Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:52:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,892
Applause Received: 2,089

Anyone have any information on how the two drafted running backs fared during the first two days of training camp?
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline DoddPower  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:44:08 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,963
Applause Received: 471

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any information on how the two drafted running backs fared during the first two days of training camp?

Apparently Starks and Green looked to be the more polished running backs, but both Lacy and Franklin displayed flashes of great talent. Starks is looking pretty damn good at the moment, as is Green. Could make the RB battle VERY interesting throughout training camp.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/27/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:40:54 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Apparently Starks and Green looked to be the more polished running backs, but both Lacy and Franklin displayed flashes of great talent. Starks is looking pretty damn good at the moment, as is Green. Could make the RB battle VERY interesting throughout training camp.

No offense to you Dodd but doesn't everyone look good in camp? All I really want to hear form the coaches after practice is "no one got hurt" otherwise everyone is having a strong camp. Every year it the same thing around the league. A half a dozen no names are turning heads and when it is all said and done they are still no names except they are out of a job.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:00:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,493
Applause Received: 624

Pads come on tomorrow, but both have shown "burst" and receiving ability.

Haven't heard where they are vis a vis pass pro.

Alex Green has been lining up as the starter.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online steveishere  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:15:16 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 915

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
No offense to you Dodd but doesn't everyone look good in camp? All I really want to hear form the coaches after practice is "no one got hurt" otherwise everyone is having a strong camp. Every year it the same thing around the league. A half a dozen no names are turning heads and when it is all said and done they are still no names except they are out of a job.

Not always. Starks reports last year at this time were terrible. He was getting yelled at by coaches like every day and fumbling and missing assignments.
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:53:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,493
Applause Received: 624

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Not always. Starks reports last year at this time were terrible. He was getting yelled at by coaches like every day and fumbling and missing assignments.

Starks lined up as the starter today.

Looks like they're using Franklin as the PR.

ACME

Quote:
Terrell Manning was noticed on a blitz from the inside today. TS commented that it "looked like he was shot out of a cannon." The Packers will need some help in the pass rush from Manning, since that is an area of A.J. Hawk's and Brad Jones' games that is not a strength.

In punt drills, Franklin took a large number of the returns, including every one in the final special teams period with no drops (MV).

The no-huddle drill to end practice was dominated early by the defense, with Johnny Jolly and McMillian putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers. He eventually found Jarrett Boykin for a touchdown though to finish practice.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline brandland  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 10:53:03 PM(UTC)
brandland

United States

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 11

have a feeling tomorrow will be their day with the pads on. lacy is more comfortable in the pads
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:16:25 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 336

Well to be more specific than "RB X looks great!", Green had a good run with him making a couple of cuts and then accelerating to the outside. Says to me that his knee is better and he's trusting it.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:27:19 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 100

guess we'll see a lot of different backs in preseason tearing it up ... wonder if starks makes a comeback (liked him in our SB run - but then again was tired of seeing grant liked starks different style).
Offline sschind  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:56:00 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, you are right, its not always positive. It seems like the vast majority of reports are though so I take them with a grain of salt. I guess with so many positive reports though it does seem to make the negative ones all that much more accurate. I mean if they are going to take the time to put a positive spin on so many players when they do say bad things about one they must really be bad.

A lot of it depends on who is making the report also. It seems that coaches and players (commenting on other players) have a tendency to give higher marks than the media.

Also, the reports like "so and so had a good run or a good catch or a nice interception..." or what ever don't mean too much to me. You know what they say about blind squirrels and nuts. Even the worst NFL players could put together a nice highlight reel if you looked at enough film.

I guess I don't put as much stock in TC as a lot of fans. The players need it to get ready but all it does for me is get my hopes up. Other than the indication that once camp starts the real thing is getting close and injury reports I don't really pay that much attention.

Its the same thing with pre-seaon games. In the 4th quarter of game two when the 8th wr on the team makes a good catch or the 12th DL makes a sack it's hard for me to get excited about it. Well, I get excited about the play and what it does for the team but I don't get too excited about the player. He's most likely gone anyway.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:39:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

According to Mr. Ketchup the Packers RB's are standing out. You can check out the video here - link. And James Starks is looking more natural catching the ball.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:25:44 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

According to Mr. Ketchup the Packers RB's are standing out. You can check out the video here - link. And James Starks is looking more natural catching the ball.

I liked the announcers analyst. His description of Francklin's speed was encouraging, and his observation of Stark's ability to catch the ball showed James plans on contributing in the passing game as well.

I am concerned with the back up qb position in GB. Maybe a veteran could be signed b/f regular season begins.

IMO, if GB has to go to a back-up QB in a game where its close or we are behind, we are not going to win...
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:34:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: dhpackr Go to Quoted Post
I liked the announcers analyst. His description of Francklin's speed was encouraging, and his observation of Stark's ability to catch the ball showed James plans on contributing in the passing game as well.

I am concerned with the back up qb position in GB. Maybe a veteran could be signed b/f regular season begins.

IMO, if GB has to go to a back-up QB in a game where its close or we are behind, we are not going to win...

I think James Starks was always "ok" catching the ball, I think his slight is pass protection.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:52:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Eddie Lacy just dodged a bullet. He was asked "Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson" ...
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:15:58 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 411

Eddie Lacy just dodged a bullet. He was asked "Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson" ...

He DID get the answer right!!!

The Rb's are definitely impressing early, this trend continues and I could see The Packers only keeping 5 wr's and 3 TE's on the 53 to make room for more rb's.

Especially if , and I hate it, the rb's contribute on special teams.

Past injuries to rb's on ST plays cause nightmares!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 7/28/2013(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 7/29/2013(UTC)