Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 1:10:45 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Received: 105
ProFootballTalk said:
If Desmond Bishop can prove himself well, he should be in demand. And there might not be more of a need for the soon-to-be-former Packers linebacker than inside the NFC North. According to Weston Hodkiewicz of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Bishop's first visit once he's officially a free agent is expected to be with the
Offline Laser Gunns  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 3:10:46 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 299
im so sick of the goddamn vikings.

between them scooping up ex-favorites, Bert, Greg, Bishop 3-good first-rounders this year, and the Bears getting Cutler, Peppers, and Marshall in consecutive offseasons.

the offseason is brutal for packer fans. or just me.
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 4:03:02 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Received: 105
ProFootballTalk said:
The Packers apparently lit a fire under Desmond Bishop with his release. And they may have to put it out twice a year. Bishop told ESPNWisconsin.com’s Jason Wilde that being released today will serve as motivation, something a former sixth-rounder who worked his way into a starting job never needed. “This is definitely a motivating
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 4:30:46 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,310
Applause Received: 814
Bring it.

Bishop's a run stuffer. We don't run the ball.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 6/17/2013(UTC)
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:27:40 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266
If you want to see a blueprint of lighting up Bishop, check out the Chargers game in '11.

Run off his help with post and crossing routes and leave him on an island against a TE running a deep out.

Greenway is also a slow thumper. Beat them with speedy TEs and RBs.

We might have couple on the roster.
Offline mi_keys  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:53:17 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 269
Applause Received: 436
I love that it really doesn't matter what position an ex-Packer plays, the Vikings feel it would be an instant upgrade to snatch them up. They go after EVERYONE.

Seriously, I bet we could cut a hot dog vendor and the Vikes would be blowing up the guy's cell phone trying to get him in Minnesota. It's beyond comical.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:53:20 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266
RajiRoar said: Go to Quoted Post

between them scooping up ex-favorites, Bert, Greg, Bishop 3-good first-rounders this year, and the Bears getting Cutler, Peppers, and Marshall in consecutive offseasons.

Must be you. Because I don't think so.

I like the opponents wasting roster spots for old washed up players and overpriced overrated FAs.

There is a reason the Bears have had 5 #1 Draft picks in the last 8 years. Wasting the few they have left on project guys and specialty role players. Like Long and McClellin.

Cutler is a mediocre QB with a big arm. He has a crappy rating over 10 yards. What good is a big arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn. From the inside. He cost them 2 firsts and a huge cap hit. They could have used 1 to draft a mediocre QB and been ahead by a 1st round pick.

Marshall is inefficient. He cost them 2 thirds and a huge cap hit. He is 40% of their passing game. That is more than Jones and Cobb together are for the Packers. While Jones and Cobb put up 22 TDs, Marshall only put up 11.

Bert Facre didn't do much for the Vikings. In 2009, they had the 2nd easiest schedule in Viking history. In 2010, they had a tough schedule. When the real Facre showed up.

Greg is a great guy and a great player. I hope he does well and stays healthy. But it has been years since he has.
I hope that Bishop goes to the Vikings. We could use another slow defender in coverage for our offense to face.

As far as the Vikings draft picks, I think they were 2 for 3. They wasted a lot of picks for a project WR who runs crappy routes and has questionable hands. Fast, stupid and can't catch. Sounds like Hester.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 6/18/2013(UTC), play2win on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 9:08:14 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 547
Applause Received: 382
RajiRoar said: Go to Quoted Post

Just you hahahaha. All in all, it seems to me that this has been an excellent off-season. The Packers should be on their way to a Super season.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 6/17/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:33:22 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
Funny reading the comments after the article.

I think this is more about:

1. Financial risk retaining an injured starter money player

2. Respect for Bishop in allowing him to have ample time to sign on with another team for the best money he can get.

3. The possibility of him coming back for way less if he can't find a high priced contract in the open market.

4. Bishop's hamstring strain precluding him from participating in OTAs after his tendon tear rehab.

5. The number of other player contracts that are up and in need of Bishop's $3.5M cap dollars.

If Bish came in truly ready and participated in OTAs this may be a far different story.
User is suspended until 5/30/2015 8:27:35 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:17:09 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 755
Applause Received: 1,535
Dexter_Sinister said: Go to Quoted Post
Must be you. Because I don't think so.

I like the opponents wasting roster spots for old washed up players and overpriced overrated FAs.

There is a reason the Bears have had 5 #1 Draft picks in the last 8 years. Wasting the few they have left on project guys and specialty role players. Like Long and McClellin.

Cutler is a mediocre QB with a big arm. He has a crappy rating over 10 yards. What good is a big arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn. From the inside. He cost them 2 firsts and a huge cap hit. They could have used 1 to draft a mediocre QB and been ahead by a 1st round pick.

Marshall is inefficient. He cost them 2 thirds and a huge cap hit. He is 40% of their passing game. That is more than Jones and Cobb together are for the Packers. While Jones and Cobb put up 22 TDs, Marshall only put up 11.

Bert Facre didn't do much for the Vikings. In 2009, they had the 2nd easiest schedule in Viking history. In 2010, they had a tough schedule. When the real Facre showed up.

Greg is a great guy and a great player. I hope he does well and stays healthy. But it has been years since he has.
I hope that Bishop goes to the Vikings. We could use another slow defender in coverage for our offense to face.

As far as the Vikings draft picks, I think they were 2 for 3. They wasted a lot of picks for a project WR who runs crappy routes and has questionable hands. Fast, stupid and can't catch. Sounds like Hester.

Dex, I would have given you ten applaud points for this post.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:15:36 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 138
I would sooner see the Queens picking up our castoffs than us picking up theirs.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:30:08 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,097
Applause Received: 2,660
If I were a Vikings fan (first, shoot me) I'd be PISSED that the Vikings seem to be first in line on the NFC North cast offs, lol. It just gives Packers fans another thing to laugh at them for!!
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:22:09 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 67
Applause Received: 245
Lets see Vikings made the playoffs last year with a high school qb. They add players to help them this year but yet people say they suck. I am lost if they are saying this because of the green and gold glasses or is it a joke? But yet the Packer lose players and we are the best team ever? We still don't have a defense and we lose 2 wrs.

I'm so lost with people on here.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:34:26 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,097
Applause Received: 2,660
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
Lets see Vikings made the playoffs last year with a high school qb. They add players to help them this year but yet people say they suck. I am lost if they are saying this because of the green and gold glasses or is it a joke? But yet the Packer lose players and we are the best team ever? We still don't have a defense and we lose 2 wrs.

I'm so lost with people on here.

Correction, they made the playoffs with a RB who had a rare NFL season statistically. It had far less to do with the QB than the RB. I'm also intrigued to see that you've jumped off the "Detroit gonna be a force this season!" bandwagon and jumped on the "Fear the Vikings!!" bandwagon.

Packers fans say the Vikings suck, just like the Bears suck, it is regardless of their record. When you become a full fan of the Packers, this won't be so damn confusing to you!

Another example ... Dale Earnhardt fans say Jeff Gordon sucks, but Gordon has won more races and multiple Cup trophies.

I hope I have helped you understand. No charge.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
dhazer on 6/18/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 6/18/2013(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:15:08 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 67
Applause Received: 245
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Correction, they made the playoffs with a RB who had a rare NFL season statistically. It had far less to do with the QB than the RB. I'm also intrigued to see that you've jumped off the "Detroit gonna be a force this season!" bandwagon and jumped on the "Fear the Vikings!!" bandwagon.

Packers fans say the Vikings suck, just like the Bears suck, it is regardless of their record. When you become a full fan of the Packers, this won't be so damn confusing to you!

Another example ... Dale Earnhardt fans say Jeff Gordon sucks, but Gordon has won more races and multiple Cup trophies.

I hope I have helped you understand. No charge.

Thank you for the clarification =d>

I think the NFC north is going to be the best division in football this year. And yes Kevin that means Detroit will be a force. If they can actually have their defense keep its cool and grow up.

I am stoked for some football and I am so glad I get Sunday Ticket for free this year. If you get time before the season starts Kevin we can setup you know what for all the games Smile
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Rockmolder on 6/20/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed