Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:48:22 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Micheal Rodney

Quote:
Remember this charade when Crosby inevitably loses his kicking stroke during the season and costs the Packers a W.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:35:47 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Didn't want to start a new thread, pulled this from news Story

"After Crosby’s recent run of success on the practice field – he’s been 24-of-25 over the past two days and is also 4-for-4 in preseason games – he’s got to hold the advantage. But it still doesn’t cut Tavecchio out of the equation. We all know that Crosby has seemingly been a head case the past year or so. Do the Packers take the chance he won’t revert to that level of performance or do they count on him being the kicker they have seen the past couple of days?

Tavecchio is wondering, too. But he’s got to be happy that the kicker the Packers brought in on Sunday, Zachary Ramirez, was pathetic in practice today. He converted only 6-of-16 today and has been 16-of-27 over the past two days.

In fact, throughout camp, it was Tavecchio who had the best success rate (56-of-64, 87.5 percent) during camp. Crosby, including his most recent string of success, was 67-of-81 (82.7 percent)."

Those of you who just can't wait for Crosby to "FAIL", are just gonna have to wait a little longer.

Ramirez migth have a monster leg, but doesn't look so far that he can kick under pressure.

Look at it this way, if Crosby is The Packers kicker this year and he happens to miss one, anyone who wants to can jump up and down and say "SEE I TOLD YOU SO'!!! Weeeee!! Weeeee!! Weeeee!! Weeeee!!

http://lombardiave.com/2...ckers-giovani-tavecchio/
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Online sschind  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:59:27 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 386

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme Go to Quoted Post
I was being facetious - my point was that nobody would have cared what Crosby's contract amount was if he was performing as he had earlier instead of going through an extended bad streak. I don't believe that the idea of cutting Crosby is motivated by cost savings. Instead, I believe cutting Crosby (if it happens) is motivated by performance, or lack thereof.

OK, You are right, salary doesn't mean a thing if the guy is producing.

I also agree that salary won't have an impact on the decision. It will come down to the guy who they think will be the better kicker. If they were concerned about a kicker making too much money they would not have signed him to the contract in the first place. My comments on the salary cap were simply to point out that if you had two guys that were equal on the field it would make sense to cut Crosby. I do not think that will happen now unless Crosby simply implodes.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Rss Feed