foundation for a future without Ryan Pickett and/or B.J. Raji. Bakhtiari is the latest college left tackle whom the Packers will move elsewhere on the line, possibly to guard.

Where they missed: There’s a reason Lacy was available late in round two. From chronic injury problems to a concern that he lacks true passion for football, Lacy has potential bust written all over him. While they needed running backs, Franklin fits. Lacy may not. They also failed to build depth at tight end and to give quarterback Aaron Rodgers a better understudy than Graham Harrell.

Message modified by moderator Monday, April 29, 2013 6:22:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:12:55 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel Go to Quoted Post

Mike Florio is a tool.

He couldn't even list all of the players we drafted. Josh Boyd?

Dipshit.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 4/29/2013(UTC), beast on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:22:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Pretty much nailed it on Eddie Lacy.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline mi_keys  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 7:28:42 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 237
Applause Received: 370

Yes, we really fucked up not getting a second quarterback when most teams don't even have 1.

The injury stuff... the toe fusion didn't seem to hold him back too much last year.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline DarkaneRules  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:38:20 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 361

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Pretty much nailed it on Eddie Lacy.

Well damn, if our worst miss is moving back for the best rated RB in the draft, then I see that as a good thing. Dancing
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/30/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline macbob  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:12:09 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 319
Applause Received: 265

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel Go to Quoted Post

MintBaconDrivel should check the forums before posting. Whistle This news was already posted in another thread:

http://packershome.com/f...lers-away-from-Lacy.aspx

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:36:05 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

one word for the PFT article: BULLSHIT (thanks for posting it anyway - it's good to hear all sides.)

I see Lacy as destined for stardom, and no way we should have drafted a QB We have a traffic jam there already. Harrell and/or Coleman can both carry clipboards just fine.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:17:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
MintBaconDrivel should check the forums before posting. Whistle This news was already posted in another thread:

http://packershome.com/f...lers-away-from-Lacy.aspx

Nah, this is an overall grade of the Packers draft. The other thread is about Eddie "Bust" Lacy.

Laughing
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:43:14 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 437

That's it.
After careful consideration of the analysis by certain fellow posters, coupled with the information derived from many of the sources available, I declare Lacy as MY MAN for the 2013 season, much like I absolutely embraced JAMES JONES! when so many whiny assholes in here were calling for his head, or possibly akin to when I said Sam Shields would be a Packer two days after we got him (approx.- perhaps sooner)

LACY LACY LACY ... bitches!

Razz

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:47:02 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
That's it.
After careful consideration of the analysis by certain fellow posters, coupled with the information derived from many of the sources available, I declare Lacy as MY MAN for the 2013 season, much like I absolutely embraced JAMES JONES! when so many whiny assholes in here were calling for his head, or possibly akin to when I said Sam Shields would be a Packer two days after we got him (approx.- perhaps sooner)

Razz

I was on Jones well prior to you.. this shit is above your pay grade. Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:54:23 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I was on Jones well prior to you.. this shit is above your pay grade. Big Grin

That is:

a BULLSHIT (well, possibly Blushing I don't remember that part, lol)

b NOT RELEVANT

b mod- Above my pay grade... chile, p u l e e z e ... I was bringing real expertise about this game in layman's terms that even you and yours could understand when your mom was replacing the skivvies you just shit in, Flapper You should stick to your sucky-assed linebackers that we have drafted 20 million of to get to one good one. Big Grin

I S T U C K with Jones when the whiners whined. I told them he would be great when everyone said he couldn't catch the fucking football. I EXPLAINED why he dropped some critical pass in some game- all they saw was the drop.

I reminded everyone that would listen how big and fast he is, compared to the rest of the corps. (No one would listen, so that's "C")

Speak to the hand Shame on you Not talking Laughing

On a serious note-

Case of beer on Lacy. I say boon, you say bust. We discuss at end of season to determine winner. Reasonable beer, not some shit from the Amazon or whatever based on price. Mine will be Franziskaner, for example. I'll take the exact same bet with your tekkie sidekick. Honor system in the Seinfeld sense.

Hello? Heloooo!!!??? Is this damn thing working?? Laughing

Message modified by user Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:55:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:23:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I have to edit this to get tekkie boy and linebacker man to respond.. if they have the stones, that is...

Shame on you Laughing

I can't wait for next year when they tell me they were "out-front" in support of Lacy...
UserPostedImage

DoddPower on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:40:31 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
That's it.

Razz

You followed ME with supporting James Jones after I pointed out reasons to support him. You're getting senile young sir! You think you're a genius for saying a player would be a Packer days after he signed? BRILLIANT! :)

I am hoping Eddie Lacy tops 1,200 yards and brings home double digit touchdowns. I just don't see it happening.

UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:15:29 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 322

It find it interesting (and strange) they hate the first RB the Packers took and love the second one... ether way they're competing and the best one should be on the field so as long as their is a great RB from them I don't think it's really a bad thing... of course two good players is better than one good player and a bad one but still...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:15:47 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

My goals for Lacy is 850 yards rushing, 300 yards Receiving and 8 total TDs.

For Franklin I'm thinking if he splits carries with Lacy, his goals for me is, 700 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving, and 6 total TDs.

So both combine 1550 Rushing Yards, 800 Receiving Yards, and 14 Total TDs. If they pass that barrier and stay healthy I will be very happy with that. If they go up and beyond that, watch out for that pair.. I didn't even include Dajuan Harris yet! It Wasn't Me
Rss Feed