Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#76 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:08:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,093
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I don't care that he's not great. The best thing about Burnett is he's incredibly consistent. He doesn't go out there and blow people up or make heroic interceptions but he is always in the right place at the right time and usually doesn't miss tackles and doesn't get beat often. That consistency was desperately missing today and he's one guy that could have made a huge difference.

I agree. But still, a good consistent safety plus a below average safety ends up in safety play that leaves a lot to be desired. Even with Burnett, safety is going to be a weakness for the Packers. Both McMillan and Jennings looked horrible tonight.
Online Wade  
#77 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:09:38 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
What game were you watching? Take away that gift of touchdown by fumbling deep in our own end, and Finley's butterfingers for a pick at the 50, and we win this game. The run D was really good.

Run D was great.

Pass D sucked. Matthews was usual self (and even he had one boneheaded play). Outside DB coverage was average to below average. LB coverage was....was there LB coverage? Safety coverage was ....was there safety coverage?

Run defense: A-
Pass defense (Matthews): B+ (reduction for the stupid hit).
Pass defense (everyone else): F.

Pass offense: B
Run offense: D+

Coaching: B

Liked the way McCarthy stuck with the run. Don't know if it is playcalling or Rodgers, but still seems to be honing in on one or two targets (Nelson, Finley) and on long passes without short options.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline mi_keys  
#78 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:12:47 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

Gutted. We can beat these guys. So frustrated right now. I'm so fucking sick of Harbaugh.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline steveishere  
#79 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:18:43 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I really wanted to give the D some credit for playing down 2 important players and being put in a couple bad situations with the turnovers but I just can't. They've given up 1100 yards in their last 2 games (that's just insane). They didn't even come close to forcing a turnover and they came up small in the clutch. I'm really starting to think it was a mistake to keep Capers after last year. I think this team has a lot of talent on D overall and even if a couple areas are lacking I really just can't convince myself that they've been playing up to their potential. I think they should be performing a lot better than what they have been.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
DakotaT on 9/8/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/8/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#80 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:23:32 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I really wanted to give the D some credit for playing down 2 important players and being put in a couple bad situations with the turnovers but I just can't. They've given up 1100 yards in their last 2 games (that's just insane). They didn't even come close to forcing a turnover and they came up small in the clutch. I'm really starting to think it was a mistake to keep Capers after last year. I think this team has a lot of talent on D overall and even if a couple areas are lacking I really just can't convince myself that they've been playing up to their potential. I think they should be performing a lot better than what they have been.

There's no question in my mind that there are other defensive coordinators that could get more out of this defense. Perhaps others could be worse, but some would have to be better, imo.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#81 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:26:27 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
The middle of the field is still a work in progress on D. I think we stay competitive in this one longer than the playoff game but see them beating us in the end. I think this game will provide a good jump start even with a loss because I believe players will step up and show they are for real. I don't predict a large loss. 4 points SF 28 GB 24

Wasn't too far off actually. Boldin had his way with us today. Any one else see us run a read option play? That was gnarly.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline nerdmann  
#82 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:59:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Wasn't too far off actually. Boldin had his way with us today. Any one else see us run a read option play? That was gnarly.

Boldin was uncovered most of the day. Still, the offense fared worse.

40:20 time of possession? If we split time of possession, Kaepernick only throws for what, 264 yards?

2 turnovers and FIVE 3 and outs? Please. Don't blame the defense.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline porky88  
#83 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:07:57 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

The Packers played well. So did the 49ers. They won this round.

Is there a tougher game on the schedule this season? I don’t see one. If this is the best the NFL has to offer, then Green Bay proved they could go toe to toe with the best team while on the road.

I know losing stings, but San Francisco dominated the Packers in both games last season. I saw vast improvements. Eddie Lacy played better as the game went on. The passing game was in rhythm. The front seven played well and everyone knew their assignments. The defensive line, which many worry about, won the battle at the line of scrimmage. That’s saying something, as San Francisco’s offensive line is as good as it gets.

The big weakness was in the secondary. Tramon Williams was awful, though he’s been this way for two seasons now, so I don’t find it surprising. I think the Niners did a good job designing routes to get the Packers to bite on underneath routes and open up holes in the zone for Boldin to exploit. Vernon Davis had success in the middle of the defense, which is the result of Morgan Burnett missing the game. This is a byproduct of not drafting a safety.

Despite any criticisms, the positives outweigh the negatives. I’m not sure I saw two better NFC teams play all day. The key is going to be how they respond next week. Did they put all their effort into this game and are they due for a letdown, as a result? Let’s hope not because they’ll blow Washington out if they play this well next week.

Message modified by user Monday, September 9, 2013 2:06:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 9/8/2013(UTC), sschind on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#84 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:11:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
The Packers played well. So did the 49ers. They won this round.

Is there a tougher game on the schedule this season? I don’t see one. If this is the best the NFL has to offer, then Green Bay proved they could go toe to toe with the best team while on the road.

I know losing stings, but San Francisco dominated the Packers in both games last season. I saw vast improvements. Eddie Lacy played better as the game went on. The passing game was in rhythm. The front seven played well and everyone knew their assignments. The defensive line, which many worry about, won the battle at the line of scrimmage. That’s saying something, as San Francisco’s offensive line is as good as it gets.

The big weakness was in the secondary. Tramon Williams was awful, though he’s been this way for two seasons now, so I don’t find it surprising. I think the Niners did a good job designing routes to get the Packers to bite on underneath routes and open up holes in the zone for Boldin to exploit. Vernon Davis had success in the middle of the defense, which is the result of Morgan Burnett missing the game. This is a byproduct of not drafting a safety.

Despite any criticisms, the positives outweigh the negatives. I’m not sure I saw two better NFC teams play all day. The key is going to be how they respond next week. Did they put all their effort into this game and are they due for a letdown, as a result? Let’s hope not, but they’ll blow Washington out if they play this well next week.

I'm not disappointed in this game at all.

It was pretty much EXACTLY what I expected. I just wish I could expect the Packers to show up for 60 on a regular basis.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#85 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:53:22 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

I don't know......I lost count of all the times the 49er receivers were WIDE open.
Yes, they stopped Kapernick from running for 200 yards, but let him throw for over 400.

And in the end, it's still a loss.

A defense that has to stop the other team to give our O a chance, and they couldn't do it.

Yes, it's "only" one game, but we still should have been better prepared against the niners O.

And Finley had some good plays, but the ball he batted to the niners.....just plain bad.
Lacy looked ok, except for putting the ball on the ground.

Those 2 plays ended up being huge in this game.
And CM3.....had his head up his butt on the hit on Kapernick out of bounds. Can't have that lack of discipline if you are supposed to be a team leader.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#86 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:57:13 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
What game were you watching? Take away that gift of touchdown by fumbling deep in our own end, and Finley's butterfingers for a pick at the 50, and we win this game. The run D was really good.

Run D was good.....but hey, that's good enough, you don't have to have a pass D, do you???

I mean, Kapernick only threw for over 400 yards.

And the D, when it had a chance to get the ball back for the offense to give a realistic chance to win, it stopped the 49ers on 4th down. Oh.....wait......they didn't stop them.

What game were YOU watching?
I was watching the Packers game.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#87 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:34:10 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I don't know......I lost count of all the times the 49er receivers were WIDE open.
Yes, they stopped Kapernick from running for 200 yards, but let him throw for over 400.

And in the end, it's still a loss.

A defense that has to stop the other team to give our O a chance, and they couldn't do it.

Yes, it's "only" one game, but we still should have been better prepared against the niners O.

And Finley had some good plays, but the ball he batted to the niners.....just plain bad.
Lacy looked ok, except for putting the ball on the ground.

Those 2 plays ended up being huge in this game.
And CM3.....had his head up his butt on the hit on Kapernick out of bounds. Can't have that lack of discipline if you are supposed to be a team leader.

If we're not all on this "no huddle offense" bullshit, there's no way the Niners get that many plays. There's no way they get that many snaps, and there's NO WAY they get that many yards.

Or points.

Burn some clock, bitches.
Online Wade  
#88 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:52:18 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Boldin was uncovered most of the day. Still, the offense fared worse.

40:20 time of possession? If we split time of possession, Kaepernick only throws for what, 264 yards?

2 turnovers and FIVE 3 and outs? Please. Don't blame the defense.

Cop out. Yeah, the offense played badly. But part of the reason why those three and outs did the damage they did over the course of the game is that the defense didn't do its job against the pass for the early part of the game. When SF was making GBs offense go 3 & out, was GBs defense doing the same thing? Not hardly.

Kaepernick didn't get his 400 yards in the last quarter. He got it over the whole game.

The defensive play meant that the offense was playing from behind the whole game. And the one time the offensive found a way to take the lead, the defense did .... nothing.

The offense didn't leave the middle of the field open time after time after time.

They won despite their running game sucking as much as our running game sucked.

This was an across-the-board loss. Their defense beat our offense. And their offense beat our defense. Their special teams beat our special teams.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline steveishere  
#89 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:08:10 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

If we're not all on this "no huddle offense" bullsh!t, there's no way the Niners get that many plays. There's no way they get that many snaps, and there's NO WAY they get that many yards.

Or points.

Just because they weren't huddling doesn't mean they used less time to get a play off than if they had huddled. Rodgers still ran the play clock down to < 5 seconds pretty much every time. Though maybe I'm wrong and the refs give you a 50 second play clock if you group up before the play lol.
Online buckeyepackfan  
#90 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:04:35 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

I love you man.l

What, you think I was fu34king joking?

Put me on ignore, I don't want your conspiracy theory negative asshole attitude showing up on anything I post.

Every damn thread you have to input your same old bullshit anilization.

You have nothing new to contribute, you just hang around waiting for something bad to happen so you can bitch.

I'm done with it, the instructions are real easy, USE IT!!!!

Damn it must be depressing being you!!

edit:
when a team is forced to play rookies, especially late round and udfa's, mistakes are going to happen.

I hope Hyde can recover from Sunday's game, he was lost out there, I'm not blaming him, this is the ultimate team game, when 1 guy gets confused and doesn't know his assignments, it reflects on the whole unit.

Hyde wasn't ready, McMillian is pretty much in the same boat, hopefully they have short memories and can move on.

I've seen to many rookies get thrown to the wolves only to never achieve their full potential because of very weak innitial showings.

Message modified by user Monday, September 9, 2013 2:21:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline mi_keys  
#91 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:13:44 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

If we're not all on this "no huddle offense" bullsh!t, there's no way the Niners get that many plays. There's no way they get that many snaps, and there's NO WAY they get that many yards.

Or points.

Or we could not let San Fran convert 4 third downs in a single drive. Then maybe our offense isn't sitting on the sidelines for 8 minute stretches, getting out of rhythm and allowing the opposing defense to rest.

It goes two ways. Something you don't seem to grasp.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline nerdmann  
#92 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:15:30 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Or we could not let San Fran convert 4 third downs in a single drive. Then maybe our offense isn't sitting on the sidelines for 8 minute stretches, getting out of rhythm and allowing the opposing defense to rest.

It goes two ways. Something you don't seem to grasp.

I said multiple times that they should actually cover Boldin. But that's not something that happens every game. Avoiding time of possession is Mike's offensive philosophy. Until that changes, this team will continue to shit itself, as it does every year.
Offline DoddPower  
#93 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:42:24 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

I said multiple times that they should actually cover Boldin. But that's not something that happens every game. Avoiding time of possession is Mike's offensive philosophy. Until that changes, this team will continue to sh!t itself, as it does every year.

lol, is that a fact, eh? Mike McCarthy's "offensive philosophy" is to score. It's as simple as that.
Offline nerdmann  
#94 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 3:36:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
lol, is that a fact, eh? Mike McCarthy's "offensive philosophy" is to score. It's as simple as that.

It's certainly not to limit Kaepernick's chances. 40 minutes of game time.
Offline DoddPower  
#95 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 4:26:00 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

It's certainly not to limit Kaepernick's chances. 40 minutes of game time.

It's the offenses job to score touchdowns. It's the defenses job to stop the opposing team from scoring touchdowns. Beyond that, they should be held responsible for their respective areas: the offense for not scoring enough touchdowns and the defense for not stopping them from scoring enough.
Rss Feed