Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:39:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

According to Mr. Ketchup the Packers RB's are standing out. You can check out the video here - link. And James Starks is looking more natural catching the ball.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:25:44 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
According to Mr. Ketchup the Packers RB's are standing out. You can check out the video here - link. And James Starks is looking more natural catching the ball.

I liked the announcers analyst. His description of Francklin's speed was encouraging, and his observation of Stark's ability to catch the ball showed James plans on contributing in the passing game as well.

I am concerned with the back up qb position in GB. Maybe a veteran could be signed b/f regular season begins.

IMO, if GB has to go to a back-up QB in a game where its close or we are behind, we are not going to win...
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:34:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: dhpackr Go to Quoted Post
I liked the announcers analyst. His description of Francklin's speed was encouraging, and his observation of Stark's ability to catch the ball showed James plans on contributing in the passing game as well.

I am concerned with the back up qb position in GB. Maybe a veteran could be signed b/f regular season begins.

IMO, if GB has to go to a back-up QB in a game where its close or we are behind, we are not going to win...

I think James Starks was always "ok" catching the ball, I think his slight is pass protection.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:52:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Eddie Lacy just dodged a bullet. He was asked "Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson" ...

UserPostedImage
Online buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:15:58 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Eddie Lacy just dodged a bullet. He was asked "Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson" ...

He DID get the answer right!!!

The Rb's are definitely impressing early, this trend continues and I could see The Packers only keeping 5 wr's and 3 TE's on the 53 to make room for more rb's.

Especially if , and I hate it, the rb's contribute on special teams.

Past injuries to rb's on ST plays cause nightmares!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 7/28/2013(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 7/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:19:50 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 103

just watched all the recent vids ... lacey seems to think he's going to shine once the pads come on ...

So be interesting to see how he does compared to the other guys once they do and especially in the preseason games ... be fun to watch the running plays this preseason
Offline steveishere  
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:05:09 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

One thing that is for sure is that this preseason will be more fun to watch than last preseason which was just watching Harrell get assaulted and Marc Tyler run for 2 yards most of the game.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 7/28/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 7/28/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:28:50 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Sounded like Starks and Franklin caught the majority of the attention today but I know it will be a great competition every padded practice and pre-season game. The depth at this position is crazy awesome. My favorite battle to watch in pre-season along with the DLINE and OLBs.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Yerko  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 10:09:59 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

I enjoy hearing that all four RBs are doing well in camp and I only hope it continues as we get into preseason games. If all four RBs are still performing well, it will be very interesting to see what the Packers do out of the backfield because let's not forget, Randall Cobb is also still taking snaps from the position as well (so far). It will also be interesting to see the fate of DuJuan Harris if these guys continue to play well.

Side note, and maybe I am overreacting...does anyone think Lacy looks a bit fat? I know he has always been a "bigger" player but this recent picture of him made me do a double take. He just seems a bit larger than usual. Probably will be shed throughout camp and preseason...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 10:33:49 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 103

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
I enjoy hearing that all four RBs are doing well in camp and I only hope it continues as we get into preseason games. If all four RBs are still performing well, it will be very interesting to see what the Packers do out of the backfield because let's not forget, Randall Cobb is also still taking snaps from the position as well (so far). It will also be interesting to see the fate of DuJuan Harris if these guys continue to play well.

Side note, and maybe I am overreacting...does anyone think Lacy looks a bit fat? I know he has always been a "bigger" player but this recent picture of him made me do a double take. He just seems a bit larger than usual. Probably will be shed throughout camp and preseason...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

damn that picture there does make him look fat - seriously he better not be that fat he's going to lose out on a starting job if he doesn't take this job seriously ... he was my fav pick this season also ...

Rss Feed