Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:12:54 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

ProFootballTalk wrote:
After the draft, a report out of Pittsburgh indicated that the Steelers passed on selecting running back Eddie Lacy because they were concerned about the state of Lacy’s toe after an injury that required fusion surgery.

The Steelers opted for Le’Veon Bell, leaving Lacy to land with the Packers late in the second round. That was a good bit later than Lacy was expected to go and his injury history, Lacy also battled a hamstring injury during the pre-draft period, has raised some concern about how effective he’ll be at the NFL level. Lacy says that if things don’t work out, it won’t be because he’s coming into his first season as damaged goods.

“From Day 1,” Lacy said, via Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “I’m going to be ready to go.”
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

As much as I enjoy the Lacy pick, why do we have to consider him the workhorse back? Why can't the Packers offense have the threat of both Lacy and Franklin? I'll say it again and again and again, with the pass-first scheme of this offense (even if they have a running game) and the dual threat of Lacy and Franklin (with a dash of whoever else makes the team), the Packers are not going to have to depend on one individual (Lacy) to carry the entire workload. Therefore, Lacy's "injury history" won't matter as much as he is not going to be the only runningback that can play on this roster.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:34:01 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Can you imagine McCarthy telling Rodgers, "hey, I want to try something. We're going to give you the week off. All we want you to do Sunday is hand off to Eddie, John, DuJuan, and Ced. All day!"

???

I would love to see that!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:36:21 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
As much as I enjoy the Lacy pick, why do we have to consider him the workhorse back? Why can't the Packers offense have the threat of both Lacy and Franklin? I'll say it again and again and again, with the pass-first scheme of this offense (even if they have a running game) and the dual threat of Lacy and Franklin (with a dash of whoever else makes the team), the Packers are not going to have to depend on one individual (Lacy) to carry the entire workload. Therefore, Lacy's "injury history" won't matter as much as he is not going to be the only runningback that can play on this roster.

Only thing I wanna see more this year in the running game, is run that ball up the throat on 3rd and 1. Lacy can bring that to us, even 3rd and 4 he could get that 1st down for us. I don't wanna see, you know.. just that predictable pass every 3rd down. Where they sit back in coverage and not worrying about any threat of the run. That's gonna make us that much better.

Franklin I think he can do the same thing, the guy's not just a scat back, he can get those tough yards too. And, take those screens we got away from last year. I'd love to see what Franklins got at returning punts and kicks as well.

Harris has tons of potential. I thought he would start this year, not if we don't snatch Lacy and Franklin. All of them can split carries, and stay healthy, and make this offense run a hell of a lot more efficiently.
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:56:16 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Can you imagine McCarthy telling Rodgers, "hey, I want to try something. We're going to give you the week off. All we want you to do Sunday is hand off to Eddie, John, DuJuan, and Ced. All day!"

???

Even for my "run happy" ass.. that might be a bit much. Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:52:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,221

???

You would love to see that, as would 31 other NFL teams.

That's almost as goofy as a Detroit Lions fan in the 90's saying they should let Barry Sanders have the 'day off' and have Scott Mitchell pass it every play, lol.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:57:01 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

That's almost as goofy as a Detroit Lions fan in the 90's saying they should let Barry Sanders have the 'day off' and have Scott Mitchell pass it every play, lol.

Well.. Scott Mitchell didn't walk away from the Lions, quit if you will. Even when surrounding players "allegedly" quit on him. Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:00:19 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

It IS goofy. But, what the hell? Gonna be slow moving till training camp...

I've been waiting, and waiting for the Packers to implement a more run heavy approach for years. Now that we look to have the right players to pull it off, I can foresee McCarthy actually enjoying the success our running game might provide, and going to it more regularly. The Lacy and Franklin picks alone make running the football nearly impossible for him to ignore as he had previously, forcing the issue a bit. I think, once he sees what he'll be able to do, he'll use it more, and more, and more.

Eventually, Rodgers will get his day off...
yooperfan on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:05:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,221

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Well.. Scott Mitchell didn't walk away from the Lions, quit if you will. Even when surrounding players "allegedly" quit on him. Big Grin

You sir, are a prick! Barry Sanders did NOT quit! He ... ugh ... broken record ... he LEFT the game because he no longer LOVED the game! The Lions showed little desire to field a good football team and he got tired of losing! Got it bubba?!

It IS goofy. But, what the hell? Gonna be slow moving till training camp...

I've been waiting, and waiting for the Packers to implement a more run heavy approach for years. Now that we look to have the right players to pull it off, I can foresee McCarthy actually enjoying the success our running game might provide, and going to it more regularly. The Lacy and Franklin picks alone make running the football nearly impossible for him to ignore as he had previously, forcing the issue a bit. I think, once he sees what he'll be able to do, he'll use it more, and more, and more.

Eventually, Rodgers will get his day off...

The Packers do run the ball quite a bit ... in the first half. For whatever reason, it seems (speculation, no facts to support this) the Packers toss the running game to the curb when down by a score or more.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:42:53 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
You sir, are a prick! Barry Sanders did NOT quit! He ... ugh ... broken record ... he LEFT the game because he no longer LOVED the game! The Lions showed little desire to field a good football team and he got tired of losing! Got it bubba?!

LOL.. Yes I know.. actually in reality I respect Sanders more for walking away within a stones throw of the record, he stuck to his personal convictions. Just fun pulling the string on the topic. UserPostedImage

But one also has to respect the world out of a guy like Sweetness that stuck throw the losing and was rewarded at the end.

Now.. hopefully we have positive discussions upon Lacy years into the future.. probably not in the same realm but positive no less. UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed