Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:34:43 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 489
There's a lot of truth to the idea that the Packers defense stunk that day, and it needed some criticism from within. However, Kaepernick seemed damn good - a significant level above Griffin, Wilson, etc. in terms of speed and durability, while being at least as good a passer. We need to stop him first, before putting him down.
Offline Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:40:21 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Applause Given: 234
Applause Received: 367
That doesn't come like a big surprise when you're letting a QB run over you for the single-game QB rushing record.

You'd like to think that that's a point where a player like Woodson comes in and settles things down, though. Might've factored in in not taking him back. When you're on the decline like he is, your leadership skills, intangibles and savvyness get you through the game.

Although it's very bad, I don't you can read that much into it. When you have a defense with one of the best OLBs, a future HoF DB and a lot of guys who where with us when we had one of the better defenses for a short period of time not too long ago, coupled with a complete trashing after a 11-4 regular season, which came a year after the beatdown against the Giants after a 15-1 season, there's really all too much reason to get frustrated.

Might not be the best way to handle it, but it's at least somewhat understandable.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:23:48 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 301
Applause Received: 604
While I totally expect that, to be so glib about it kind of smacks of arrogance. Keep it in house. Other position groups can be a little more vocal about this stuff but usually QBs have to maintain more composure discussing things like this, but then again, his coach certainly doesn't so why should he. Starts at the top and that coach leads by an example of being loud and brash... about everything.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/24/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:24:05 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,184
Applause Received: 872
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
That doesn't come like a big surprise when you're letting a QB run over you for the single-game QB rushing record.

You'd like to think that that's a point where a player like Woodson comes in and settles things down, though. Might've factored in in not taking him back. When you're on the decline like he is, your leadership skills, intangibles and savvyness get you through the game.

Although it's very bad, I don't you can read that much into it. When you have a defense with one of the best OLBs, a future HoF DB and a lot of guys who where with us when we had one of the better defenses for a short period of time not too long ago, coupled with a complete trashing after a 11-4 regular season, which came a year after the beatdown against the Giants after a 15-1 season, there's really all too much reason to get frustrated.

Might not be the best way to handle it, but it's at least somewhat understandable.

The Packers defense could use more leadership, for sure.

Offline dhpackr  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:30:12 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
The Packers defense could use more leadership, for sure.

I don't get why didn't capers change the scheme and put a spy on Kaepernick in the second half.? Weran the same scheme the entire game, and it was not working.

Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:45:08 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,184
Applause Received: 872
dhpackr said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't get why didn't capers change the scheme and put a spy on Kaepernick in the second half.? Weran the same scheme the entire game, and it was not working.

I don't know, I've read that Dom Capers tried everything at his disposal. That does seem hard to believe, but it's probably true. It was just a combination of poor preparation, coaching, and a relative lack of talent on defense. I would have to think that a good defensive coordinator could have at least contained their offense a little better, and we saw that at times throughout the rest of the playoffs. The Baltimore defense was more talented, but were they truly THAT much more talented than the Packers, especially after losing Ngata? If nothing else, they were as slow, or slower, than the Packers defense. They were undoubtedly tougher and had better leadership, though, so maybe that made all the difference. Although, the 49'ers did seem to move the ball on offense very well in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.
Offline dhpackr  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:04:55 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

since we lost nick collins, not sure who the qb for the defense is?
Offline steveishere  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:21:56 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,473
I don't know, I've read that Dom Capers tried everything at his disposal. That does seem hard to believe, but it's probably true. It was just a combination of poor preparation, coaching, and a relative lack of talent on defense. I would have to think that a good defensive coordinator could have at least contained their offense a little better, and we saw that at times throughout the rest of the playoffs. The Baltimore defense was more talented, but were they truly THAT much more talented than the Packers, especially after losing Ngata? If nothing else, they were as slow, or slower, than the Packers defense. They were undoubtedly tougher and had better leadership, though, so maybe that made all the difference. Although, the 49'ers did seem to move the ball on offense very well in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.

I would have to thin that a good defensive coordinator wouldn't have been that horribly unprepared for a playoff game to begin with.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/24/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:29:30 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 301
Applause Received: 604
With Kap and even Rodgers, keeping contain is CRITICAL. We didn't do that.
Offline blueleopard  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:03:32 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 145
We did have a spy on Kaepernick.

Unfortunately it was Erik Walden.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 7/24/2013(UTC), Laser Gunns on 7/27/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed