Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 1:32:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
McMillian runs a 4.3 iirc. Then there's the issue of Woody's repeated shoulder breaks.

Still he wants that pick six record, so he'll be playing somewhere.

iirc? did you hiccup while typing lol

Scouts said 4.4, either way, I think that is faster than Charles Woodson. It'd be best for the Packers if Jerron McMillian erases the thought of looking into resigning Woodson.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Jlapp  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 2:00:07 PM(UTC)
Jlapp

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Stop with the facts!!!!! They are irrelevant.

This crop of FA veterans got caught in a bad cycle as far as signing the big dollar contract.

The salary cap is not moving until 2015, teams really have to watch who they sign and how much to spend.

There will be a team that signs Woody if and when there comes a need due to injury or such.

As far as him returning to The Packers, if Ted and Mike see they need a veteran and Woody is still available, I am betting he would be the first to get a call.

The new CBA certainly doesn't help things either. Before teams had no real reason to hold onto cap space during the year and could afford a 1 year contract for an older player. Now signing a veteran like that is money that you can't rollover into the next year.
Offline sschind  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 2:18:05 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Charles Woodson - 6' 1" 202 lbs

Jerron McMillian - 5' 11" 203 lbs

Yeah but that's one really really big pound.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 5/6/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 2:22:21 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

iirc? did you hiccup while typing lol

Scouts said 4.4, either way, I think that is faster than Charles Woodson. It'd be best for the Packers if Jerron McMillian erases the thought of looking into resigning Woodson.

The best I saw for a forty time on McMillian was 4.4something, 4.46? That would still make him one of the fastest safeties. If he can erase all thoughts of Woody that would bode well for us, but if they had to bring Woody back so be it, I would like to see him get the pick six record.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Dulak  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 3:00:20 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 103

wish we would resign woody for even just 1 year ... if he would take a pay cut
Offline warhawk  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:10:39 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

The question is who goes if Woody comes back? Your talking about players that should benefit greatly from the PT they got last year at a position I think everyone agrees takes a couple years to be able to grasp.

So you dump one for a player that MAY give you some help for a year IF he can even stay on the field? Or, do you cut Bush or Ross who will probably do more on ST's than Woodson can give you in the Dbackfield?

I think too many people here want to cut these 2nd year players who were really out there as rookies just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

The way this staff works I say that won't happen and that the only way Woodson comes back here is if one of the young Db's gets hurt and he's still around.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
earthquake on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline earthquake  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:14:26 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
The question is who goes if Woody comes back? Your talking about players that should benefit greatly from the PT they got last year at a position I think everyone agrees takes a couple years to be able to grasp.

So you dump one for a player that MAY give you some help for a year IF he can even stay on the field? Or, do you cut Bush or Ross who will probably do more on ST's than Woodson can give you in the Dbackfield?

I think too many people here want to cut these 2nd year players who were really out there as rookies just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

The way this staff works I say that won't happen and that the only way Woodson comes back here is if one of the young Db's gets hurt and he's still around.

Yeah, have to agree, only way I see Woodson back is some bad injury situation where one or two important guys in the secondary go down. Otherwise you're signing an old, slow veteran player to be a backup, but not play special teams. Backup DBs get a lot of playing time on special teams, so if he can't do that, and isn't going to start, even at the vet min his value to the team has to be fairly low.

I really like Woodson too, I just don't see it.
blank
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:25:03 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

Charles Woodson - 6' 1" 202 lbs

Jerron McMillian - 5' 11" 203 lbs

Middle Finger

I figured Woodson for about 180 lbs. Thanks for making a dumbass out of me. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:45:25 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post

I won't speak for others, but the scenario I was speaking of would be if there happened to be injuries to these guys in TC.

I don't think anyone wants any of the guys who played last year cut, but if the situation came up where The Packers needed another db, Woody would be the first called.

The Packers didn't draft a S, I think they did sign a UDFA S, but if you think about it, Woody's roster spot hasn't been filled by anyone, and if he was resigned despite no injuries, he wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone who was on the roster last year, he would just be taking back his spot on the roster.

Again, the only scenario I see he comes back is if he is needed because of multiple unjuries to the safety position.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:52:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I won't speak for others, but the scenario I was speaking of would be if there happened to be injuries to these guys in TC.

I don't think anyone wants any of the guys who played last year cut, but if the situation came up where The Packers needed another db, Woody would be the first called.

The Packers didn't draft a S, I think they did sign a UDFA S, but if you think about it, Woody's roster spot hasn't been filled by anyone, and if he was resigned despite no injuries, he wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone who was on the roster last year, he would just be taking back his spot on the roster.

Again, the only scenario I see he comes back is if he is needed because of multiple unjuries to the safety position.

Well they did take a corner in the draft and they can keep Bush and move him to one of the backup safety positions. I'm not too concerned about the secondary, just want to see more improvement out of the safeties. Considered Woodson a temporary fix last season, not a solution to losing Collins.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed