Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online mi_keys  
#91 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:13:44 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 256
Applause Received: 394
Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If we're not all on this "no huddle offense" bullsh!t, there's no way the Niners get that many plays. There's no way they get that many snaps, and there's NO WAY they get that many yards.

Or points.

Burn some clock, bitches.


Or we could not let San Fran convert 4 third downs in a single drive. Then maybe our offense isn't sitting on the sidelines for 8 minute stretches, getting out of rhythm and allowing the opposing defense to rest.

It goes two ways. Something you don't seem to grasp.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline nerdmann  
#92 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:15:30 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,084
Applause Received: 756
Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Or we could not let San Fran convert 4 third downs in a single drive. Then maybe our offense isn't sitting on the sidelines for 8 minute stretches, getting out of rhythm and allowing the opposing defense to rest.

It goes two ways. Something you don't seem to grasp.


I said multiple times that they should actually cover Boldin. But that's not something that happens every game. Avoiding time of possession is Mike's offensive philosophy. Until that changes, this team will continue to shit itself, as it does every year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#93 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:42:24 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

Rank: Veteran Member
United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA
Applause Given: 2,260
Applause Received: 574
Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I said multiple times that they should actually cover Boldin. But that's not something that happens every game. Avoiding time of possession is Mike's offensive philosophy. Until that changes, this team will continue to sh!t itself, as it does every year.



lol, is that a fact, eh? Mike McCarthy's "offensive philosophy" is to score. It's as simple as that.
Offline nerdmann  
#94 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 3:36:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,084
Applause Received: 756
Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
lol, is that a fact, eh? Mike McCarthy's "offensive philosophy" is to score. It's as simple as that.


It's certainly not to limit Kaepernick's chances. 40 minutes of game time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#95 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 4:26:00 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

Rank: Veteran Member
United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA
Applause Given: 2,260
Applause Received: 574
Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
It's certainly not to limit Kaepernick's chances. 40 minutes of game time.


It's the offenses job to score touchdowns. It's the defenses job to stop the opposing team from scoring touchdowns. Beyond that, they should be held responsible for their respective areas: the offense for not scoring enough touchdowns and the defense for not stopping them from scoring enough.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<567
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / shield4life

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / shield4life

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / QCHuskerFan

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

5-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Grabacr

4-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind


Tweeter