Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 5:33:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,169

The Packers didn't pick up a free agent Safety to start opposite Morgan Burnett. Also, during the draft they did not draft a replacement either. I can't help think that with Charles Woodson still available that we could see Woodson wearing #21 (which coincidentally has not been issued) during the 2013 season as a Packer.

What do you think the chances of Woodson returning to the Green Bay Packers are?
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 6:05:41 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Personally, I like it. Charles is a pros pro. One of the best defenders to play in the NFL. He could be very good for us as a pure Safety, if his shoulders are healed. That's the big question.

There is something about having a veteran like him fighting alongside all of these young players for another SB ring. I believe that is the biggest and most important component to his return to Green Bay, should it happen.
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 6:09:55 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

From the Woodson is Ancient thread..

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I would not rule out, if things don't fall right for the Packers in the draft and free agency, that they may keep Woodson's number in the Rolodex for depth sometime this fall.

I think it is very possible.. especially if the market remains soft for his services.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 7:17:34 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

Is it just his price or were there other factors influencing the decision to cut him?
Do you like bacon?
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 8:34:05 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,018
Applause Received: 1,460

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
Is it just his price or were there other factors influencing the decision to cut him?

money, age, "history of injuries".

I say it's 50-50 that he returns. I would be glad if he does but I won't pout if he does not.

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 9:06:45 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

From a standpoint of physical ability we probably have guys that are better but from an experience ability it is clear that Woodson has no equal on the team. Obviously any return would be on the teams terms but I think Woodson would be OK with that. He is smart enough to know the business side of things and he has no doubt figured out that, barring injury somewhere, he is probably not going to get a call this year. Take a small salary from the team that made you (of course he helped make them as well) and retire next season a full fledged Packers hero. What could be more endearing than "taking one for the team" as your swan song. Double D figured it out and he will forever be a Packers hero. I would be more than happy if he were to return. Of course, like wpr, its not going to kill me if he doesn't
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 12:47:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

I don't understand why people can't comprehend the complete loss of speed and bum shoulder deficiencies Wood has. It is why he wasn't picked up by anybody yet. Now, if you need a dime corner to line up on a slot receiver, or to blitz - then Wood might be our man. But what should the compensation be for a guy like that?

I have confidence that McMillian will seize the job and do well. Charles Woodson is a corner, not a safety - he is too small to be an every down safety.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 1:06:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Charles Woodson - 6' 1" 202 lbs

Jerron McMillian - 5' 11" 203 lbs
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 1:24:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,622
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

McMillian runs a 4.3 iirc. Then there's the issue of Woody's repeated shoulder breaks.

Still he wants that pick six record, so he'll be playing somewhere.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 1:31:19 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 329
Applause Received: 443

Stop with the facts!!!!! They are irrelevant.

This crop of FA veterans got caught in a bad cycle as far as signing the big dollar contract.

The salary cap is not moving until 2015, teams really have to watch who they sign and how much to spend.

There will be a team that signs Woody if and when there comes a need due to injury or such.

As far as him returning to The Packers, if Ted and Mike see they need a veteran and Woody is still available, I am betting he would be the first to get a call.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 1:32:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
McMillian runs a 4.3 iirc. Then there's the issue of Woody's repeated shoulder breaks.

Still he wants that pick six record, so he'll be playing somewhere.

iirc? did you hiccup while typing lol

Scouts said 4.4, either way, I think that is faster than Charles Woodson. It'd be best for the Packers if Jerron McMillian erases the thought of looking into resigning Woodson.

UserPostedImage
Offline Jlapp  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 2:00:07 PM(UTC)
Jlapp

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Stop with the facts!!!!! They are irrelevant.

This crop of FA veterans got caught in a bad cycle as far as signing the big dollar contract.

The salary cap is not moving until 2015, teams really have to watch who they sign and how much to spend.

There will be a team that signs Woody if and when there comes a need due to injury or such.

As far as him returning to The Packers, if Ted and Mike see they need a veteran and Woody is still available, I am betting he would be the first to get a call.

The new CBA certainly doesn't help things either. Before teams had no real reason to hold onto cap space during the year and could afford a 1 year contract for an older player. Now signing a veteran like that is money that you can't rollover into the next year.
Offline sschind  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 2:18:05 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Yeah but that's one really really big pound.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 5/6/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 2:22:21 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

iirc? did you hiccup while typing lol

Scouts said 4.4, either way, I think that is faster than Charles Woodson. It'd be best for the Packers if Jerron McMillian erases the thought of looking into resigning Woodson.

The best I saw for a forty time on McMillian was 4.4something, 4.46? That would still make him one of the fastest safeties. If he can erase all thoughts of Woody that would bode well for us, but if they had to bring Woody back so be it, I would like to see him get the pick six record.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Dulak  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 3:00:20 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

wish we would resign woody for even just 1 year ... if he would take a pay cut
Rss Feed