Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Roddyboy  
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:56:50 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)


Where did I call someone a name in this post?
blank
Offline walleye  
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:00:16 PM(UTC)
walleye

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Where did I call someone a name in this post?

I did not say it was in this post! i DO NOT appreciate being called a Dumba$$.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Roddyboy  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:09:27 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Where did I call someone a name in this post?

I did not say it was in this post! i DO NOT appreciate being called a Dumba$$.


Yeah?

Well, I didn't appreciate being called an :ahole: by you.

So now we're even!
blank
Offline walleye  
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:14:06 PM(UTC)
walleye

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Where did I call someone a name in this post?

I did not say it was in this post! i DO NOT appreciate being called a Dumba$$.


Yeah?

Well, I didn't appreciate being called an :ahole: by you.

So now we're even!


Ok i got a question for you if you are a packer fan. Lets say the packers play the jets. are you at that game time a packer fan or a Favre fan??? :computer:
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline obi1  
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:15:46 PM(UTC)
obi1

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Where did I call someone a name in this post?


Roddy, its a moot point OK?

The bottom line is that your dreamboy isn't here. Just like it killed you when Pack let go of Freeman, its getting to you now.

3 BIG reasons why Brett had to go.
1. He lost the NFC championship game when he threw that INT
2. He BLEW the Rams game in 2001 playoffs by throwing 6 INTs
3. He has a 3-9 record in the playoffs.
Ted Thompson intended to keep the same team around for a while so with Favre's age and his track record in the playoffs, he had to go. Ted Thompson EXPECTS his team to be in the playoffs a lot.

Put yourself in his shoes... You expect your team to be in the playoffs for the next few years. You feel you have the talent to get there.
You may not WIN the Superbowl this year but you want to lay that foundation so you could win it next or the year after... Then you want your QB that you picked out to get that experience. Ted Thompson didn't want Brett Favre because of his Playoff track record. He would rather take his chances with Rodgers because Brett has been given enough chances in his opinion and failed! Then he retired.

This is essentially the same team that went to the playoffs last year. Except for Favre...

Before ANYONE decides that Ted Thompson is the anti-christ and Rodgers is an idiot, lets give them a chance. 3 games does not a season make.

IF Rodgers has a very subpar season and blows some games that could have had us in the playoffs but we didn't get there, OK, you've got beef and people might actually listen but to post your anger the way you do, YOU come accross as an idiot.

YOUR personal feelings toward Favre is well known now but nobody gives a ---- because you have made yourself to be nothing more than a pest.
blank
Offline Roddyboy  
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:59:52 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Where did I call someone a name in this post?


Roddy, its a moot point OK?

The bottom line is that your dreamboy isn't here. Just like it killed you when Pack let go of Freeman, its getting to you now.

Wrong on so many points, Packmaster, I don't know where to begin. So, I'll begin here. I don't give a rat's ass about Freeman. He was old and slow and it was time to go.

3 BIG reasons why Brett had to go.
1. He lost the NFC championship game when he threw that INT

How about some reality here? Ted's guys sucked big time in that game. The only one's who were even playing/trying were Driver & Favre...

2. He BLEW the Rams game in 2001 playoffs by throwing 6 INTs

How about, the RAMS were a WAY better team than GB. GB was not going to win, and the stellar WR corp, like Schroeder, etc...kept letting balls bounce off of their arms and into the DB's arms. Go check the tape.

3. He has a 3-9 record in the playoffs.

I thought it was 3-7? It keeps getting bigger with you types. How about 14-4 last year. How about no running game and no blocking for 7 games? Your memory seems to be very conveniently slanted in favor of favoring TT.
Ted Thompson intended to keep the same team around for a while so with Favre's age and his track record in the playoffs, he had to go. Ted Thompson EXPECTS his team to be in the playoffs a lot.

Seattle was in the playoffs too. Ted Thompson couldn't put them over the top so Seattle let him go. He's going to do the same thing in GB, just watch!

Put yourself in his shoes... You expect your team to be in the playoffs for the next few years. You feel you have the talent to get there.
You may not WIN the Superbowl this year but you want to lay that foundation so you could win it next or the year after... Then you want your QB that you picked out to get that experience.

In other words, it's all about Ted Thompson 's EGO....right? Favre had them one game away from the SB! Any other GM would have begged Favre to come back and would have added that key piece or two to put the team over the top. Not Ted Thompson though. He may give you a couple of playoff appearances, but that's it! No ticket to the big dance.

Ted Thompson didn't want Brett Favre because of his Playoff track record. He would rather take his chances with Rodgers because Brett has been given enough chances in his opinion and failed! Then he retired.

BF didn't fail. Bob Harlan failed by hiring Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman who hired Tom Rossley. At least get the facts straight.

This is essentially the same team that went to the playoffs last year. Except for Favre...

Before ANYONE decides thatTed Thompson is the anti-christ and Rodgers is an idiot, lets give them a chance. 3 games does not a season make.

IF Rodgers has a very subpar season and blows some games that could have had us in the playoffs but we didn't get there, OK, you've got beef and people might actually listen but to post your anger the way you do, YOU come accross as an idiot.

Or maybe the truth just ruffles your feathers because you can't handle it.

YOUR personal feelings toward Favre is well known now but nobody gives a ---- because you have made yourself to be nothing more than a pest.


Plenty of people feel the way I do. More than half of Packerland in fact.
blank
Offline dingus  
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:12:16 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, right Cheesey...

(and Favre shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires either, right?)

I'm sure you can think up alot of useless excuses and "reasons" that you think pose as facts to deny him.

Like, "He threw alot of interceptions". "He only won 1 SB"...and "He hasn't won another in 10 years"..

:lol:


Yeah right Roddyboy

#1 all time in interceptions (getting up there on the fumbles lost as well).

You Also forgot #1 in TD's, Yardage, etc, etc...Dingus

Trent Dilfer has as many SB rings.

Dan Marino has 0 SB rings as does Aaron Rodgers. Elway only got his because of Terrell Davis. I love these non-points you people make out of context.

3-7 in the playoffs since 1998.

You also somehow conveniently forgot 14-4 last year, MVP runner up to Brady, over 4,000 passing, over 20 TD's. And lest we not forget, Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman. But I guess you are a Rhodes and Sherman fan, since you don't think they are handicaps that contributed greatly to theat record. eh?

39 in a couple of weeks.

Big deal....You people have been bitching about his age for 5 years now. What's the point. (See last year's statistics above)

Those are all undeniable facts RB.

But had your idol come back for 1 more year we would be assured that championship.

14-3 last year. Led team to NFC Championship game. Do I keep having to remind you?

At this point in the season the GBP are far from being a SB contender, with or without Lord Favre Almighty.

Why would you say that? Last year they made it to the NFC Championship Game. Lord Ted, whom you all seem to think is bigger than the GB Packer organization is supposed to IMPROVE the team, not take a step backwards. Oh...that's right. He promoted Rodgers over Favre....that's why we're no where near the SB this year. Is that your point?

It's the 4th week of a 17 week season, We are playing a conference team that beat a division foe last week. Our secondary has had the sh*t kicked out of it and I still expect us to win on Sunday.

I love the Green Bay Packers!

You don't.

I have faith in Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson .

You don't.

We are all aware of these "undeniable facts".

Here's another undeniable fact. Ted Thompson is not "above" the Green Bay Packers. I think that some of you think that he is, or at least, equivalent to the GB Packers. I'm sorry to break it to some of you, but that's not how it works. He WORKS for the GB Packers. He is NOT the GB Packers. Get it straight, will you?

Isn't it time to move on?


I am a GB Packer fan, same as you.


Once more, so you understand.

I have not forgotten BF 's accomplishments, I loved every minute he was behind center, I'm just not willing to give up on or over scrutinize every aspect of my favorite football team because an aging HOF QB isn't sure he can get over his hurt feelings and play for the team that paid him millions of dollars over the last decade and a half.

He has all the records, good for him. Records don't win championships as you and BF and Dan Marino know.

I will say again, I do not worship Ted Thompson , I also will not criticize him for doing what he thinks is best for this team until he completely fails at it which he has yet to do. And to think that he puts himself above the team is, in your words, opinion and conjecture.
Aaron Rodgers has proven to be a smart, athletic, talented albeit NEW QB in the NFL. He has shown nothing but promise so far. If he starts stinkin' up the joint I'll be the first to call for his head. But he hasn't yet and you choose not to see that.
Ted Thompson did not promote Aaron Rodgers over BF , BF quit, in more ways than one, and the Packers moved on. When all is said and done, it's just that simple. IMHO.

Until you get over the fact that BF is gone and isn't coming back you may as well just go to the jets boards and pronounce you're love for all things Favre over there. Over here we talk about the 2008 GBP, of which BF is not a member.
blank
Offline dingus  
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:16:55 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

Oh yeah, and BF WORKED for the GBP, he was not the GBP. Get that straight. He did not sign players, he did not coach the team and, back in March, did not know if he wanted the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left anymore. That's when I knew we were ready for a new QB.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:55:34 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


3 BIG reasons why Brett had to go.
1. He lost the NFC championship game when he threw that INT
2. He BLEW the Rams game in 2001 playoffs by throwing 6 INTs
3. He has a 3-9 record in the playoffs.



I don't think it had to do with any of these, and had everything to do with BF retiring, changing the gameplans to suit Aaron Rodgers 's QB style, and then suddenly learning BF wanted to come back.

You all know I was on BF 's side when he wanted to come back, but I'm just trying to understand what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy were thinking. That's what I'm guessing they were thinking.

They were also thinking that Aaron Rodgers is almost as good as BF , Aaron Rodgers is cheaper than BF , and thus we can spend money elsewhere, and Aaron Rodgers has more upside than BF , and we were wasting time with Aaron Rodgers on the bench because he's the QB of the future.

I would have rather had BF started in '08 for us than Aaron Rodgers . I readily admit that. However, it's over. Time to move on.

Back on topic - I think the best thing said on this thread was that in only Aaron Rodgers 's 3rd start, we only lost by 11 points to the best team in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers will only get better this season. There's a good chance that we'll see the Cows again in the Playoffs. Next time, we may even take them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Greg C.  
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:02:29 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Marquette, Michigan

Applause Received: 48

Am I alone in finding it almost impossible to read these posts with all the heads in them? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck. I just can't stand all those heads.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:04:49 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Am I alone in finding it almost impossible to read these posts with all the heads in them? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck. I just can't stand all those heads.

I guess we need to give you a.......(are you ready for this???).........HEADS UP next time!!! :thumbright: :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:08:42 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I personally like the heads, and wish we had heads for DD & GJ as well.

It seriously gives a more "human" aspect to the posts. When I followed football as a kid, I only knew what James Lofton looked like. Everyone else, you only saw their faces, partially covered by the helmet so you didn't see that much unless you had their football card (which I had several of James Lofton, my favorite football player). Heck, Lynn Dickey could probably walk down the street and I wouldn't recognize him.

That of course changed with the internet, cable, etc., things we didn't have when I was a kid.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline MassPackersFan  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:11:47 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

The heads aren't any worse than reading the initials.
UserPostedImage
Offline WhiskeySam  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:23:30 PM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Rank: Practice Squad

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 1

Two points, my initial comment was that getting drilled by the Cowboys and justifying going with Rodgers have no bearing on one another. That doesn't say anything bad about Rodgers. It simply says this loss has nothing to do with whether that decision was justified. I see this as an overeager journalist trying to make a point with no facts to support it.

Regarding the Favre-Rodgers comparison, again I didn't say anything negative about Rodgers. I just thought it telling that a guy trying to make a story out of whole cloth didn't use one of the key stats people view for QBs: TD passes, which favored Favre. Personally, I think it's a wash. Favre has more TD passes, but more interceptions. Rodgers has more yards but a lower completion percentage. Given how close their QB ratings are, I would think it's obvious that both QBs have played well this season. And yes, I ignored Rodgers' rushing TDs because that has more to do with McCarthy's goal-line strategy than Rodgers' QB performance.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline Greg C.  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:35:18 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Marquette, Michigan

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
And yes, I ignored Rodgers' rushing TDs because that has more to do with McCarthy's goal-line strategy than Rodgers' QB performance.


I agree with your post except for this last bit. Rodgers' ability and willingness to run the QB sneak is a significant weapon for our offense. Favre either did not want to run sneaks or McCarthy didn't want to risk getting him injured, and I believe that's part of the reason why the Packer offense was at or near the bottom of the league in short yardage situations last year.

Edit: Ah, I knew this thread was destined for the Brett Favre ghetto.
blank
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages<12345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.008 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Random Babble / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

12h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

14h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

18h / Around The NFL / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.