You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#31 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 1:38:56 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I'm thinking you guys could buy a $3 ticket and winning $350 million dollars and instead of enjoying the $190 million, you'd spend your remaining days bitching and complaining about the taxes paid.

And .... nothing wrong with that ... just not how I choose to roll.


I'm too cheap to buy the $3 lottery ticket, which is another way to tax poor people.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 6/21/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#32 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 1:45:57 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I'm satisfied if you say they are both evil - just in different ways. Putting people down for reason of greed and jealousy is evil. However, the GREATER EVIL IMO, is trying to tear down America as we know it, screwing up the great life we all have.

Your example above is flawed. The Republicans - in your own words - GIVE those "rubes" what the rubes sincerely want in order to get their votes on issues keeping money in the pockets of those greedy bastards - did I state your opinion correctly? The Dem/libs employ shills - black preachers or whatever - what I call the "overseers" on the liberal plantation to capture black people's votes; Then they do NOT give them what they want; They diametrically oppose the good normal moral positions of most black people against abortion, against the gay agenda, for a strong military, against loose enforcement of illegal immigration.

You don't see a difference? The Republicans may bribe and give what those rube voters want, but the Dem/libs steal the votes, then "in your face" to the voters electing them.



They are both evil because both are deceiving middle class voters. But somehow you can differentiate the Democrats as more evil. Minorities won't vote Republican because the Republicans refuse to give up on their assault on social programs. It's pretty clear that the Republicans are in a catch 22, which is amusing to me.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#33 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 3:05:23 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
They are both evil because both are deceiving middle class voters. But somehow you can differentiate the Democrats as more evil. Minorities won't vote Republican because the Republicans refuse to give up on their assault on social programs. It's pretty clear that the Republicans are in a catch 22, which is amusing to me.


The deceit is all onesided, Dakota. You said yourself, the Republicans give the "rubes" what they want for their votes. WHERE do you see deceit there? The Dem/libs grab the votes, then go directly against the beliefs/values/wishes of those who voted for them. THAT is deceit.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#34 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 4:41:48 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,657
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 589

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
What is apparent throughout this increasingly unreadable thread is that there aren't as many historians commenting as advocates. By that I mean the number of times people are making factual statements clearly colored by their political beliefs, not based on actual facts or even hypothetical suppositions with a basis in reality.

The shame of it is that for both the major political parties, their cynical clinging to their usual way of doing business has made it impossible for either one to satisfactorily make the country better for anyone, and the partisan bickering and heel-digging that has paralyzed the last few congresses has destroyed any hope of a better solution based on compromise.

Realistically, both parties have fallen short on issues related to minorities since they were at the top of the policy heap 150 years ago because both parties have, by nature of their being political parties, tried to think of short term success for the party not long term success for the country.

I would suggest that most of you give up on trying to make your arguments because your obvious partisan biases render you incapable of rational and realistic definition of the problem or solutions to it. The best thing any of you could do is read a lot more and do so without assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is biased toward the other side.


Ow! :)
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#35 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 7:37:50 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think one person or institutions (media, education, or entertainment) has that much influence over the American electorate.

I think Obama's election to the presidency was similar to Ronald Reagan‘s election to the presidency. First, Obama was a better politician than his opponents were. As much as people loathe politicians, they sure seem to vote for the better one each time. The other reason is it was a reaction to the previous presidency. People judged Jimmy Carter as a disappointment and gave the car keys to Reagan. They did the same from Bush to Obama. I believe the voters that don’t pay attention tend to vote with that methodology.

Now the reason Mitt Romney isn’t President today is the Republican Party has yet to fully recover from this era. In addition, their social politics -- like the southern strategy -- has gone from a great strength to a major weakness. So while the Republicans positions on taxes, spending, and regulation, may very well appeal to most voters, it’s their other policies that don't as much. The voters simply weigh the level of importance, and I think now more than ever, younger voters are particularly more willing to vote on social and scientific issues than pocketbook issues.

On the other hand, perhaps it's as simple as Jesse Jackson and Modern Family. Cheers


Think about what you just said - Obama got elected over Romney because of residual effects from Bush. I don't really know your politics, but can you HONESTLY say there was anything truly bad about George W. Bush? Or was it maybe that most sinister of all villains in our society today, the God damned leftist mainstream media that convinced a gullible public that there was something negative about Bush?

Obama was a better politician? Yeah, in the sense that politicians by nature are lying sacks of shit, and Obama is one of the damnedest lying sacks of shit that has come a long in a long time. I will, however, concede, the bar is set about as low as it can go in terms of politicians when the opponents are McCain and Romney. They were, however, at least honorable Americans - as opposed to piece of shit Obama who isn't even a little bit honorable and may not even be American.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#36 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 7:42:57 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210


Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
What is apparent throughout this increasingly unreadable thread is that there aren't as many historians commenting as advocates. By that I mean the number of times people are making factual statements clearly colored by their political beliefs, not based on actual facts or even hypothetical suppositions with a basis in reality.

The shame of it is that for both the major political parties, their cynical clinging to their usual way of doing business has made it impossible for either one to satisfactorily make the country better for anyone, and the partisan bickering and heel-digging that has paralyzed the last few congresses has destroyed any hope of a better solution based on compromise.

Realistically, both parties have fallen short on issues related to minorities since they were at the top of the policy heap 150 years ago because both parties have, by nature of their being political parties, tried to think of short term success for the party not long term success for the country.

I would suggest that most of you give up on trying to make your arguments because your obvious partisan biases render you incapable of rational and realistic definition of the problem or solutions to it. The best thing any of you could do is read a lot more and do so without assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is biased toward the other side.


Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Ow! :)



What an all world IGNORAMUS hahahahahaha.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Formo  
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:12:00 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Think about what you just said - Obama got elected over Romney because of residual effects from Bush. I don't really know your politics, but can you HONESTLY say there was anything truly bad about George W. Bush? Or was it maybe that most sinister of all villains in our society today, the God damned leftist mainstream media that convinced a gullible public that there was something negative about Bush?

Obama was a better politician? Yeah, in the sense that politicians by nature are lying sacks of shit, and Obama is one of the damnedest lying sacks of shit that has come a long in a long time. I will, however, concede, the bar is set about as low as it can go in terms of politicians when the opponents are McCain and Romney. They were, however, at least honorable Americans - as opposed to piece of shit Obama who isn't even a little bit honorable and may not even be American.


There was plenty wrong with Bush.. The problem isn't if there was anything wrong with him, but the MSM's idealized DECEPTION of his 'wrong-doings'. If Bush passed all the legislation that Obama has, he would be on impeachment trial right now. And only because of the MSM bias.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:57:39 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
The deceit is all onesided, Dakota. You said yourself, the Republicans give the "rubes" what they want for their votes. WHERE do you see deceit there? The Dem/libs grab the votes, then go directly against the beliefs/values/wishes of those who voted for them. THAT is deceit.



The deceit lies in that they don't represent the middle class, just take their votes. The Republican's top priority is to cut taxes for the wealthy.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:07:20 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
There was plenty wrong with Bush.. The problem isn't if there was anything wrong with him, but the MSM's idealized DECEPTION of his 'wrong-doings'. If Bush passed all the legislation that Obama has, he would be on impeachment trial right now. And only because of the MSM bias.


Technically, of course, a president doesn't pass anything, and he can't get impeached for following the letter of what Congress passes, but whatever on that.

Nice that you agree with the OBVIOUS - media bias.

What exactly was wrong with Bush in your eyes? I take it, you aren't a Bush-hater for the bullshit reasons the left likes to demagogue about him, so what?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:31:03 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
The deceit lies in that they don't represent the middle class, just take their votes. The Republican's top priority is to cut taxes for the wealthy.


Dakota, I'm closer to agreeing with you than you know. It's just your reasons for opposing stuff and your priorities that are all screwed up.

Hell yeah, the Republicans' top priority - or the MOST PUBLICIZED one - was cutting taxes on the rich. Did you get that? MOST PUBLICIZED! How can their be DECEIT when the dumbass Republicans FLAUNTED the fact that they want to cut (or at least not raise) taxes on the rich? It's that exact DUMBASSERY that got them beat - twice. Why do middle class people vote Republican? First of all, they are FAR from a unified group. Maybe 55-60% of what most people call "middle class" vote Republican, and mostly it has nothing to do with taxes. There's at least a half dozen issues equally or more important as reasons for voting a certain way. But to the extent that middle class people do vote Republican because of tax cutting, it's because the cuts (or non-raising) apply to them as much as to the rich. WHERE exactly do you see DECEIT there?

What somebody needs to shake you about until a decent answer falls out is this: WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE - OR SHOULD ANYBODY CARE IF THE RICH GET RICHER (OR PAY LESS TAX) AS LONG AS THE POOR DON'T GET POORER AND THE MIDDLE CLASS ARE ALONG FOR THE RIDE GETTING RICHER TOO? Because THAT is what's happening! Whether we like all the nanny-state shit or not - all the welfare programs, etc., IT'S HAPPENING - the poor in this country are pretty damn well off. And the middle class? They have nicer houses, easier lives, more luxuries, a more affluent life in any measurable way than anytime in my lifetime - make that anytime in history. So why the hell whine and rant about the damn rich having too much? Most of them are obsessed with work and getting even richer, so they don't enjoy what they have anyway - So WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE?

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of NOT being born at the deep end of the sperm pool or whatever line that is you like to say, but I'm enjoying life thoroughly - turning shit into roses every day. Why in the hell do you make yourself so damn miserable by turning roses into shit with regard to class and income comparisons?



Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:54:07 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Dakota, I'm closer to agreeing with you than you know. It's just your reasons for opposing stuff and your priorities that are all screwed up.

Hell yeah, the Republicans' top priority - or the MOST PUBLICIZED one - was cutting taxes on the rich. Did you get that? MOST PUBLICIZED! How can their be DECEIT when the dumbass Republicans FLAUNTED the fact that they want to cut (or at least not raise) taxes on the rich? It's that exact DUMBASSERY that got them beat - twice. Why do middle class people vote Republican? First of all, they are FAR from a unified group. Maybe 55-60% of what most people call "middle class" vote Republican, and mostly it has nothing to do with taxes. There's at least a half dozen issues equally or more important as reasons for voting a certain way. But to the extent that middle class people do vote Republican because of tax cutting, it's because the cuts (or non-raising) apply to them as much as to the rich. WHERE exactly do you see DECEIT there?



This is exactly why you don't know shit from shinola. Yes, the middle class got some of the Bush tax cuts - but that's like saying we got a small sip out of a glass of water. If you can't separate where the shift in money is going versus all the wag the dog social bullshit you get sucked into - then I just dismiss your rhetoric because you are a fool. The top one %ers didn't "earn it", they stole it. The bottom line in all of this is the transfer of wealth from the middle class to people who already have more than will ever need. It is called greed, and it has really become sickening.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:43:01 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This is exactly why you don't know shit from shinola. Yes, the middle class got some of the Bush tax cuts - but that's like saying we got a small sip out of a glass of water. If you can't separate where the shift in money is going versus all the wag the dog social bullshit you get sucked into - then I just dismiss your rhetoric because you are a fool. The top one %ers didn't "earn it", they stole it. The bottom line in all of this is the transfer of wealth from the middle class to people who already have more than will ever need. It is called greed, and it has really become sickening.


WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE? Is there ANYTHING good, bad, or indifferent about the lives and tax situation of the rich that affects your own well-being one way or the other? If the damn wealthy got a bigger drink of tax cuts, it's because they paid a HUGELY bigger portion of taxes to begin with, but WHO CARES? If it makes you happy to think the top whatever %ers stole their income, fine, they stole it - WHATEVER if that makes you feel any better. I've got mine and you've got yours, so what else matters? The poor people? Yup, they have a good life in this country too - it's JUST AS STUPID for high enders to begrudge the poor getting their handouts as it is for you to whine and rant and get stressed about the rich getting whatever they get, however they get it. Just show me a "middle class" person who's hurting. If you did find one, he's probably just like you - failing to appreciate the good he has, instead getting all jealous or whatever of those who have more.

That ain't the way to live, Dakota. You are so fond of bringing up the "Christ-like" way. Does that include envy/jealousy/covetousness?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:05:48 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE? Is there ANYTHING good, bad, or indifferent about the lives and tax situation of the rich that affects your own well-being one way or the other? If the damn wealthy got a bigger drink of tax cuts, it's because they paid a HUGELY bigger portion of taxes to begin with, but WHO CARES? If it makes you happy to think the top whatever %ers stole their income, fine, they stole it - WHATEVER if that makes you feel any better. I've got mine and you've got yours, so what else matters? The poor people? Yup, they have a good life in this country too - it's JUST AS STUPID for high enders to begrudge the poor getting their handouts as it is for you to whine and rant and get stressed about the rich getting whatever they get, however they get it. Just show me a "middle class" person who's hurting. If you did find one, he's probably just like you - failing to appreciate the good he has, instead getting all jealous or whatever of those who have more.

That ain't the way to live, Dakota. You are so fond of bringing up the "Christ-like" way. Does that include envy/jealousy/covetousness?



And people like you that defend those thieves are the biggest loser dumbasses there are; and at the same time you help them kick the bottom feeders down the gutter a little farther. If you think I'm jealous of people like that, you have no clue what makes me tick.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#44 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:26:12 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,386
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
And people like you that defend those thieves are the biggest loser dumbasses there are; and at the same time you help them kick the bottom feeders down the gutter a little farther. If you think I'm jealous of people like that, you have no clue what makes me tick.


Did it sound like I was defending them? I've known rich assholes, and even a few decent rich people, but WHO CARES? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOUR/MY OWN SITUATION? I've had a GREAT day today - like I do almost every day. I hope you have too, but the point is, whether some rich asshole has a nice or possibly even nicer day (although it's hard to imagine his day being better than mine), it has NO EFFECT on you or me - so why bother to get all flustered and stressed over shit that is gonna keep right on happening regardless - when that shit really doesn't make any difference anyway - not like the terrorism thread, for example, when all of our good life really could melt (no nuclear pun intended) away in the blink of an eye.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Did it sound like I was defending them? I've known rich assholes, and even a few decent rich people, but WHO CARES? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOUR/MY OWN SITUATION? I've had a GREAT day today - like I do almost every day. I hope you have too, but the point is, whether some rich asshole has a nice or possibly even nicer day (although it's hard to imagine his day being better than mine), it has NO EFFECT on you or me - so why bother to get all flustered and stressed over shit that is gonna keep right on happening regardless - when that shit really doesn't make any difference anyway - not like the terrorism thread, for example, when all of our good life really could melt (no nuclear pun intended) away in the blink of an eye.



It's too bad you can't cut a liberal the slack that you do the wealthy thieves. It would give you more credibility. I know, you've identified those that think outside the bubble you live in as un-American and evil. Are they making your life miserable?
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.414 seconds.