Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 11:40:32 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

ProFootballTalk wrote:
The ongoing debate about how a gay NFL player would be treated in the locker room has largely focused on the idea that times are changing, and that acceptance of a gay player would be a modern development. But it’s often overlooked that the ultimate example of the old-school football coach was also perfectly fine with having gay players on his team.

Multiple players who played for Vince Lombardi, the legendary former Packers and Redskins coach, say that he knew some of his players were gay, and that not only did he not have a problem with it, but he went out of his way to make sure no one else on his team would make it a problem.

Edited by moderator Friday, May 3, 2013 1:08:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 4 applause.
DoddPower on 5/3/2013(UTC), TwinkieGorilla on 5/3/2013(UTC), mi_keys on 5/3/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 5/3/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 1:06:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,986

click that link ... check out the picture they used lol

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Laser Gunns  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 216

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
click that link ... check out the picture they used lol

Mintbacon IS the internet.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 9:30:47 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

None of them ever made a big deal about it/"came out of the closet" though. I bet I know one member of Lombardi's teams who swung that way - but I better not say who, lest I be accused of the aggregious sin of judging hahahaha.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 10:16:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,986

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
None of them ever made a big deal about it/"came out of the closet" though. I bet I know one member of Lombardi's teams who swung that way - but I better not say who, lest I be accused of the aggregious sin of judging hahahaha.

I think it's absurd to announce your sexuality. I thought that was kind of an attention grab when the NBA player did it. And no one would dare have done it in the 50's or 60's ... we're much more of a politically correct band of wusses now.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 10:29:49 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

So your more offended by the sin because they announce themselves as a sinner? Really..

We are a nation that celebrates marriage, we even wear wedding bands our entire lives. We clearly flaunt our orientation no? Even us that violate a ten commandment. A major sin.. should we not celebrate our partnerships? Our love for our spouse?

If we allowed the gay couples that same opportunities.. I truly believe that we really wouldn't see anyone making a big deal of their sexuality. Clear and simple. But because they are not afforded the same rights, yes, it makes news when those famous come out.

But I really don't care either way of their orientation sexually so to me it really is not a big deal whether they "come out" or not. People draw attention to themselves in various ways.. avenues.. if they need the attention who gives a crap if they seek it. Just tune it out.. works for me.

Most certainly Vince was ahead of his time.. he didn't give a crap either. He accepted them and treated them with the respect another human deserves.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
schroeder84 on 5/5/2013(UTC)
#7 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 11:03:15 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

I think it's absurd to announce your sexuality. I thought that was kind of an attention grab when the NBA player did it. And no one would dare have done it in the 50's or 60's ... we're much more of a politically correct band of wusses now.

I Agree.

#8 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 11:11:43 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
So your more offended by the sin because they announce themselves as a sinner? Really..

We are a nation that celebrates marriage, we even wear wedding bands our entire lives. We clearly flaunt our orientation no? Even us that violate a ten commandment. A major sin.. should we not celebrate our partnerships? Our love for our spouse?

If we allowed the gay couples that same opportunities.. I truly believe that we really wouldn't see anyone making a big deal of their sexuality. Clear and simple. But because they are not afforded the same rights, yes, it makes news when those famous come out.

But I really don't care either way of their orientation sexually so to me it really is not a big deal whether they "come out" or not. People draw attention to themselves in various ways.. avenues.. if they need the attention who gives a crap if they seek it. Just tune it out.. works for me.

Most certainly Vince was ahead of his time.. he didn't give a crap either. He accepted them and treated them with the respect another human deserves.

Where do you even remotely get the idea I am "offended" by any of this?

Hell yeah, there is a major difference between some homosexual who keeps to himself and doesn't make a big deal about it as opposed to one who flaunts it and tries to portray it as OK - just as normal as normal sex. Do you disagree?

What do you think Vince would have said/done if his Marvelous tight end identified himself publicly as a wide receiver hahaha? Yeah yeah yeah, I plead guilty to judging who this might pertain to hahaha.

Laser Gunns on 5/4/2013(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 11:47:39 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 216

What do you think Vince would have said/done if his Marvelous tight end identified himself publicly as a wide receiver hahaha? Yeah yeah yeah, I plead guilty to judging who this might pertain to hahaha.

you are one prejudiced turd, but this is funny.

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:02:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
DoddPower on 5/3/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 2:53:33 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 94

ya I don't know - personally I don't really care what orientation they are as long as people act professional and it doesn't mess with people or the game ...

Im not into all this religious judgement and persecution so people are afraid for people to know ...
Rss Feed