Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:35:35 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,238
Applause Received: 1,557

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
We can eliminate Packers News feed if necessary.

It is better now. I thought you made some adjustment. All the extra story links were not there the last time I posted.
UserPostedImage
Offline Laser Gunns  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

I say it required a separate log in because when I click on the news link, it says I need to sign in.

And as I am typing this, I am obviously still signed in Big Grin

Make sense what I am saying?

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:51:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
I say it required a separate log in because when I click on the news link, it says I need to sign in.

RR the news feed hates you because it knows you love MBD. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 7/31/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:54:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,285

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post

That is odd. I see you're using an iPad. I wonder if that's the issue? That would be very strange. On my Galaxy S4 it works fine.

If you can keep playing with it that would be great. Also, when you click the 'news' page, do you see that you're logged in on the upper right corner?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:57:42 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

That is odd. I see you're using an iPad. I wonder if that's the issue? That would be very strange. On my Galaxy S4 it works fine.

If you can keep playing with it that would be great. Also, when you click the 'news' page, do you see that you're logged in on the upper right corner?

That is what happened yesterday to me.. until I signed in under the news tab.. then via a cookie it kept it.

It is almost like the code isn't carrying over the user information to that page; like it is clearing the user someplace in the code.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:34:09 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

This feature is frickin awesome! Everyone, use it!! C'mon! I'm excited to see everyone use it!

You have ONE spot to check for EVERYTHING Packers! How can you not be so excited that you pee your panties?

I already had one spot to check for everything Packers.

It's called PackersHome.

(shrug)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:28:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Thanks Wade and its because of that kind of dedication we continue to develop new features and new ideas, because we want you to stay.

Speaking of new ideas ... we have made a few changes/improvements to the "news" page. Check it out!

http://packershome.com/Latest.aspx
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:32:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Thanks Wade and its because of that kind of dedication we continue to develop new features and new ideas, because we want you to stay.

Speaking of new ideas ... we have made a few changes/improvements to the "news" page. Check it out!

http://packershome.com/Latest.aspx

nice
UserPostedImage
Offline Laser Gunns  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:03:51 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Hmm

So when I click the newsfeed button, it opens as a new tab where I am not signed in, but in this original tab (that I am typing), I remain signed in.

BUT

If I open any other link, the "forum" link for example into a new tab, I am signed in on BOTH tabs.

AND

Because I love this site sooo much, I have it bookmarked twice! in one bookmark, I am logged in always as part of a "remember me" function or something. In the other bookmark I am not, even though both are bookmarked to the same page.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:37:57 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
That is what happened yesterday to me.. until I signed in under the news tab.. then via a cookie it kept it.

It is almost like the code isn't carrying over the user information to that page; like it is clearing the user someplace in the code.

As mentioned, with the change yesterday, again I was signed out of the news tab. I stay logged in on the main forum, but logged out on the additional page. Chrome.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:41:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I think it might have something to do with having the "stay logged in" checked. I have it checked and haven't replicated that issue. I'm going to install a new browser and test some theories.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:46:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

no issues for me using firefox. I am logged in to the website and the news tab works just fine.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 7:53:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

another little tweak. instead of the full date and time, it now shows the relative time.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 4:47:39 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Don't forget to click the 'news' page for the latest packers headlines fans!

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2013 12:22:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Might be some weird errors or goofy things going on. Trying to implement an idea from Shawn where you can see how many new items are on the newsfeed since the last time you visited the site.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed