Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DarkaneRules  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:30:37 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

I really like this kid, so I am going to make a bold prediction that he will be the 4th receiver by the end of training camp. I really feel like he is going to do damage in the slot.

How do yall feel about that?

Anyone else care to make a bold prediction?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:44:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Kind of a bold prediction for a guy who I think is injured or at least hurt to the point he couldn't practice.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:48:44 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I hope you're wrong. I hope he does better!!! Seriously, he is one of the draftees I really like also. I think we are going to have to cut a pretty good receiver from the 53 this year and that it will be difficult to keep him on the practice squad.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:38:45 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

I've got high hopes for him too, but he seems more like and outside man than a slot receiver - excellent speed and leaping ability, but so far no word on his ability to catch in traffic and cut like a slot receiver. He's more Nelson or Jones than he is Cobb or Jennings (was).

The mysterious injury and falling to the 7th round worries me a little bit too, but if he develops later instead of sooner, that's still not too bad.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:57:26 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

If he even makes the 53 I doubt he does much this year. It's a big step going from rookie to NFL WR and he doesn't have much of a lead on the competition (Dorsey and all the UDFA WRs) after missing the entire offseason so far. I doubt any of these guys beat out Boykin for #4 to start the season. Whichever of these guys end up making team I wouldn't expect more than 10-15 catches out of them unless there are some major injuries.
Offline yooperfan  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:09:21 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

I want this kid to succeed as a Packer but he may not be ready to make the Packers 53.
I doubt he would last on the practice squad though either.
Perhaps with whatever this injury thing is they can PUP him this year as a way of stashing him for the future.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:12:55 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Yeah it is a reach but that's what makes it bold. :) I see your points though, but I suppose we shall see.

Anyone else have any bold predictions?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:35:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

I like him, but I'm going to wait to see what he can do.

We got some intriguing talent at WR this year. Johnson and Dorsey could both be diamonds.

Then we got a couple of speedsters too. Be nice if one of these guys could become the designated return man.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:34:41 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Yeah it is a reach but that's what makes it bold. :) I see your points though, but I suppose we shall see.

Anyone else have any bold predictions?

Really? OK...

We will have two 1000 yd RBs this season.

We will have two 1000 yd WRs this season.

We will lead the NFL in INTs on D.

We will go 19-0, running the table and taking the champagne away from the '72 Dolphins.

Big Grin
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 6/26/2013(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 6/26/2013(UTC)
Online buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:41:07 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Really? OK...

We will go 19-0, running the table and taking the champagne away from the '72 Dolphins.

Big Grin

Always the optimist!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Much better than all the negativity that seems to fly around this forum.

I'll agree with 2 and 3, I'll even go as far as say three 1000yds receivers this year.

DAMN BOLD PREDICTIONS play2win!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:45:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Really? OK...

Big Grin

So, you're getting Madden 25 and playing on Rookie ...
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules on 6/26/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:54:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Really? OK...

Big Grin

You say this as a joke, but it's not as unrealistic as people might think.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Dexter_Sinister on 6/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:54:32 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

The most impressive thing about Johnson is that he scored 31 TDs in 22 games.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
DarkaneRules on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Offline paultim374  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:53:40 PM(UTC)
paultim374

Dear The mysterious injury and falling to the 7th round worries me a little bit too, but if he develops later instead of sooner, that's still not too bad. Perhaps with whatever this injury thing is they can PUP him this year as a way of stashing him for the future. Anyone else have any bold predictions?

Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:49:17 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
You say this as a joke, but it's not as unrealistic as people might think.

No joke.
nerdmann on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:03:04 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
So, you're getting Madden 25 and playing on Rookie ...

No. darknessrules asked for bold predictions, but I won't complain if our games play out that way! That's pretty funny stuff...

With a renewed, or better yet, NEW emphasis on the run, I feel our OL will become more proficient run blockers, and our new RBs Lacy and Franklin have the potential to be 1000 yd backs.

The added running game will open up far more opportunities for Rodgers and our WRs.

A real pass rush added to a ball hawk secondary will give our offense far more opportunities to make plays. We should get up big on teams this season, and we should be able to close games out with the run like Levens & Bennett used to do.

We are one year removed from going 15-1. Going undefeated with what I believe to be a better overall team now will not be foreign territory for many of these players and coaches. If we roll the way I think we can roll, this is entirely possible.

Somebody has to knock off the '72 Fish. Why not us?

As for Charles Johnson, we have 4 players cut from very similar moulds vying for 2 spots. This kid's gotta get outta the tub!

Message modified by user Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:26:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:51:55 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

No. darknessrules asked for bold predictions, but I won't complain if our games play out that way! That's pretty funny stuff...

With a renewed, or better yet, NEW emphasis on the run, I feel our OL will become more proficient run blockers, and our new RBs Lacy and Franklin have the potential to be 1000 yd backs.

The added running game will open up far more opportunities for Rodgers and our WRs.

A real pass rush added to a ball hawk secondary will give our offense far more opportunities to make plays. We should get up big on teams this season, and we should be able to close games out with the run like Levens & Bennett used to do.

We are one year removed from going 15-1. Going undefeated with what I believe to be a better overall team now will not be foreign territory for many of these players and coaches. If we roll the way I think we can roll, this is entirely possible.

Somebody has to knock off the '72 Fish. Why not us?

As for Charles Johnson, we have 4 players cut from very similar moulds vying for 2 spots. This kid's gotta get outta the tub!

How many yards do our WRs usually get? Well we just lost two of them, so that's plenty more catches for the top three. These guys ALL have the ability to get YAC. Cobb, JJ, Jordy. You kdding me?

Now for the RBs. 1000 yards isn't what it used to be. It's much more common than say, during the 12 game season era. But think about it this way. You didn't specify 1000 yards RUSHING. These RBs can all catch passes out of the backfield, they can all make one guy miss, and they can all take it to the house. Not to mention Franklin might be used on kickoffs. That's an easy 40-60 yards/game right there, all-purpose.

As for the INTs, yeah, we lost Charles. But that also means fewer penalties. Look at the DBs we've got back there. If McMillian steps up to be legit, even if he's not super special (which he DOES have the potential for, make no mistake.) these CBs can lock down the entire field. All they'll need is a little pass rush, which hopefully will be coming, via Datone Jones, Nick Perry and the boys.

This is a very good team, and I honestly do believe they are even better than they were last year. Certainly they are better than they were two and yes, even three years ago.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:30:39 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
How many yards do our WRs usually get? Well we just lost two of them, so that's plenty more catches for the top three. These guys ALL have the ability to get YAC. Cobb, JJ, Jordy. You kdding me?

Now for the RBs. 1000 yards isn't what it used to be. It's much more common than say, during the 12 game season era. But think about it this way. You didn't specify 1000 yards RUSHING. These RBs can all catch passes out of the backfield, they can all make one guy miss, and they can all take it to the house. Not to mention Franklin might be used on kickoffs. That's an easy 40-60 yards/game right there, all-purpose.

As for the INTs, yeah, we lost Charles. But that also means fewer penalties. Look at the DBs we've got back there. If McMillian steps up to be legit, even if he's not super special (which he DOES have the potential for, make no mistake.) these CBs can lock down the entire field. All they'll need is a little pass rush, which hopefully will be coming, via Datone Jones, Nick Perry and the boys.

This is a very good team, and I honestly do believe they are even better than they were last year. Certainly they are better than they were two and yes, even three years ago.

Since they played so much nickel, Woodson was playing CB a lot when he was healthy. When he wasn't, Hayward was playing there and he managed to get a lot of picks. Allowing passers a 23.7 rating when his guy was targeted. I would say that Hayward is an upgrade over Woodson at this point.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
play2win on 6/28/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed