Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:30:30 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
2 total in their first 3 games. Both by Jason Campbell.

So that makes Favre's day look a little better against a D that had been stingy through the air until today.

Six TD's is six TD's no matter how you shake it.

Brett more so than the next QB, if you give him time, he will torch your ass. I seen the highlights and boy did that look like some great stuff there. Some really nice throws by the oldster.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:17:19 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

I'm sick of hearing thatTed Thompsondidn't want BF here.

I'm sick of hearing that throwing multiple INT's was acceptable.

I'm sick of hearing that BF is the greatest QB ever.

6 td's and one int later for Favre and............................Rodgers throwing MULTIPLE int's later..................................

Brett Favre IS the greatest QB ever.

Sorry, its a fact.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:19:51 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

2 total in their first 3 games. Both by Jason Campbell.

So that makes Favre's day look a little better against a D that had been stingy through the air until today.

Six TD's is six TD's no matter how you shake it.

Brett more so than the next QB, if you give him time, he will torch your ass. I seen the highlights and boy did that look like some great stuff there. Some really nice throws by the oldster.

You missed a great game today Zero, Brett was well Brett..LOL...I think he did call some of the plays because the announcer had said that it looked like a play only Favre could make. Also the Jets are trying to get in the shuffle pass, it didnt work out for them today but they willl come together on that soon as well I am sure. Brett was great in Green Bay with it but trying it here didnt work. But great game and congrats to Favre!!!
Heathiee
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:23:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Yeah it looked like a helluva game. His WR torched the crap out of the Cardinals, it was thing of beauty. I can't wait to watch the highlights again on ESPN lol
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:24:04 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Brett who oh you mean the guy that threw 6tds today and is close to leading the league now if im mistaking he has the lead.

You're correct. Favre has 12 td's. Nobody else even has 10.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:24:25 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

I'm sick of hearing thatTed Thompsondidn't want BF here.

I'm sick of hearing that throwing multiple INT's was acceptable.

6 td's and one int later for Favre and............................Rodgers throwing MULTIPLE int's later..................................

Brett Favre IS the greatest QB ever.

Sorry, its a fact.

Yep it is a fact, Brett is the greatest QB ever, and it takes years in games to be the greatest.

You may be sick of hearing about Favre, but I for one can listen to anyone talking about him all day long, because you know what? He has deserved it and the attention over the years, he has earned it. And if your sick of hearing about Brett Favre dont come then to one of Bretts threads because it will be all about him. :)
Heathiee
Offline Gravedigga  
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:28:17 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Brett who oh you mean the guy that threw 6tds today and is close to leading the league now if im mistaking he has the lead.

Brett was playing the Cardinals, a team that I believe has given up a touchdown or two in the air lol

Arizona gave up 2 td passes in its first 3 games.

Lol, he got you there zero
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:39:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Brett was playing the Cardinals, a team that I believe has given up a touchdown or two in the air lol

Arizona gave up 2 td passes in its first 3 games.

Lol, he got you there zero

I said they gave up a TD or two in the air. He researched and confirmed it was two.

Oh wait yea he got me. :shrug:

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#34 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 12:55:57 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

The Packers are 2-1, with that one loss to a very VERY good Dallas team.
The Jets are 1-2, and now Favre is injured. Not only are Rodgers's stats better, but the Green Bay fandom has accepted him with open arms. We love the guy. I hear so many people say "Favre who?"...and he deserves it.
Have fun with that mess.

You know, I was partially agreeing with you until this crap.

Now, who's looking dumb? Certainly not BF , the man who's leading the NFL in TD passes.

I said in '07 that BF was the 2nd best QB in the NFL after Tom Brady. Yes, that means better than P Manning. Looks like BF may be the best QB in the NFL right now.

Oh, shoot. I have to update my sig file. BF won another game.
brb
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 1:01:40 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

BF is the greatest QB I've seen since starting watching football in '75. Ever? I don't know. I'm not that old.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#36 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 5:53:01 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

BF is the greatest QB I've seen since starting watching football in '75. Ever? I don't know. I'm not that old.

The Packers did have a guy named Starr in the 60's who was pretty good. Of course he had Jimmy Taylor and Paul Hornung with him in the backfield along with many more HOF players.

I used to put Bart Starr ahead of BF, 5 championships in 7 or 8 years, only because Starr played in the era where the qb was a true field general, there was no play calling from the sidelines by coaches the qb did that on the field.

Now I would put them as even 1a and 1b(Packer qb's), Brett just keeps going and when you think there is nothing else he can do he proves you wrong.

All time NFL qb, not yet but BF is heading that way, top 5 for sure.

Dingus, I am sorry you are "sick of hearing about BF", you might want to start listening a little closer, BF is the last true "warrior" playing qb in the NFL. Whatever it takes to try and get a win for his team he will do.
Oh and most of the time he is having fun doing it!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline IronMan  
#37 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 6:49:07 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 98

Now, we all know the gritty details of the entire story so I won't go into that.

No we don't.

The Jets can have our sloppy seconds...

They are enjoying our "sloppy seconds"
Offline zombieslayer  
#38 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 12:12:23 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

The Packers did have a guy named Starr in the 60's who was pretty good. Of course he had Jimmy Taylor and Paul Hornung with him in the backfield along with many more HOF players.

I used to put Bart Starr ahead of BF, 5 championships in 7 or 8 years, only because Starr played in the era where the qb was a true field general, there was no play calling from the sidelines by coaches the qb did that on the field.

Now I would put them as even 1a and 1b(Packer qb's), Brett just keeps going and when you think there is nothing else he can do he proves you wrong.

All time NFL qb, not yet but BF is heading that way, top 5 for sure.

Dingus, I am sorry you are "sick of hearing about BF", you might want to start listening a little closer, BF is the last true "warrior" playing qb in the NFL. Whatever it takes to try and get a win for his team he will do.
Oh and most of the time he is having fun doing it!!!

Buckeye - I told Cheesey that I envy people who are 10 years older than I. I missed the Lombardi era and only started watching the Pack in the mid-70s.

I try not to form opinions if I don't have enough info, thus I'm only saying '75 on. Would have loved to see Starr light it up.

Completely agreed that BF is the last true "warrior" QB. He fights, fights, and fights some more until the clock is dead.

Commentators were bitching about that last touchdown being uncalled for. Oh come on, grow a pair. That was fun. The Cows did it to us, but they couldn't complete the pass. Tony Romo is no BF .
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline GBPackerFan4Life  
#39 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 1:36:33 PM(UTC)
GBPackerFan4Life

Ah, Rivers has 10. Not to mention a few teams had a bye week...and Brees has the most completions and ypg...and Rodgers has less total interceptions.
blank
Offline Gravedigga  
#40 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:13:38 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Ah, Rivers has 10. Not to mention a few teams had a bye week...and Brees has the most completions and ypg...and Rodgers has less total interceptions.

Rodgers has been in his offense for 3-4 years. Favre has been with the Jets for less than a month of pre season where most of his time has been spent learning a new system & terminology because the Packers tried to sabotage his career and he STILL is the best in the league.

Put that on your plate, play with it, put it in your mouth, chew it and swallow it for your pre game meal when you watch Matt Flynn lead the team out the tunnel next week.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:24:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Rodgers has been in his offense for 3-4 years. Favre has been with the Jets for less than a month of pre season where most of his time has been spent learning a new system & terminology because the Packers tried to sabotage his career and he STILL is the best in the league. Put it on your plate, play with it, put it in your mouth, chew it and swallow it for your pre game meal when you watch Matt Flynn lead the team out the tunnel.

He's been on the bench for three years. WATCHING Brett play his 14th, 15th and 16th seasons.

Gosh not being a 100% asshole to comments like this is a helluva challenge for me.

Brett has played what, 16 full seasons?
Aaron has played in what, 10 games, four of them full?

And you're going to use that to compare them?

OMG Aaron has sat on the bench for three years and OMG Brett played in HUNDREDS of games.

Dude, LEARN something about football. A route is a ROUTE no matter what you label it as. Brett is an extremely talented QB, probably the best to ever play if you ask me. To compare him with Aaron Rodgers ... c'mon be smarter than that.

This constant comparing Brett with Aaron just makes Packers fans look idiotic. Brett is a freaking ICON people, he's a JET, get over it and move forward.

Most --- if not all Packers fans miss having Brett as their QB, but its not right to piss on Aaron because he IS NOT Brett Favre, there is ONE and only ONE Brett Favre. Is this really that difficult to grasp?

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#42 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:39:46 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

My beef is hating one of the 2 to make the other one look better. Is there something wrong with rooting for both of them to succeed?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline IronMan  
#43 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:43:22 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 98

My beef is hating one of the 2 to make the other one look better. Is there something wrong with rooting for both of them to succeed?

I root for both as well.
Offline Melt74  
#44 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:52:30 PM(UTC)
Melt74

+1

&lt;--Longtime lurker here who is pretty appalled at the way some fans are handling the QB change. I just thought I'd quote ZS instead of typing up 4 paragraphs myself that could be summed up with his statement.
blank
Offline WhiskeySam  
#45 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:54:32 PM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Rodgers has been in his offense for 3-4 years. Favre has been with the Jets for less than a month of pre season where most of his time has been spent learning a new system & terminology because the Packers tried to sabotage his career and he STILL is the best in the league. Put it on your plate, play with it, put it in your mouth, chew it and swallow it for your pre game meal when you watch Matt Flynn lead the team out the tunnel.

He's been on the bench for three years. WATCHING Brett play his 14th, 15th and 16th seasons.

Gosh not being a 100% asshole to comments like this is a helluva challenge for me.

Brett has played what, 16 full seasons?
Aaron has played in what, 10 games, four of them full?

And you're going to use that to compare them?

OMG Aaron has sat on the bench for three years and OMG Brett played in HUNDREDS of games.

Dude, LEARN something about football. A route is a ROUTE no matter what you label it as. Brett is an extremely talented QB, probably the best to ever play if you ask me. To compare him with Aaron Rodgers ... c'mon be smarter than that.

This constant comparing Brett with Aaron just makes Packers fans look idiotic. Brett is a freaking ICON people, he's a JET, get over it and move forward.

Most --- if not all Packers fans miss having Brett as their QB, but its not right to piss on Aaron because he IS NOT Brett Favre, there is ONE and only ONE Brett Favre. Is this really that difficult to grasp?

This comparison was inevitable the moment t.t. decided to go with Aaron Rodgers over BF , and it won't go away unless we go deep in the playoffs because the expectation was for this team to be a contender had Favre been QB.

And I feel dirty for having broken down and used the heads.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#46 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:55:13 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

I sure as hell hope not, because that's what I'm doing. I want Brett to win in NYC and cement his legacy as THE best QB to have ever stepped on a football field, and I want Aaron to win in Green Bay, seeing as how he's our QB now.

And I don't see any conflict there.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#47 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 4:03:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

I sure as hell hope not, because that's what I'm doing. I want Brett to win in NYC and cement his legacy as THE best QB to have ever stepped on a football field, and I want Aaron to win in Green Bay, seeing as how he's our QB now.

And I don't see any conflict there.

Awesome. That's exactly what I want for BF too. I said last year he's the 2nd best QB in the NFL, this year, he has a legitimate shot to end 2008 as the best active QB in the NFL at the age of 39. How insane would that be?

And of course, I want Aaron Rodgers to get 14 wins and go on to win the SB. Why 14? Well, we lost 2 already. :lol:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#48 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 5:23:56 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Ahhh to be 10 years younger, just think 2o years from now you might be able to tell someone younger than you about this kid Aaron Rodgers who took over for a legend and held his own and made his own path in Packer History, I sure hope you get that chance.

Supporting Aaron Rodgers doesn't mean you have to not support BF, and vice versa.

Those of you who think you have to hate on BF, remember the better he does this year the better it is for The Green Bay Packers.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#49 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 6:58:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Yes, TED made ALL of the decisions regarding Favre. McCarthy and Favre had NOTHING to do with it once so ever.

I must have special access to reading material or something.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed