Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:47:17 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31
Offline TheEngineer  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:34:44 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
I'm still not sold on our OL. I kind of expected the performance we had, but I guess it remains to be seen once Wells comes back and shifting Spitz to guard, how well we play. It's a bit of a weak link for us, imo.
Offline porky88  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 510
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31


Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.
Online doddpower  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:57:17 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA
Applause Given: 3,232
Applause Received: 884
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31


Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.


I agree. He seems to give up on the run game VERY quickly.

Perhaps it's just he has that much confidence in the passing game. Or maybe just little confidence in the running game.

hmm.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:20:58 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,346
Applause Received: 3,634
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The ZBS always takes a while to get going considering you don't practice it much. You can't cut your own guys. Every year the running game takes a while to get going. Eventually it does. I wouldn't worry that much. I think eventually it can get going. GB did run the ball pretty well against Detroit and Minnesota. Certainly not terrible.

The problem is Dallas is a great football team. You had an outstanding front seven going up against an offensive line that has their starting center out, starting guard playing center, and a running-back with a bad hamstring.


they did get 4.0 yards per carry vs Dallas

Pack is ranked #11 in rushing avg per carry

NO is 28 and Philly is 31


Those are good stats. This tells me that McCarthy should run the ball more. If I can pick a flaw in his coaching it's that he lack confidence in his running game at times. If it doesn't jump out of the gate then he seems to get away from it.


McCarthy says that he calls a lot more runs that are actually run. The QB has a lot of leeway to audible out. We can't really fault McCarthy if he is calling a run and the QB is audibly out. Or can we?
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages«<345
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
uffda udfa (1h): Cancer sucks. Claims children and others way too young. Sorry, 4 your loss.
yinzer (8h): wpr, I'm sorry to hear of your loss
Cheesey (23-Aug): Wow, Wayne. Sorry to hear about that. It's never easy to lose a loved one, no matter what age.
Zero2Cool (22-Aug): Sorry, Wayne. :-(
wpr (22-Aug): Lost a friend to Pancreatic cancer. Bummed. He was only 55. Hard working dairy farmer. I am not sure if his kids will be up to the task.
Zero2Cool (21-Aug): Yes
LSUzilla (21-Aug): is there a prize for the pickem game this year?
Smokey (19-Aug): Mexican Mucky , your a genius ! Chimichangas !
Smokey (19-Aug): Sorry Zero, wilted lettuce does not qualify . LOL
Mucky Tundra (19-Aug): beef
Zero2Cool (19-Aug): ... me
Smokey (19-Aug): Meat of the day ? Chicken, Fish, or Pork ?
Smokey (15-Aug): Still Recruiting, The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League
Zero2Cool (15-Aug): Lions sign TE Andrew Quarless
Zero2Cool (15-Aug): I got sound working last night! Woohoo!
Smokey (13-Aug): Then , Maybe Not
buckeyepackfan (12-Aug): GAMEDAY NIGHT!!!!(sort of) GO! PACK! GO!
Zero2Cool (11-Aug): load it up billy!!
Smokey (10-Aug): Rugby reminds me of my childhood when the neighborhood lads all played "fumble ball" .
Smokey (10-Aug): I tune in for Olympic Archery and get half naked women playing in the sand ! Life is good !
Smokey (10-Aug): Still, The Shadow Knows .
Zero2Cool (10-Aug): You'll have to tune in Friday evening to find out. Dun dun dunnnnn!!!! ??
Smokey (10-Aug): Will the Browns game be in the Chat ?
gbguy20 (7-Aug): game cancelled.
Smokey (7-Aug): What's going on with the Chat , dhazer ?
gbguy20 (7-Aug): come onnnnnnnn
gbguy20 (7-Aug): why arent we streaming the speeches
Mucky Tundra (6-Aug): From Green Bay to New Orleans...two couldn't be further apart
Zero2Cool (6-Aug): Saints signing fullback John Kuhn
wpr (5-Aug): It rained in Illinois overnight
Smokey (5-Aug): Y U in Bangkok , fatguy ?
fatguy (5-Aug): Go Pack, Go
fatguy (5-Aug): Hello from Bangkok. It's raining.
Zero2Cool (2-Aug): Chargers will sign former Packers WR James Jones
Zero2Cool (1-Aug): Fox streamed it
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl LI
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

1h / Around The NFL / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gotarace

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

24-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

24-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

24-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

24-Aug / Packers Draft Threads / DarkaneRules

23-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

23-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules


Packers Headlines