Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 5:19:44 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 3,485
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
[mfing]

I figured Woodson for about 180 lbs. Thanks for making a dumbass out of me. [grin1]

[wasntme]
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 7:07:17 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,416
Applause Received: 1,682
I don't understand why people can't comprehend the complete loss of speed and bum shoulder deficiencies Wood has. It is why he wasn't picked up by anybody yet. Now, if you need a dime corner to line up on a slot receiver, or to blitz - then Wood might be our man. But what should the compensation be for a guy like that?

I have confidence that McMillian will seize the job and do well. Charles Woodson is a corner, not a safety - he is too small to be an every down safety.

I can not imagine IF they did bring him back that it would be for much more than league min of $940,000 and he would be more than a situational role player.
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 7:08:57 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
I like many players that we have, but if Charles can come in and beat another player for a position fair and square, the staff will have to consider his age vs losing a younger player who just needs time to develop. Tough call.

Regardless, Woodson as a pure Safety could be good with his experience. Good for many of those younger players. If his wheels are too slow to get the job done, I would side with the youth.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 8:20:53 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 709
Dakotat said: Go to Quoted Post
Well they did take a corner in the draft and they can keep Bush and move him to one of the backup safety positions. I'm not too concerned about the secondary, just want to see more improvement out of the safeties. Considered Woodson a temporary fix last season, not a solution to losing Collins.

WHAT??????

Topic..........a sign Charles Woodson will return

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:19:11 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Received: 129
JerseyAl said:
For seven years, Charles Woodson was everything Packers fans wanted–a leader and defensive difference-maker.

Oh, and an expensive free agent acquisition.

But scheduled to count $9,437,500 against the salary cap in 2013, the Packers opted to release Woodson and use that money elsewhere. Since then, the Packers have signed Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews to lucrative contract extensions and brought in 11 players via the draft.

But one position that wasn’t addressed by the Packers in April’s draft was safety. [...]
Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:38:05 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 929
Applause Received: 1,893
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
WHAT??????

Topic..........a sign Charles Woodson will return

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

If you were actually capable of reading between the lines, you would understand that drafting the corner from Iowa would move Bush to safety, leaving no room to sign Woodson. Sorry I didn't connect all the dots for you in actual verbiage.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:40:27 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
If you were actually capable of reading between the lines, you would understand that drafting the corner from Iowa would move Bush to safety, leaving no room to sign Woodson. Sorry I didn't connect all the dots for you in actual verbiage.

There is no world where Jarrett Bush (you're a lazy ass who can't type the players first name so I have to assume) makes Charles Woodson expendable, none, zero, absolutely not possible.
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:41:52 AM(UTC)

United States
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
There is no world where Jarrett Bush (you're a lazy ass who can't type the players first name so I have to assume) makes Charles Woodson expendable, none, zero, absolutely not possible.

How many more Bush's do we have? And yes, I am a lazy ass when there is absolutely no money on the line. Wood is going to cover all the punts and kickoffs then, cause that's what backup players do?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
QCHuskerFan on 5/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:49:46 AM(UTC)

United States
How many more Bush's do we have? And yes, I am a lazy ass when there is absolutely no money on the line. Wood is going to cover all the punts and kickoffs then, cause that's what backup players do?

No clue, haven't checked the roster, hence why I had to assume. Making the reader assume is awful and disrespectful ... it's like killing kittens with a rusty spoon anally. I now just checked the roster and I can't find "Wood" on there so I have to once again assume this is a trick question, perhaps even rhetorical?

Offline DakotaT  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:12:54 AM(UTC)

United States
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
No clue, haven't checked the roster, hence why I had to assume. Making the reader assume is awful and disrespectful ... it's like killing kittens with a rusty spoon anally. I now just checked the roster and I can't find "Wood" on there so I have to once again assume this is a trick question, perhaps even rhetorical?

[roflmao]

I forget about that rapist/rapier wit of yours sometimes.
Rss Feed