Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Firstcoast1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:25:37 PM(UTC)
I just received a call from Sam Barrington and he is OFFICIALLY the newest member of the Green Bay Packers!! Thank you all for keeping me abreast!
wpr  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:30:49 PM(UTC)
great!
buckeyepackfan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:31:46 PM(UTC)
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!

Most if not all were rooting for Sam to make it,

Congrats!!!!!!!
Gaycandybacon  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:32:24 PM(UTC)
CONGRATS TO SAM AND TO YOU TO DELIVERING THAT GREAT REFRESHING NEWS MAN!
Dulak  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:42:01 PM(UTC)
hey Grats - tell him Hi from us and we were rooting for him!

Firstcoast1  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:49:53 PM(UTC)
I was telling him how I became a member on this site so you guys could give me updates. I also told him that every person who responded to my thread were rooting for him and liked they way he played! As usual, he was appreciative and mentioned how the 'real' work now begins.

He was talking about how his heart skipped a beat every time he received a phone call. When he got the news he made the team, he called his mom who was brought to tears. He knows me, I was nearly as nervous as he was all the way up until he called me. At 15 minutes to 6 eastern time, he text me and said this has been the longest day of his life, even more than the draft!
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:51:11 PM(UTC)
Firstcoast1 said: Go to Quoted Post
I was telling him how I became a member on this site so you guys could give me updates. I also told him that every person who responded to my thread were rooting for him and liked they way he played! As usual, he was appreciative and mentioned how the 'real' work now begins.

He was talking about how his heart skipped a beat every time he received a phone call. When he got the news he made the team, he called his mom who was brought to tears. He knows me, I was nearly as nervous as he was all the way up until he called me. At 15 minutes to 6 eastern time, he text me and said this has been the longest day of his life, even more than the draft!

If he's willing, we'd like to put together a Q/A for him. If he's willing, let me know and we can get the questions together. We'll collect questions from the members and he can answer them.
wpr  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:55:01 PM(UTC)

great story. I love learning more about a guy that if he can run faster than a gazelle and bench press a Buick. The "Mom cried" is perfect.
Firstcoast1  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:25:48 PM(UTC)
Terrell Manning was just let go.
buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:29:45 PM(UTC)

Yep, we found the final 3, Manning was a little of a shocker, but as I told you in my original post.

Ted loves his Draft Picks!!!!

Sam, Palmer, Mulumba all played great and deserved to make the final 53!!!!
Firstcoast1  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:33:44 PM(UTC)
As I told Sam, it is never a good idea to come out early and go in the 5th round anyway. Last season should have been his senior year where he could have learned more and bettered his position.
wpr  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:27:10 PM(UTC)
As I told Sam, it is never a good idea to come out early and go in the 5th round anyway. Last season should have been his senior year where he could have learned more and bettered his position.

Good advice. Too many kids see $$$$ signs and come out too soon. A lot of them never recover and reach their potential. it's a shame. I wish they all had 5 years and played for 4 in college. THEN go get a job. I know there are drawbacks to that as well. Injuries cut many players careers short.
nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:17:02 PM(UTC)

Kind of a surprise, but remember. There could be some turnover on the bottom of the roster.
wpr  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:52:28 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Kind of a surprise, but remember. There could be some turnover on the bottom of the roster.

There usually is. And I like it. If they don;t the team will only grow weaker from one year to the next.
sschind  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:39:18 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!

Most if not all were rooting for Sam to make it,

Congrats!!!!!!!

I'm going to sound like an ignoramus here and I certainly don't want to insult or offend anyone but what made Barrington so special. Everyone knows Jolly's backstory and even Hyde and Banjo had articles about them but as far as I knew Barrington was just another body. Did I miss something?
DarkaneRules  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:08:47 PM(UTC)
Barrington is definitely in that Bishop mold. If he progresses as I hope he does, he will be a stud in a year or two
Wade  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:15:21 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to sound like an ignoramus here and I certainly don't want to insult or offend anyone but what made Barrington so special. Everyone knows Jolly's backstory and even Hyde and Banjo had articles about them but as far as I knew Barrington was just another body. Did I miss something?

Barrington is a friend of PackerHome's very own firstcoast1. That makes it a special story all by itself.

Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:18:27 PM(UTC)
sschind said: Go to Quoted Post

Quite simply put, he is a Green Bay Packers player. What more do you need?
DarkaneRules  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:32:37 PM(UTC)
He didn't blow anybody away to my knowledge but the game didn't look too big for him. Good player to develop. Quality back up atm
sschind  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:20:35 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
Barrington is a friend of PackerHome's very own firstcoast1. That makes it a special story all by itself.

I see. Now I understand the loveSmile

Rss Feed