Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
9 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:31:00 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

LombardiAve wrote:
It's the offseason dog days of June, about a month removed from the NFL Draft and a month before the start of the NFL Training Camps, including that for the Green Bay Packers. So you know what that means — it's time for everyone to put out their "best of' lists. We won't disappoint here [...]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:03:42 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Majik Man was great.

He shouldn't be downgraded because of the injuries. He left it all out there on the field.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dhazer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:07:31 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

I will say for most under rated I would have to go with"You may beat our Pack but you won't lick our Dickey" Lynn Dickey was a good qb and he was all we had back in the 80's.



Over rated is a hard one so i will just throw this out there and say the wr corp the past few years. People keep saying they are the best in the league we can go 6 deep blah blah blah. But seriously were they that great I don't think so.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
thanks Post received 2 applause.
dfosterf on 6/20/2013(UTC), Packerchick on 6/21/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:34:44 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I will say for most under rated I would have to go with"You may beat our Pack but you won't lick our Dickey" Lynn Dickey was a good qb and he was all we had back in the 80's.



Over rated is a hard one so i will just throw this out there and say the wr corp the past few years. People keep saying they are the best in the league we can go 6 deep blah blah blah. But seriously were they that great I don't think so.


No, these WRs really are that good.

For underrated, I'll go with Robert Brown. Pretty decent call.

Overrated? Hmm. Robert Brooks? Great guy. Solid Character. Went over the middle. Did everything you could ask. I just don't think he was THAT great. Or let's say Antonio Freeman. Got that big contract and was never the same.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:57:07 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Oh Hell No! Not another anti-Favre diatribe! Nothing against Majkowski, who did a damn good job for the time he played, but BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY, and will be until Aaron Rodgers continues his own greatness long enough to be placed above Favre.

Robert Brown underrated? I guess - I was certainly around in the 80s, and I honestly don't even remember him hahahaha. I thought at first they meant Bob Brown of the Lombardi era. I sure don't think Robert Brooks is overrated, or Freeman either.

John Hadl has to go down in Packer history as the most overrated, followed closely by Brent Fullwood.

Jerry Kramer wasn't underrated like the article said, despite the unfortunate Hall of Fame thing. My definition of underrated is basically coming out of nowhere to have a long distinguished career. Would a 17th round draft pick who was MVP of two Super Bowls qualify? - THAT'S my candidate.


Bart Starr - in case anybody is reading who has no sense of history.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:59:46 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Oh Hell No! Not another anti-Favre diatribe! Nothing against Majkowski, who did a damn good job for the time he played, but BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY, and will be until Aaron Rodgers continues his own greatness long enough to be placed above Favre.

Robert Brown underrated? I guess - I was certainly around in the 80s, and I honestly don't even remember him hahahaha. I thought at first they meant Bob Brown of the Lombardi era. I sure don't think Robert Brooks is overrated, or Freeman either.

John Hadl has to go down in Packer history as the most overrated, followed closely by Brent Fullwood.

Jerry Kramer wasn't underrated like the article said, despite the unfortunate Hall of Fame thing. My definition of underrated is basically coming out of nowhere to have a long distinguished career. Would a 17th round draft pick who was MVP of two Super Bowls qualify? - THAT'S my candidate.


Bart Starr - in case anybody is reading who has no sense of history.


Brett Favray was a redneck, we get it. You identify with him.

Doesn't mean he was all that great.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 6/20/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:22:36 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Brett Favray was a redneck, we get it. You identify with him.

Doesn't mean he was all that great.


I was born and raised in Wisconsin hahahaha - which I guess doesn't necessarily rule out being a redneck, but whatever. I tend to look down on most of those people hahahaha.

The sum total of Favre's career is GREATER than any other QB in history, and indisputably greater than anybody else at any position - for the CAREER. I didn't say he was absolutely the best player, just that he accomplished the most - which to me, makes him the GREATEST.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:29:52 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I was born and raised in Wisconsin hahahaha - which I guess doesn't necessarily rule out being a redneck, but whatever. I tend to look down on most of those people hahahaha.

The sum total of Favre's career is GREATER than any other QB in history, and indisputably greater than anybody else at any position - for the CAREER. I didn't say he was absolutely the best player, just that he accomplished the most - which to me, makes him the GREATEST.



You don't think he was blackmailed to throw the dumbest, most ridiculous (and costly) INTs in the playoffs?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:22:27 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Favre is the 4th best Packer QB.

Compare how they played in the post season when comparing Starr to Favre.

Starr has the highest post season passer rating in the history of the league.

Favre has the most NFCCG chokes in the history of the league.

Starr also played in an era when it was tougher to throw. The rules make it easier on the WRs and the QBs.

So the NFL average for Favre's era was 12.5 higher than it was in Starr's day.

Arnie Herber was farther above average in his day than Favre was. He also has 3 consecutive championships and hold the record for most yards per completion.

If a mediocre QB has 5000 more attempts than everyone else, he should hold every record. Good and bad. That wouldn't make him a better QB.

Favre was a fairly good QB. But he does have 1800 more attempts than the next highest guy on the list and 5000 more attempts than all but 10 QBs in NFL history. The records only prove he threw it more. Not that he threw it better.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/20/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 6/21/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:33:06 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Sheesh! so much IDIOTIC Favre-hate - and from people supposed to be Packer fans! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 6/20/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
9 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

45m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann