Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:12:11 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Without Desmond Bishop, who the hell is going to overcome the deficiencies of A.J. Hawk?

Bishop is easily the most physical defensive player the Packers have. Releasing him would be foolish. Trading him ... that's a different story.

Any team looking at the situation will see zero value if the Packers' best ILB is not wanted back post injury. That was a severe injury Bishop suffered, and what would anyone trade away for that risk?

This is a bummer, but an even bigger bummer to me is seeing Hawk and Jones at the top of our depth chart at ILB.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:15:09 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,347
Applause Received: 3,635
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Any team looking at the situation will see zero value if the Packers' best ILB is not wanted back post injury. That was a severe injury Bishop suffered, and what would anyone trade away for that risk?

This is a bummer, but an even bigger bummer to me is seeing Hawk and Jones at the top of our depth chart at ILB.

Releasing = nothing in return.
Trading = SOMETHING in return.

I prefer something, over nothing. I'm a crazy fool like that!
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:28:08 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2015Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 691
Wow, that is uh, surprising to say the least! All aboard the Terrell Manning train! \:d/
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:41:19 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Received: 131
NationalFootballPost said:
Desmond Bishop probably will not have too much trouble finding a new home. But things would have been much easier for him if he was cut loose much earlier in the offseason.

The Green Bay Packers are expected to part ways with the inside linebacker unless there is an unexpected contract restructure. Otherwise, the team will release him if he is not traded, something that is unlikely given his contract status. Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin first reported the news.

Bishop missed the entire 2012 season with a ruptured hamstring tendon suffered in a preseason game. He has yet to take part in the team’s OTA’s so the Packers have apparently not deemed him fully healthy yet.

Bishop became expendable when Brad Jones flourished in his place. Jones was rewarded with an $11.75 million, three-year contract this offseason.

Bishop’s career took off in 2010 and 2011 but his base salary of $3.464 million this season made him expendable. We’ll see what shakes out for him.

Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs

This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:41:55 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 989
Applause Received: 1,997
I've read that the Packers are going to be going to the 3-3-5 alignment more, meaning only one inside linebacker on the field for about 65% of the plays. Seems to me, since Brad Jones is the best coverage guy, the choice came down to Hawk over Bishop. I think they are all mediocre so dumping Bishop isn't going to keep me up nights, but I will always remember his game saving tackle on Desean Jackson against the Eagles in 2010.
Offline play2win  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:08:09 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
Releasing = nothing in return.
Trading = SOMETHING in return.

I prefer something, over nothing. I'm a crazy fool like that!

Oh, I totally agree. I am too! I was counting on him being back. Now, it looks not so good, and probably really tough to make a deal.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:39:10 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 715
Applause Received: 739
When is Ted Thompson going to realize his stupidity?

I always read the comments at the end of the articles that are posted, NEVER and I mean NEVER, has there been any support for A.J. Hawk and very little support for Brad Jones!!!!!

According to most fans these 2 have no business being on The Packers roster let alone the fact that they are currently THE STARTERS for 2013!!!!

Ted Thompsons inability to bring in talented ILBr's and his stubbornness to OVERPAY the ones who do hang around is just another reason The Packers will continue to come up short in their goal to bring The Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

...........FIRE TED THOMPSON............
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:43:43 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,347
Applause Received: 3,635
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post

I always read the comments at the end of the articles that are posted, NEVER and I mean NEVER, has there been any support for A.J. Hawk and very little support for Brad Jones!!!!!

According to most fans these 2 have no business being on The Packers roster let alone the fact that they are currently THE STARTERS for 2013!!!!

Ted Thompsons inability to bring in talented ILBr's and his stubbornness to OVERPAY the ones who do hang around is just another reason The Packers will continue to come up short in their goal to bring The Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

...........HIRE TED THOMPSON............

Ted Thompson was a talentless linebacker in his NFL days. He was regulated to Special Teams. He has a weak mindset when it comes to LB's that shouldn't really be in the NFL so he keeps giving so many undeserving LB's a chance.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:18:36 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 80
Applause Received: 219
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post

...........FIRE TED THOMPSON............

I will trust Ted Thompson's decisions over any fan's opinion. There's a reason he gets paid to do what he does and we don't. Besides, how many current GMs have a Super Bowl on their resume?
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:19:19 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 715
Applause Received: 739
Ted Thompson was a talentless linebacker in his NFL days. He was regulated to Special Teams. He has a weak mindset when it comes to LB's that shouldn't really be in the NFL so he keeps giving so many undeserving LB's a chance.

Makes sense to me!!!!
Rss Feed