Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 3:36:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,845
Applause Received: 2,000

Quote:
Vic, do you have a sense for how the offensive line is doing? Is the right to left switch going smoothly? Is there any real competition for Evan Dietrich-Smith? Do you have a front-runner for right tackle?

vic wrote:
Bryan Bulaga is playing the best left tackle I’ve seen in the three Packers training camps I’ve covered. He’s been dominant so far in this camp. I see nothing about the flip-flop that isn’t positive.

The center job belongs to Dietrich-Smith. The issue at center is the backup job. Don Barclay has struggled with the snaps. I like what I see in Greg Van Roten.

The right tackle job is Marshall Newhouse’s to hold, but Barclay and David Bakhtiari are strong competitors for that spot.

Source: Packers.com

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline olds70supreme  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 6:48:56 PM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 35

nice update on the o-line . It's hard to tell from all the positives being said about whether or not the Lne as a whole will be better than last year with the switch. it certainly sounds good though both for starters and backup depth.
blank
Offline beast  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 8:05:29 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

I don't follow Vic enough to know... does he say anything bad about the Packers? ... isn't he paid by the Packers to cover the Packers? Just wondering...

But one interesting thing I've read is the Mike McCarthy ran more to the left last year, even with better run blockers on the right. An article explained that because it's because Mike McCarthy was trying to set up play action to the right (throwing side) for Rodgers, by play action to the left. And to get play action to the left, you need have real runs to the left first.

So to me, it only makes sense to switch put Bulaga and Sitton on the left, if that's where you going to run most often. Also Bulaga has been said to be the Packers best pass blocker.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 8/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:24:07 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

This is really good to hear!!

Looks like I may be proven wrong on Bulaga! And I'm glad!!!!
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Zero2Cool on 8/3/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:42:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

I wasn't concerned about whether or not Bulaga on Sitton could make the move to the left side. But it is still good to know that it has moved beyond the theoretical to actually being true.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 7:00:44 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

Quote:
With all the focus on the changes the Green Bay Packers made on the offensive line this offseason, when coach Mike McCarthy flip-flopped the right and left sides, it is easy to forget there’s still an open competition for one position -- right tackle.

It’s the spot formerly held by Bryan Bulaga, who along with former right guard Josh Sitton moved to the left side. Marshall Newhouse, who started the past two seasons at left tackle but was wildly inconsistent, is now at right tackle and lined up next to right guard T.J. Lang, who played left guard the past two seasons.

Got all that?

Before you put everything in ink, Newhouse still has to win the right tackle spot. While Bulaga, Sitton, Lang, and even center Evan Dietrich-Smith are entrenched at their (new) spots, Newhouse still has much to prove. After allowing 10 sacks last year in the regular season, according to STATS, plus two more in the playoffs, Newhouse ran his sacks allowed total to 24½ for 2011 and 2012 combined.

link
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:14:54 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,845
Applause Received: 2,000

This makes the loss of him that much more ... derr!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
gbguy20 on 8/29/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed