Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:47:17 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.

they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31
Offline TheEngineer  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:34:44 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

I'm still not sold on our OL. I kind of expected the performance we had, but I guess it remains to be seen once Wells comes back and shifting Spitz to guard, how well we play. It's a bit of a weak link for us, imo.
blank
Offline porky88  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 409

The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.

Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.
Online doddpower  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:57:17 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.

I agree. He seems to give up on the run game VERY quickly.

Perhaps it's just he has that much confidence in the passing game. Or maybe just little confidence in the running game.

hmm.
Online Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:20:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

McCarthy says that he calls a lot more runs that are actually run. The QB has a lot of leeway to audible out. We can't really fault McCarthy if he is calling a run and the QB is audibly out. Or can we?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed