Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:50:25 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

LombardiAve wrote:
The bizarre continuation of the Aaron Hernandez story spilled over into Packers Nation this morning when the one and only LeRoy Butler joined the fray on Twitter as only he could do. Here is his tweet: If I am the pats I trade for Finley ASAP for 2nd round pick — leroy butler (@leap36) June [...]

ESPN weighed in on this too!!!
http://espn.go.com/blog/...-to-new-england-patriots

Message modified by moderator Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:15:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:00:15 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

There is a difference between suggesting that the Packers should get rid of Finley and suggesting that the Patriots should try to get him.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:02:13 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Gotta love LeRoy.

I heard Tebow's gonna pick up the slack at TE.

Tell you what though. If Williams could step up in the passing game, him and Quarless could be an effective tandem. Then you've got a developmental guy like Stoneburner and your FB/Hback in Mulligan.

Just sayin.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:05:12 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

OMG, I was just thinking of posting a question about contacting Pats to gauge interest.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:59:37 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

If they're going to help the Pats, nothing less than a 1st or two 2nds.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline dhazer  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:42:13 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
If they're going to help the Pats, nothing less than a 1st or two 2nds.

I was telling my brother last night (hes a huge Pats fan) that Green Bay should trade Finley for a 1st next year and a 2nd the following year.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:56:26 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

We won't be raping Billicheat any time soon. No way he gives up a first, yet alone a second rounder for Finley. But that doesn't mean the Pats aren't going to be desperate. I say we keep Finley and let him have a monster year. Quarless wants his job and it should be a major battle this season for the big contract and the starting TE position next year.

Also, I really want to see some double tight end sets to see if we can force eight in the box, and be able to run the ball. If successful, it should lead to some very successful play action long passes downfield versus 1 on 1 coverage.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:00:01 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I was telling my brother last night (hes a huge Pats fan) that Green Bay should trade Finley for a 1st next year and a 2nd the following year.

If they're that desperate, I don't see how you can't trade him. We have plenty of quality targets left and if we REALLY want to run the ball more, Finley isn't going to help there.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:02:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

I think Packers fans really lack proper appreciation for what Jermichael Finley brings to the Packers offense. I don't think his value to the offense should be discarded because he's prone to saying harmless comments that get blown out of proportion by the media and fans.

I find it a bit ironic that fans whine about how vague coaches are with their statements, yet when a player is blunt and speaks his mind he's a villain.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
beast on 6/29/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:09:43 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think Packers fans really lack proper appreciation for what Jermichael Finley brings to the Packers offense. I don't think his value to the offense should be discarded because he's prone to saying harmless comments that get blown out of proportion by the media and fans.

I find it a bit ironic that fans whine about how vague coaches are with their statements, yet when a player is blunt and speaks his mind he's a villain.

Let's take that out of the equation entirely.

Finley will be a FA after this season. We have ample TE talent behind him. Ample. Why not get something while we can, vs. having him play out his final year on this contract? Seems like a smart business decision if we can get another R1, for a guy we would struggle to fit under our cap next season...

Simple law of supply & demand. We have the supply, they definitely have the demand... and they've been a trusted trading partner in the past.

LeRoy knows perfectly well what Finley brings to the table...

Message modified by user Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:20:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PackerTraxx  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:16:14 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We won't be raping Billicheat any time soon. No way he gives up a first, yet alone a second rounder for Finley. But that doesn't mean the Pats aren't going to be desperate. I say we keep Finley and let him have a monster year. Quarless wants his job and it should be a major battle this season for the big contract and the starting TE position next year.

Also, I really want to see some double tight end sets to see if we can force eight in the box, and be able to run the ball. If successful, it should lead to some very successful play action long passes downfield versus 1 on 1 coverage.

I agree with what you say. Bill usually gets more than he gives. But on this one... no pay...no get...would be my attitude. This may be the first time the Pats have been in this much of a need position. With the Parcell's and Martin moves they were able to stock pile a bunch of high picks and were a pretty good team to begin with. Therefore, they could be choosy about making trades and usually didn't unless it was in their favor. Hopefully, those days are gone for the Pats.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:39:46 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Agreed.

Finley is probably our top whipping boy due to his arrogance. We forget what shitheads we all were in our early 20's. That said, what Packer fan suggests trading our top player at a position, ever? Hell we can't even have a decent discussion when the time comes to discuss cutting an aging, declining player.

I don't necessarily like showboating players. I think celebrating a 1st down catch is ridiculous, what is the difference between when Driver does it versus Finley? Their drops are about the same, why is Driver a God and Finley a goat?

I like Finley because he is talented. I think when he came back from injury he was buck shy which affected his concentration. He didn't trust his knee yet. Towards the end of last season, we started seeing the player we thought we had in 2009. Let's give him another year to see what we truly have.

I'd rather trade some of our other "ample" talent not named Quarless for some lower picks.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:28:06 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Important to the Packers offense or not, we're talking about a first and second round pick. That's insane. It's not going to happen, it's not worth trading him for a second round pick and I still don't think a first, but both?

Addressing DakotaT's post, if you want lower picks, you can probably count on Ted to turn a first and a second into at least six 3rd round or later picks. What are you going to get for our other TEs? And what do we need more, talented big TEs with above average receiving talent and below average blocking, or below average receiving TEs with above average blocking?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:00:14 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Important to the Packers offense or not, we're talking about a first and second round pick. That's insane. It's not going to happen, it's not worth trading him for a second round pick and I still don't think a first, but both?

Addressing DakotaT's post, if you want lower picks, you can probably count on Ted to turn a first and a second into at least six 3rd round or later picks. What are you going to get for our other TEs? And what do we need more, talented big TEs with above average receiving talent and below average blocking, or below average receiving TEs with above average blocking?

The only players I wouldn't trade for a 1st AND 2nd are Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews III.

Finley is more valuable to the Packers offense than a 2014 2nd round pick.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Porforis on 6/27/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:38:23 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

The only players I wouldn't trade for a 1st AND 2nd are Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews III.

Finley is more valuable to the Packers offense than a 2014 2nd round pick.

I'd bet Zero's left nut that the Packers won't be getting NE's 2014 1st round pick for Finley.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#16 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:59:31 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We won't be raping Billicheat any time soon.

Why not? ... Ted Thompson does it every so often... (about every 3 years).

2006 draft: Patriots trade up in the second round grabbing super hyped WR Chad Jackson, Packers fans go crazy and become pissed off... they wanted the hyped guy! And fans later complain about Ted Thompson then picking up some no named guy after that.
Ted Thompson picked up picks #52 (WR Greg Jennings Tongue ) and #75 (C/G Jason Spitz) ... Jackson goes on to play two years with the Patriots before being cut.

2009 draft: Ted Thompson trades a 2nd, and two 3rd round picks to the Patriots for picks #26 (OLB Clay Matthews Ha Ha I'm Right! ) and #162 (OT Jamon Meredith who busted)

2012 draft: Ted Thompson trades his 3rd and 5th round picks to the Patriots for pick number #62 (CB Casey Hayward ThumpUp ) and in an odd twist Ted Thompson later trade back for the 5th round pick and got ILB Manning with it.

Of course all of those where during the draft, not post draft... and Ted Thompson doesn't seem to like to trade away players... but watching and waiting for 2015 draft trade with the Patriots already LOL Rock On!
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Dexter_Sinister on 6/30/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed