Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:38:23 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 731
Applause Received: 760
PackersNews said:
Minnesota Vikings receiver Greg Jennings has been running his mouth a lot during the offseason about his former team, the Green Bay Packers.

Oh Greg, just let it go, I've never been one to chastise a player who move on, but this is getting real ol, real fast.

Could it be Greg, that after being in Vikings camp for a month, you realize just how good you had it in Green Bay?

Try all you want to make people think you are better off in Minny, everyone knows the truth!!!!

I'm thinking this should go to NFL forum, but I'll let those who know a lot more than me decide.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:46:31 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 489
I don't know, is it BRAINWASHING if it is TRUE?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
macbob on 8/7/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:50:44 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,570
Mike Florio said:
Well, at least Vikings receiver Greg Jennings won't have to apologize to Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.  Again. This time, Jennings used a broader brush to explain the prevailing mindset in and around the only other NFL team for which he played. "When I came over here, I was kind of brainwashed,' Jennings told Paul Allen...

In GB they "brainwash" you into thinking you are the best... I guess in Viking land they teach you that all the teams in the division are equal. Maybe GB is onto something. Lol this guy cannot shut up, what a clown.
Offline DoddPower  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:55:28 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,289
Applause Received: 914
Oh my . . . is he STILL talking? I don't even really want to read what he has to say. That's playing perfectly into a diva's hand.
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:12:14 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 283
Applause Received: 139
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
In GB they "brainwash" you into thinking you are the best... I guess in Viking land they teach you that all the teams in the division are equal. Maybe GB is onto something. Lol this guy cannot shut up, what a clown.

Well with vince Lombardi and our recent SB wins it doesn't take much to have a 'We are in it to win and we have a winning attitude and team' - so he moves to MN and they are happy to have a few people in their stands let alone win some games ...

Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:20:02 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,389
Applause Received: 3,741
Greg Jennings said:
It’s like everything that you know in Green Bay is like the best, the best, the best, the best, the best. And it’s like total brainwashing. And I think you don’t open your eyes to see what other teams have to offer unless you are in that position.

I suppose teams should say "eh, we try our best but we're not the best organization even in our own division".

Mike McCarthy was spot on when he said players change when they don the purple.

I bet Jeremy will have some asine defense of this.

UserPostedImage

Edit, lol

buckethead1 says: They brainwashed him to sound like an idiot after leaving the organization…brilliant..

hahahahahah truer words never have been uttered
Offline Packerchick  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:30:26 PM(UTC)

Applause Given2: 604
Applause Received: 27
Jason Wilde said:
GREEN BAY — Just how mad must Greg Jennings be at the Green Bay Packers that he's still — even after his new boss, Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier, told him to stop — talking about his former team?

The latest salvo came Wednesday morning, when Jennings told KFAN radio in the Twin Cities that he felt "brainwashed" by the Packers during his seven seasons in Green Bay.

"When I came over here, I was kind of brainwashed. … There's no 'kind of' to it," Jennings told hosts Paul Allen and Ben Leber."Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think anyone in the division is tiers below. And so coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I'm like, 'Wow, these are really great people.'

"'It's like, everything that you know in Green Bay is like the best, the best, the best, the best, the best. And it's like total brainwashing. And I think you don't open your eyes to see what other teams have to offer unless you are in that position. I was afforded this position."

Jennings, of course, has spoken out repeatedly since joining the Vikings with his thoughts about the organization and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Even after Frazier talked to him and told him to stop talking about his former team, he delivered an odd apology to Rodgers on Friday (""I don't really recall saying anything negative about Aaron or anyone over there, but hey, I apologize") that didn't sound like it was what Frazier had in mind when he told his new wide receiver to cease and desist.

Jennings had previously told the Star Tribune, "Don't get me wrong, '12' is a great person. But when you hear all positives, all positives, all positives all the time, it's hard for you to sit down when one of your teammates says, 'Man, come on, you've got to hold yourself accountable for this.' It's hard for someone to see that now because all they've heard is I'm doing it the right way. I'm perfect. In actuality, we all have flaws."

Jennings also had told the Star Tribune, "A lot of times when you have a guy who creates that spotlight for himself and establishes that and takes a lot of that, it becomes so-and-so and the team. It should always be the team."

To that end, Jennings reiterated on Wednesday something he's also said on multiple occasions recently: That he's unselfish and team-oriented.

"I'm going to tell you this, and this is being as honest as I can be: I'm selfish to a certain extent, I'm selfish when I need to be selfish, but I am the ultimate team guy," he told Allen and Leber. "When it comes to wins and losses, I don't care what it takes. … When selfishness starts to trickle in is when you're not having success and you're not being implemented in the game plan as you need to be."
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:40:06 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,793
Applause Received: 1,315
He protesteth too much.

Nothing left in the tank.
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:59:10 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 436
Applause Received: 1,207
Quote:
"I'm going to tell you this, and this is being as honest as I can be: I'm selfish to a certain extent, I'm selfish when I need to be selfish, but I am the ultimate team guy," he told Allen and Leber. "When it comes to wins and losses, I don't care what it takes. … When selfishness starts to trickle in is when you're not having success and you're not being implemented in the game plan as you need to be."

I hate to break this to him.. but his actions so far this offseason and camp.. smacks of a guy that didn't feel he got enough attention.

Hence his need to speak now..

I keep going back to things a poster from Chico stated some time ago.. that there is a diva-ish receiver on the Packers roster just waiting to burst. I truly wonder if that was Jennings all along?
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 2:58:39 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,657
Applause Received: 1,864
meh. Greg peed his pants and now it is all Aaron and Green Bay's fault.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 8/8/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed