Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:46:53 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

JSOnline wrote:
If the Packers had stuck with the 55th pick in the second round, would they have selected running back Montee Ball instead of Eddie Lacy?Kevin Seifert proposes the question at ESPN. During the draft last Friday, the Packers traded their 55th pick to the 49ers and moved down to No. 61 and then took Lacy (Green Bay also received a sixth-round pick). The Broncos scooped up Ball three picks earlier at No. 58.An interesting part of Seifert's story is Denver's decision to take Ball over Lacy. The Broncos say it came down to Lacy's injury history. It was also reported that the Steelers passed on Lacy because of toe fusion.We know that the Packers appeared comfortable taking a running back in the second round - at least with the 61st pick. Had the Packers not traded with the 49ers, however, it would have been interesting to see if the 55th pick could have been Lacy, Ball, or someone else.Read Seifert's story here.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:01:41 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

If I had caught Demi Moore before her first audition outside the studios, I'd have had a real shot at tagging her in her prime.

If these lottery tickets I have in my wallet hit, I might get a crack at an around the globe tour.

If I knew those woods were going to take my golf ball today, I'd have aimed more left.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Yerko on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Online texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:02:08 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

I would think maybe they were OK with either and figured one or the other would be there at 61. Before the draft, I wanted Montee Ball - maybe a little bit of homerism, but I expect him to have an excellent career too. I am now totally psyched up for Eddie Lacy, though. If part of his greatness was running behind the 'Bama O Line, and the Packers O Line is relatively worse - in a NFL sense anyway, there is something that will MORE than make up for that: I refer to the element to surprise running for a strongly pass-first team - as well as having fewer defenders in the box when he runs for the Packers.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:04:14 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
If I had caught Demi Moore before her first audition outside the studios, I'd have had a real shot at tagging her in her prime.

If these lottery tickets I have in my wallet hit, I might get a crack at an around the globe tour.

If I knew those woods were going to take my golf ball today, I'd have aimed more left.

NEVER aim left ........ oooh sorry, I forgot I wasn't in the Back Alley.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:05:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

I would rather Eddie Lacy over Montee Ball.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 5/1/2013(UTC), play2win on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:18:14 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

We obviously had Lacy over Ball on our draft board. I mean either would be great players for us, but I don't see why everyone wanted Ball so much over Lacy from what I've been hearing.
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:40:38 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post

If you weren't so lame you could come up with better metaphors such as - if I didn't have such a nice ass, Mrs. Dakota wouldn't have grabbed it and I wouldn't have three beautiful daughters. Neener, Neener
UserPostedImage
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:58:20 PM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

ARE YOU KIDDING EVEN?!

Either of them are better, at least in prospective theory, than any backs we've had in forever. For years now our running game has amounted to nothing more than a few brilliant flashes in an otherwise transparent attempt at hammering square pegs into round holes. Getting an "iffy" dude on the level of Lacey at this point (Gee, who's our QB again?) is like some sort of ridiculous thought which almost makes me feel guilty when thinking about how potent it could make our offense.
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

play2win on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:19:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,299
Applause Received: 574

Seifert's a Queens loving little bitch. Fuck him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:05:55 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

I suspect the thought with the trade down was that one of the two might be there. Not sure what Ted thought of Montee Ball though. I'm glad we added both Lacy and Franklin, and I see an entirely new day on offense for Green Bay as a result.

Cannot wait to see Lacy as Spin Bot! Cannot wait to see Franklin knifing through opposing secondaries. Not sure what to say about Ball. Tough runner, a little upright, not much break away speed. Lotta miles on that odometer. I like who we got, very much so.

This will help extend drives, control games, save Rodgers from all out pass rushes, make our passing game -better-!, and keep our D off the field.
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:47:30 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

For me.. watching every Badger game each season vs a collection of 5 games of Bama this year, I think Ball has the better overall career in the pros.

Now would Ball fit in with the Packers or Lacy with the Broncos better than where they landed, we shall never know. But based on the talents they bring to the field, I would put Ball ahead of Lacy.

And that is not homerism.. I haven't like many Badger backs as pros.. Dayne included. Just think Balls talents will be more productive at this level and for a longer duration.

I like my crow served cold... thank you very much. That is if Lacy can serve it.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
play2win on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:22:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
For me.. watching every Badger game each season vs a collection of 5 games of Bama this year, I think Ball has the better overall career in the pros.

Now would Ball fit in with the Packers or Lacy with the Broncos better than where they landed, we shall never know. But based on the talents they bring to the field, I would put Ball ahead of Lacy.

And that is not homerism.. I haven't like many Badger backs as pros.. Dayne included. Just think Balls talents will be more productive at this level and for a longer duration.

I like my crow served cold... thank you very much. That is if Lacy can serve it.

I think Eddie Lacy (why do people only use last names?) will be better for the Packers than Montee Ball would have been. I think Ball needs a wider hole than Lacy. I also feel that Lacy is more of a punishing back, which I think will help the Packers offense.

I feel Ball to the Broncos is a better fit than Lacy with the Broncos too.

I just don't think Lacy will live up to the hype. If he can punch it through on * and short, average more than 4 yards a carry, doesn't get the QB killed and doesn't fumble ... I'll put it down as a win for the Packers.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:34:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

All I have to say is woulda, coulda, shoulda.

He's not on our team, Lacy is. I don't wanna speculate who will be better at the next level. You just don't know till a couple years later. Both have strengths and weaknesses. I think Eddie will bring more to the team, simply because we didn't have that bruiser since Grant was healthy 07-09. And not have to rely on Kuhn to carry the ball every 3rd and short. Monte Ball just isn't that thumper that I like..

Really this RB class was so deep, I don't think we're complaining what we got. At least i'm not. Wanna Box?
Offline Dulak  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:48:59 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 94

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

I just don't think Lacy will live up to the hype. If he can punch it through on * and short, average more than 4 yards a carry, doesn't get the QB killed and doesn't fumble ... I'll put it down as a win for the Packers.

IMO if he doesn't run into his own blockers or repeatedly run into the mass of bodies and repeatedly get 1-2 yards; and then finally gets decent yardage when he doesn't do this (anyone figure out whom Im talking about) ... Ill be happy.

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:59:04 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
IMO if he doesn't run into his own blockers or repeatedly run into the mass of bodies and repeatedly get 1-2 yards; and then finally gets decent yardage when he doesn't do this (anyone figure out whom Im talking about) ... Ill be happy.

Alex Green? Think
Rss Feed