Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheEngineer  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:45:22 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Even Greg Jennings appreciated Rodgers' effort in dodging a sack, jumping up, and throwing a strike while gliding through the air.
Offline dingus  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 1:17:06 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 41
Applause Received: 41
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, right Cheesey...

(and Favre shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires either, right?)

I'm sure you can think up alot of useless excuses and "reasons" that you think pose as facts to deny him.

Like, "He threw alot of interceptions". "He only won 1 SB"...and "He hasn't won another in 10 years"..

:lol:


Yeah right Roddyboy

#1 all time in interceptions (getting up there on the fumbles lost as well).

Trent Dilfer has as many SB rings.

3-7 in the playoffs since 1998.

39 in a couple of weeks.

Those are all undeniable facts RB.

But had your idol come back for 1 more year we would be assured that championship.

At this point in the season the GBP are far from being a SB contender, with or without Lord Favre Almighty.

It's the 4th week of a 17 week season, We are playing a conference team that beat a division foe last week. Our secondary has had the shit kicked out of it and I still expect us to win on Sunday.

I love the Green Bay Packers!

You don't.

I have faith in Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson .

You don't.

We are all aware of these "undeniable facts".

Isn't it time to move on?
Offline dingus  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 1:18:12 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 41
Applause Received: 41
Oh, and by the way, I still think he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.
Offline longtimefan  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:22:54 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, but I fail to see how getting beat by the Cowboys in any way validated Thompson's decision to go with Rodgers. They have nothing to do with each other. Nice to see VM conveniently ignore Favre has more TD passes in his comparison.

Aaron Rodgers total of 6 td passing and rushing, 65 % compl ...866 total yards rushing and passing....Sacked 6 times...ZERO INT one lost fumble for total of one turnover....

Those are all facts


BF total of 6 tds passing and rushing, 70% compl....659 total yards passing and rushing....Sacked 8 times......3 INT and one fumble for a total of 4 turn overs...


They have same amount of :xcensoredx: TDS...Who gives a rats :xcensoredx: how it happened..they scored the same amount....
Those are all facts


Debate all ya :xcensoredx: want....

BF IS NO LONGER a :xcensoredx: packer

G :xcensoredx: F :xcensoredx: damn some of you just do not know when to STFU....

No matter what is said or done, he is not coming back





:xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx:


Sorry Zero but this F :xcensoredx: Go :xcensoredx: Dam :xcensoredx: S :xcensoredx: is annoying...EVERY :xcensoredx: day we have to hear same f :xcensoredx: sh :xcensoredx: from same f :xcensoredx: people
Offline lambeauleaper  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:48:12 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/5/2008(UTC)
I can't even decide what is more puzzling; the fact that people want to try and debate why letting Favre go was a mistake, or why those same people don't just pick up their stakes and move their camp over to the Jets forums.

Fact #1) You obviously love Favre more than the Packers
Fact #2) Nobody Cares

Do everyone a favor and go follow your favorite player - there's no shame in it. Well, other than the fact that you're trying to play yourself off as a Packer fan, so why not go ahead and stop doing that?
Offline walleye  
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:18:52 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, but I fail to see how getting beat by the Cowboys in any way validated Thompson's decision to go with Rodgers. They have nothing to do with each other. Nice to see VM conveniently ignore Favre has more TD passes in his comparison.

Aaron Rodgers total of 6 td passing and rushing, 65 % compl ...866 total yards rushing and passing....Sacked 6 times...ZERO INT one lost fumble for total of one turnover....

Those are all facts


BF total of 6 tds passing and rushing, 70% compl....659 total yards passing and rushing....Sacked 8 times......3 INT and one fumble for a total of 4 turn overs...


They have same amount of :xcensoredx: TDS...Who gives a rats :xcensoredx: how it happened..they scored the same amount....
Those are all facts


Debate all ya :xcensoredx: want....

BF IS NO LONGER a :xcensoredx: packer

G :xcensoredx: F :xcensoredx: damn some of you just do not know when to STFU....

No matter what is said or done, he is not coming back





:xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx: :xcensoredx:


Sorry Zero but this F :xcensoredx: Go :xcensoredx: Dam :xcensoredx: S :xcensoredx: is annoying...EVERY :xcensoredx: day we have to hear same f :xcensoredx: sh :xcensoredx: from same f :xcensoredx: people

Thank you well stated.
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:36:17 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I think this is a decent read about Rodgers.



Me too. But you can't have that w/out the tight-britches kids coming out of the woodwork, no sir. Rodgers can never be complemented, he is only to be despised for the crime of doing his job well.
Offline porky88  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:41:56 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 511
Those arguing that this game justifies Rodgers as the QB might want a reality check. The fact is GB loss and Rodgers didn't play as well as the numbers indicated. He padded his stats at the end of the game when Dallas was in prevent mode.

However, Rodgers didn't make mistakes and that's what made this a game early on. GB protected the ball well and was in the game for 2.5 quarters because they played smart. If Rodgers got turnover happy like a lot of people suggested, Dallas would have put this game away even earlier.

On the flip side.

Those saying that this loss suggests that Favre would of been right the QB this year need a reality check.

Really? Your using this game for your argument. Really? There are plenty of outstanding reasons to suggest Favre is the better QB for this team. This is not one of them.

Favre's success against the Cowboys or the lack there of is one of the reason's why he doesn't have multiple rings. The Cowboys beat the Pack last year. The outcome would have been the same this year in my opinion.

I like Favre but he's gone. Rodgers is the QB and so far I see the Packers as the favorites to win this division. However, September isn't done yet. I think we all need to take this one game at a time, but we need to do it with Rodgers as the QB because he is the QB now. That's the way it is.
Offline Roddyboy  
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:47:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, right Cheesey...

(and Favre shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires either, right?)

I'm sure you can think up alot of useless excuses and "reasons" that you think pose as facts to deny him.

Like, "He threw alot of interceptions". "He only won 1 SB"...and "He hasn't won another in 10 years"..

:lol:


Yeah right Roddyboy

#1 all time in interceptions (getting up there on the fumbles lost as well).

You Also forgot #1 in TD's, Yardage, etc, etc...Dingus

Trent Dilfer has as many SB rings.

Dan Marino has 0 SB rings as does Aaron Rodgers. Elway only got his because of Terrell Davis. I love these non-points you people make out of context.

3-7 in the playoffs since 1998.

You also somehow conveniently forgot 14-4 last year, MVP runner up to Brady, over 4,000 passing, over 20 TD's. And lest we not forget, Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman. But I guess you are a Rhodes and Sherman fan, since you don't think they are handicaps that contributed greatly to theat record. eh?

39 in a couple of weeks.

Big deal....You people have been bitching about his age for 5 years now. What's the point. (See last year's statistics above)

Those are all undeniable facts RB.

But had your idol come back for 1 more year we would be assured that championship.

14-3 last year. Led team to NFC Championship game. Do I keep having to remind you?

At this point in the season the GBP are far from being a SB contender, with or without Lord Favre Almighty.

Why would you say that? Last year they made it to the NFC Championship Game. Lord Ted, whom you all seem to think is bigger than the GB Packer organization is supposed to IMPROVE the team, not take a step backwards. Oh...that's right. He promoted Rodgers over Favre....that's why we're no where near the SB this year. Is that your point?

It's the 4th week of a 17 week season, We are playing a conference team that beat a division foe last week. Our secondary has had the shit kicked out of it and I still expect us to win on Sunday.

I love the Green Bay Packers!

You don't.

I have faith in Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson .

You don't.

We are all aware of these "undeniable facts".

Here's another undeniable fact. Ted Thompson is not "above" the Green Bay Packers. I think that some of you think that he is, or at least, equivalent to the GB Packers. I'm sorry to break it to some of you, but that's not how it works. He WORKS for the GB Packers. He is NOT the GB Packers. Get it straight, will you?

Isn't it time to move on?


I am a GB Packer fan, same as you.
Offline walleye  
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:55:32 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, right Cheesey...

(and Favre shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires either, right?)

I'm sure you can think up alot of useless excuses and "reasons" that you think pose as facts to deny him.

Like, "He threw alot of interceptions". "He only won 1 SB"...and "He hasn't won another in 10 years"..

:lol:


Yeah right Roddyboy

#1 all time in interceptions (getting up there on the fumbles lost as well).

You Also forgot #1 in TD's, Yardage, etc, etc...Dingus

Trent Dilfer has as many SB rings.

Dan Marino has 0 SB rings as does Aaron Rodgers. Elway only got his because of Terrell Davis. I love these non-points you people make out of context.

3-7 in the playoffs since 1998.

You also somehow conveniently forgot 14-4 last year, MVP runner up to Brady, over 4,000 passing, over 20 TD's. And lest we not forget, Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman. But I guess you are a Rhodes and Sherman fan, since you don't think they are handicaps that contributed greatly to theat record. eh?

39 in a couple of weeks.

Big deal....You people have been bitching about his age for 5 years now. What's the point. (See last year's statistics above)

Those are all undeniable facts RB.

But had your idol come back for 1 more year we would be assured that championship.

14-3 last year. Led team to NFC Championship game. Do I keep having to remind you?

At this point in the season the GBP are far from being a SB contender, with or without Lord Favre Almighty.

Why would you say that? Last year they made it to the NFC Championship Game. Lord Ted, whom you all seem to think is bigger than the GB Packer organization is supposed to IMPROVE the team, not take a step backwards. Oh...that's right. He promoted Rodgers over Favre....that's why we're no where near the SB this year. Is that your point?

It's the 4th week of a 17 week season, We are playing a conference team that beat a division foe last week. Our secondary has had the shit kicked out of it and I still expect us to win on Sunday.

I love the Green Bay Packers!

You don't.

I have faith in Aaron Rodgers Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson .

You don't.

We are all aware of these "undeniable facts".

Here's another undeniable fact. Ted Thompson is not "above" the Green Bay Packers. I think that some of you think that he is, or at least, equivalent to the GB Packers. I'm sorry to break it to some of you, but that's not how it works. He WORKS for the GB Packers. He is NOT the GB Packers. Get it straight, will you?

Isn't it time to move on?


I am a GB Packer fan, same as you.

Really? then maybe its time to move on and let Favre go and stop the comparisons which are really childish along with calling people names!! :thumbleft:
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : lol
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : That's a better description Zero thanks.
Zero2Cool (12h) : I wasn't cheering for Cowboys. I was just hoping Vikings lose lol
Smokey (21h) : NFLshop.com
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Seems best for our divisional prospects
hardrocker950 (22h) : then don't
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : It feels awful to cheer for the Cowboys.
Zero2Cool (30-Nov) : You know you don't have a Google sign in, so ... ahh ... don't click it :-) (having fun with ya)
Laser Gunns (30-Nov) : I don't mean to make the dupe, it happens when I try to sign in using the google account link thing.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Erik Walden has as many sacks as Nick Perry.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Most players fly "home" for offseason.
Porforis (29-Nov) : Or they just don't want to beat their bodies to hell to get a bunch of money and not having stuff around to enjoy with said money
Cheesey (29-Nov) : Well, i guess it just shows who thinks their football job is less important then going out to party.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Green Bay is a smaller town, and it's cold as crap here.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : What I've heard and read, more likely true than we care to admit.
hardrocker950 (29-Nov) : If that is true... they don't know what is good for them hehe
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : That was from Brady Poppinga.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Ted has always been aggressive & proactive in FA.It's just that a lot of big time free agents have taken less to play in bigger cities.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Gunnar, QUIT creating that duplicate account! lol
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Reggie ragland was on IR early too.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Seems anyone and everyone related to Packers is hurt lol
wpr (29-Nov) : Boy it's a good thing GB didn't sign Trevthan. Uncle Teddy is a genius. 8-l
The_Green_Ninja (29-Nov) : Silent from Nerdmann tonight :)
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Davante Adams turns 6 targets into 5-113-2 in MNF win
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Yeehaw
Zero2Cool (28-Nov) : Danny Trevthan to IR with ruptured patellar tendon in right knee. Going on IR.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : It's time for someone to step up at corner, Whitt says. He refuses to use injuries as an excuse, no matter how many ways I ask.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Joe Whitt on Randall's return: "That's what we get paid for. Nobody really cares about the rust." Only thing that matters is performance.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : LB coach Winston Moss says rust affected Clay Matthews: "We're looking forward to him getting back to his old play-making self."
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : CB coach Joe Whitt on Damarious Randall: Nobody cares about rust. The only thing that matters is performance.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Packers are 4.6 yards per rush. Only 4 teams with better average rushing per carry.
hardrocker950 (25-Nov) : But Ted will probably blow the pick on another bust
dyeah_gb (25-Nov) : I guess we can be thankful for a high draft pick
dyeah_gb (25-Nov) : happy thanksgiving everyone.
Zero2Cool (23-Nov) : Today's Birthdays: polargrizz (62)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2016 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 3:25 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / The_Green_Ninja

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Around The NFL / Smokey

22h / Packers Draft Threads / Smokey

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

1-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn


Packers Headlines