Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 2:28:56 PM(UTC)
I think his slowness is overrated. However, his tendency to get broken collar bones isn't, and it seems like the Packers are stricter than some other teams in their medical exams to pass.

I think Woodson could play in spots and be a real asset. I'd hate to see a good young prospect kept out of the lineup or cut for him though. Looking at the numbers - Burnet, McMillian, Jennings, Sean Whatshisname, that UDFA Erickson or whatever, and more good Corners than you can count, some of whom might switch to Safety, not to even mention Jarrett Bush, I doubt Woodson is signed.
Yerko  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:16:24 PM(UTC)
Just to add more to the discussion here...there is the potential Micah Hyde addition to S. I know he was drafted as a CB, but he has some experience at the safety position.

Its safe to say I think the Packers can take their time on a decision such as this with all these other players and their potential. I don't think it will come to having to sign Woodson and I don't think Woodson is going to take a big paycut.
play2win  
#43 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:55:19 AM(UTC)
Yeah, depending on how Richardson works out, and how much McMillian can advance yr. two, we could be in very good shape at Safety.

Ted rarely goes backwards with his personnel moves. Woodson could be a bit different due to the enormous salary he had. We'll see.
PackerTraxx  
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:07:37 AM(UTC)
I think Woodson will have to take a big pay cut...where ever he plays.
Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:32:29 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx said: Go to Quoted Post
I think Woodson will have to take a big pay cut...where ever he plays.

If he does play, will be a pay increase over what he is currently getting. I do not believe money is an issue with Charles Woodson, as he has said he wants to play for a contender. That makes me think he'll probably be shelved until an injury.
buckeyepackfan  
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 2:27:51 PM(UTC)
Just saw where Woody is going to be on NFL Network tonight(Thur. 5-9).

He is going to break down The NFC North for them, doubt he will give any clues of who or if any team has contacted him.

You never know, rumors have The 49rs are interested, this time of year one can't much believe rumors.

Forget the name of the show on NFL Network but 1st airing is 7pm(est).
steveishere  
#47 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:59:44 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Just saw where Woody is going to be on NFL Network tonight(Thur. 5-9).

He is going to break down The NFC North for them, doubt he will give any clues of who or if any team has contacted him.

You never know, rumors have The 49rs are interested, this time of year one can't much believe rumors.

Forget the name of the show on NFL Network but 1st airing is 7pm(est).

Well the 49ers thing wasn't exactly a rumor he actually worked out for them but that was before the draft and they drafted a S early so I doubt that's still a serious option.
beast  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:47:28 PM(UTC)

Woodson is visiting Denver to talk maybe a deal.

Raiders offered a deal to Woodson.

I kind of wonder if the Raiders offered it to try to keep Woodson away from the Broncos. (also to coach up their 1st round CB)

Or if Reggie McKenzie, offered it to give Woodson a tad more leverage hoping they signed Woodson. To maybe help out Woodson, also to spend more of the Broncos money (they' close to the cap, and more money they spend the less they can roll over to future years).

Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
uffda udfa (6h) : Canes lose 24-14 to previously 4-7 Pitt. Play Clemson in Conf. Championship next.
uffda udfa (8h) : *Miami
uffda udfa (8h) : .iai trails Pitt by 10 with under 2 minutes in 3rd qtr.
uffda udfa (8h) : Pitt up in 3rd qtr... 2nd week in a row Miami has struggled. Badgers could jump.
uffda udfa (8h) : The Canes belong on a Christmas tree not in a football playoff.
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : I might feel glad I am going to miss most of our Packer game.
wpr (10h) : That's awesome Thrilla. Have a great time
TheKanataThrilla (12h) : Got myself some tickets to the Grey Cup this Sunday. Taking my son.
TheKanataThrilla (24-Nov) : Cousins is pretty good. Thankfully coaches were willing to lack past early draft rounds to play him.
wpr (24-Nov) : Merry Thanksgiving to all. ;)
Zero2Cool (24-Nov) : uffda udfa -- if you want your name changed, send me a Private Message with new name
yinzer (24-Nov) : probably not, eh?
Zero2Cool (24-Nov) : Wonder if Chargers fans say regime is wasting Rivers.
yinzer (24-Nov) : old school
TheKanataThrilla (24-Nov) : Fave non-GB players. Love QBs so going Brees and Rivers.
hardrocker950 (24-Nov) : Hayward with a pick
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : Love Rivers. Wish he'd find a great team to play for.
nerdmann (23-Nov) : Shit could turn around for us.
nerdmann (23-Nov) : Loins lost and the 'Gurlz are losing (not to jinx)
yinzer (23-Nov) : Ya got my vote on the name change, uffda udfa haha
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : The claim is highly sweaty balls..
uffda udfa (23-Nov) : Wait... Pee Stain 76...would be better.
uffda udfa (23-Nov) : Checked settings and couldn't get it done.
uffda udfa (23-Nov) : Can I change my screen name from uffda to: Mike Daniels' Pee Stain ?
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : I hate the endzone rule, Detroit got hosed on that call.
uffda udfa (23-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving you homers! Ha ha.
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : Yoop I am up from New York. Ogdenbugh is about an hour drive. Close to Syracuse as well, but never checked out any football or basketball ga
Zero2Cool (23-Nov) : Today's Birthdays: polargrizz (63)
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : Go Lions, Chargers and Redskins. No doubt they all will lose as I am terrible on picking the Thursday game.
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : My football pool buddies and I will be celebrating. We even have a bar that'll serve a turkey dinner.
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : Hahahaha
yooperfan (23-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving to all Packers fans from da U.P.of Michigan eh ??
TheKanataThrilla (23-Nov) : Happy Thanks Giving to my friends in the South. We should all be thankful for Aaron Rodgers for obvious reasons. Go Pack Go!!!
Nonstopdrivel (23-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
buckeyepackfan (23-Nov) : HAPPY THANKSGIVING PACKER FANS!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys