You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:04:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,517
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Not to be too much of an a-hole, but this will be the Packers 8th or 9th season with Ted at the helm. Sorry, but that's a long time to wait for a good offensive line. I am going to chastise no one for being impatient there. There's only so much you can blame on Mike Sherman, "starting in cap hell," "injuries," or even James Campen. At some point, its okay to be damnably impatient as a fan.

IMO.


Because most teams have better 3rd and 4th string tackles? Because that's who we're starting right now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:16:42 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 732
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 39

for some reason im very optimistic with banjo, i think hes gonna be a sleeper, also happy jolly is back and looks like a gamer again !!
jimmy b.
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:54:51 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,970
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Hey I guess i was right and can include you in the group who's evaluation of talent "really sucks"!!!

Thankfully Ted and Mike are a lot better at it than you!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing


Add me! Christ, I've been headlining your stupid list for a couple years. But then again, who the hell are you? We're weak at inside linebacker and you'll be watching offenses attack the middle of the field all season, and since we have to keep spending all of our draft picks on O and D line because of injuries - guys like Hawk get to hang around and only be challenged by lower round picks and street free agents. You must be so happy Buckeye. I would like to watch the guy earn his paycheck for a change.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:15:49 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,189
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 332

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Add me! Christ, I've been headlining your stupid list for a couple years. But then again, who the hell are you? We're weak at inside linebacker and you'll be watching offenses attack the middle of the field all season, and since we have to keep spending all of our draft picks on O and D line because of injuries - guys like Hawk get to hang around and only be challenged by lower round picks and street free agents. You must be so happy Buckeye. I would like to watch the guy earn his paycheck for a change.


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:21:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,970
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying



Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:31:37 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,189
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 332

Back on topic.
I'm going to support ALL the players that made the final 53(and those 53 may still change).

The perfect scenario is that most of these 1st year guys don't see the field a whole lot except for special teams play.

Lacy and Jones being the exceptions.

That would mean The Packers are staying injury free and these new guys HAVE TIME TO LEARN AND DEVELOPE, instead of being thrust into the starting lineup before they are ready.

Shocker here for some of you, I think The Packers drafted AJ Hawks replacement this year, but he isn't ready to take over.

Hopefully he gets to learn for a year then next year will be ready to start at ILB.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:53:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,970
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Not to be too much of an a-hole, but this will be the Packers 8th or 9th season with Ted at the helm. Sorry, but that's a long time to wait for a good offensive line. I am going to chastise no one for being impatient there. There's only so much you can blame on Mike Sherman, "starting in cap hell," "injuries," or even James Campen. At some point, its okay to be damnably impatient as a fan.

IMO.


We may have spent some 1st round picks on OT's, but it's not like you are getting blue chip talent in the mid to late twenties for OT's. All these guys have been projects, tack on injuries - and you get what we have at offensive line. How Rodgers remains upright is incredible.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:09:03 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,243
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Can't really say a whole lot about Thompson's attempts to fix our OL with two 1st round OTs having been IR/PUP'd for two years in a row.

The intent in the thread was to call out the special qualities of new players who made it under long odds, and what they may bring us in the future. Super impressive winning of jobs we witnessed here.
Offline nerdmann  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:07:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,517
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Can't really say a whole lot about Thompson's attempts to fix our OL with two 1st round OTs having been IR/PUP'd for two years in a row.

The intent in the thread was to call out the special qualities of new players who made it under long odds, and what they may bring us in the future. Super impressive winning of jobs we witnessed here.


Imagine what it will be like next year.

Sherrod and Bulaga will be the Ts. Ted will likely draft a C. Bakhtieri, Barclay and Newhouse will be the backups.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Wade  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:33:37 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,649
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Because most teams have better 3rd and 4th string tackles? Because that's who we're starting right now.


That merely means we have no choice but to wait and hope.

It does not mean Ted Thompson is entitled to more "patience" just because we only have what we have and the choices out there at the moment aren't any better.

The team should, by now, no longer be in this kind of position. He's had lots of time to assemble a offensive line that doesn't have substantial questions entering the seasons.

And, unless one rookie and two utility players (three, IMO, but for sake of argument I'll grant the positive thinkers the argument that Lang is good enouigh, for today's argument only) pan out better than the other rookies and utility players that Ted Thompson has brought in during his tenure, we'll have to "wait and hope" for the entire season.

People can call me a negative nellie or a hater or not a real fan or anything they want. But I'm goddamn tired of going into the season and having to depend on our quarterback to avoid threats of the number Rodgers likely will again this season.

And if Rodgers goes down to a major injury, or if one or more injuries (let's not forget his concussion meter is not sitting at zero) prevent him from becoming the greatest player at his position in NFL history, then I'm going to go well beyond impatient to seriously pissed off very damn fast.

Because the Packers have been too damn long without a dominant offensive line. And too damn dependent on the luck of having two quarterbacks in a row who could avoid major injury year after year.

Impatient? Hell, yeah, I'm impatient.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/2/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:11:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,517
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
That merely means we have no choice but to wait and hope.

It does not mean Ted Thompson is entitled to more "patience" just because we only have what we have and the choices out there at the moment aren't any better.

The team should, by now, no longer be in this kind of position. He's had lots of time to assemble a offensive line that doesn't have substantial questions entering the seasons.

And, unless one rookie and two utility players (three, IMO, but for sake of argument I'll grant the positive thinkers the argument that Lang is good enouigh, for today's argument only) pan out better than the other rookies and utility players that Ted Thompson has brought in during his tenure, we'll have to "wait and hope" for the entire season.

People can call me a negative nellie or a hater or not a real fan or anything they want. But I'm goddamn tired of going into the season and having to depend on our quarterback to avoid threats of the number Rodgers likely will again this season.

And if Rodgers goes down to a major injury, or if one or more injuries (let's not forget his concussion meter is not sitting at zero) prevent him from becoming the greatest player at his position in NFL history, then I'm going to go well beyond impatient to seriously pissed off very damn fast.

Because the Packers have been too damn long without a dominant offensive line. And too damn dependent on the luck of having two quarterbacks in a row who could avoid major injury year after year.

Impatient? Hell, yeah, I'm impatient.



No GM can predict injuries like this. These weren't guys like Datko with an injury history. Ted has taken care of business. The fact that we can get by with our 3rd and 4th Ts and still have an adequate backup at #5 and 6 (Lang) is testimony to that.

This is after the first 5 years, were Mike was requesting the "smaller, quicker" Tony Moll type dudes.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dulak  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 12:55:46 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,549
Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Im most excited about our LBers this year...

I was quite disappointed when we let bishop go (he has been a favorite of mine for a long time). But these new guys show promise and IMO they have bodies that look like they can get the work done.

I do feel we have the potential for a better team this year. Hoping everything comes together for the pack.
Offline play2win  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 6:15:08 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,243
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

I should have included Nate Palmer in the list. He was no lock to make this team.

You're right Dulak. The LBs are a very exciting group - would have been complete with an emergence by Terrell Manning, a player who flashed potential this preseason with some jarring hits and near sacks, but whiffed too many times like Dezman Moses.

I look at Mulumba, and I see a player who could very easily develop into a Jason Pierre Paul type of player. Give two or three years in the system and we'll see if this is true. I see Sam Barrington reading an offense and delivering a blow directly at the point of attack, and he finishes! Very much like Bishop in that regard. I think Barrington will be very good.

Palmer looks to have some size and speed, some power. He had a rough start, but persevered and made the 53. Maybe we will realize a real pass rush with him backing up Perry or Matthews, with little drop off.

Chris Banjo, holy shit. I'm reminded of Antoine Winfield and Darrell Green with his stature and style of play, both exceptional DBs. Banjo plays much larger than his size - and it is great to see a pure hitter backing up at S.

Brandon Bostick has all the goods at TE. Like all the others listed, he just needs some reps and seasoning. Enormous potential for a guy who in a glance looks like the spitting image of Finley.

As for Johnny Jolly, he looks like a much better player than I remember from his first stint in GB. He looks like a man amongst boys - exactly what we needed added to our DL with Datone Jones. Nevermind his remarkable feat in returning to the team. Watching him play with that fire is contagious, and I think his presence will rub off on the rest of our DL to transform that unit into one of the NFL's best.

A lot to be encouraged about with these players who stood little chance of making this team when signed. Quite remarkable. Kudos to Ted and his scouting staff.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.368 seconds.