Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:21:53 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Andy Mulumba
Chris Banjo
Johnny Jolly
Sam Barrington
Brandon Bostick

Every one of these players showed enormous potential throughout TC. Mulumba could develop into a very, very special pass rusher. Barrington looks to have the "it" factor in knowing where to be and to finish plays. Bostick seems to have all the tools to be a complete TE. Banjo beats the odds nearly every time to play bigger than his 6-0 207. And, Johnny Jolly, returning to form a better man and player.

All of these guys have the intangibles we all want on our team. Instincts and play making ability that shows up on the field.

Great to see.
thanks Post received 5 applause.
Wade on 9/1/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 9/1/2013(UTC), Dulak on 9/1/2013(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 9/1/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:40:07 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Andy Mulumba
Chris Banjo
Johnny Jolly
Sam Barrington
Brandon Bostick

Every one of these players showed enormous potential throughout TC. Mulumba could develop into a very, very special pass rusher. Barrington looks to have the "it" factor in knowing where to be and to finish plays. Bostick seems to have all the tools to be a complete TE. Banjo beats the odds nearly every time to play bigger than his 6-0 207. And, Johnny Jolly, returning to form a better man and player.

All of these guys have the intangibles we all want on our team. Instincts and play making ability that shows up on the field.

Great to see.

Disappointed in Alex Green, Kevin Dorsey, Charles Johnson, EDS, Van Roten, DJ Williams, BJ Coleman.

Guys who don't deserve it: Kuhn, EDS, GVR, Mason Crosby. AJ Hawk?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:31:58 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Disappointed in Alex Green, Kevin Dorsey, Charles Johnson, EDS, Van Roten, DJ Williams, BJ Coleman.

and the negativity begins!!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thankfully Ted, Mike and company are in charge, of analyzing talent not you.

Thankfully your opinon is yours and nobody has to or hardley ever agrees with you.

Amazing how you can judge players before they have taken one snap of "real" football.

Don;t worry, only a week away until you can start spewing your negativity all over this forum as players you have deemed"undeserving" make a mistake or 2.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 9/1/2013(UTC), FLORIDA PACKER88 on 9/1/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/2/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:54:11 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 120

So happy for Jolly. Talk about the odds being against you and it seems he has not missed a beat yet hasn't been in football shape in a years. Hope this guy stays clean as right now he can be an inspiration to many out there that our struggling with addiction issues.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:54:57 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

Andy Mulumba
Chris Banjo
Johnny Jolly
Sam Barrington
Brandon Bostick

Great to see.

I agree - Will be watching and cheering for all of them (although havnt watched banjo closely in preseason so well see).

Bosticks got to be better then Williams
barrington is our forum favorite :)
jolly - well we miss his run stopping and ball slapping antics

Offline texaspackerbacker  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:20:20 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

I partially agree. Hawk (as well as B. Jones) would be better replaced by any two of the ILBs kept and cut, but of course, it wouldn't happen. Van Roten wasn't much, but neither were any of the other backup O Linemen. I would have been fine with cutting Kuhn, but I can grudgingly see that in keeping him one more year also.

I'm looking for a good, maybe great year from Crosby, and I think EDS is at least decent in an O Line where decency doesn't extend much beyond Sitton (the jury is still out on Bakhtiari).

BTW, you had EDS and GVR in both groups - or is there a different GVR than Van Roten hahahaha.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:56:30 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I partially agree. Hawk (as well as B. Jones) would be better replaced by any two of the ILBs kept and cut, but of course, it wouldn't happen. Van Roten wasn't much, but neither were any of the other backup O Linemen. I would have been fine with cutting Kuhn, but I can grudgingly see that in keeping him one more year also.

I'm looking for a good, maybe great year from Crosby, and I think EDS is at least decent in an O Line where decency doesn't extend much beyond Sitton (the jury is still out on Bakhtiari).

BTW, you had EDS and GVR in both groups - or is there a different GVR than Van Roten hahahaha.

give the young ILBers a year or two to learn the NFL and they will be the starters.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 12:04:47 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

I am not sure who I am most pleased with making this team. it could be guys like Samwise Barrington or Nate Palmer bevaue i know a little of their back stories and it is hard for any 6-7th round picks to make it in the NFL especially on a team that is as talented as GB. Perhaps it is Jolly because of all the he as come through. It doesn't happen very often that a guy self destructs his career and then digs himself out of that hole. Careers are not that long and to miss out on 3 of his most productive years was a huge blow. There are many who would have packed it in and gave up.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 2 applause.
TheKanataThrilla on 9/1/2013(UTC), play2win on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:14:27 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

The o line and the running game will be a work in progress and we will need to be patient. I like our 53, I think some of the youth pushes guys to play better for fear of being replaced. that is why Van Roten was particularly disappointing; he probably did the least of the guys kept with his opportunities but he fits the look and attributes you want for your back up center. He still needs more time to develop though...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:24:40 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

If only you hadn't mentioned Hawk - you wouldn't have incurred the wrath of Mr. Ohio! Rolling Eyes

I wish I knew Buckeye's address, I'd mail him the Hawk jersey I foolishly purchased his rookie season.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:39:21 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
If only you hadn't mentioned Hawk - you wouldn't have incurred the wrath of Mr. Ohio! Rolling Eyes

I wish I knew Buckeye's address, I'd mail him the Hawk jersey I foolishly purchased his rookie season.

No need, and he just didn''t mention Hawk, he listed a group of players and put a blanket statement of dissapointment on them.

I've never seen so many so called "Packer Fans" who are constantly looking at all the negatives and almost never say anything positive about players they so call support.

Misery loves company I guess.

Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:05:34 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Not to be too much of an a-hole, but this will be the Packers 8th or 9th season with Ted at the helm. Sorry, but that's a long time to wait for a good offensive line. I am going to chastise no one for being impatient there. There's only so much you can blame on Mike Sherman, "starting in cap hell," "injuries," or even James Campen. At some point, its okay to be damnably impatient as a fan.

IMO.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:12:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
No need, and he just didn''t mention Hawk, he listed a group of players and put a blanket statement of dissapointment on them.

I've never seen so many so called "Packer Fans" who are constantly looking at all the negatives and almost never say anything positive about players they so call support.

Misery loves company I guess.

Whatever Buckeye. And I've never seen somebody so adamantly defend mediocrity at a very key position on our defense. He should have been replaced a couple years ago already with the athleticism throughout the league at the tight end position. We'll see what he can do now that he's light in the ass.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:27:25 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Whatever Buckeye. And I've never seen somebody so adamantly defend mediocrity at a very key position on our defense. He should have been replaced a couple years ago already with the athleticism throughout the league at the tight end position. We'll see what he can do now that he's light in the ass.

Hey I guess i was right and can include you in the group who's evaluation of talent "really sucks"!!!

Thankfully Ted and Mike are a lot better at it than you!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:03:24 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Hahaha, I added Hawk in just for him.

Anyway, my point wasn't to "go negative." I just thought the topic was summed up well in the first post, so I thought I'd make a conversation of it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:04:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Not to be too much of an a-hole, but this will be the Packers 8th or 9th season with Ted at the helm. Sorry, but that's a long time to wait for a good offensive line. I am going to chastise no one for being impatient there. There's only so much you can blame on Mike Sherman, "starting in cap hell," "injuries," or even James Campen. At some point, its okay to be damnably impatient as a fan.

IMO.

Because most teams have better 3rd and 4th string tackles? Because that's who we're starting right now.
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:16:42 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 63

for some reason im very optimistic with banjo, i think hes gonna be a sleeper, also happy jolly is back and looks like a gamer again !!
jimmy b.
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:54:51 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Hey I guess i was right and can include you in the group who's evaluation of talent "really sucks"!!!

Thankfully Ted and Mike are a lot better at it than you!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Add me! Christ, I've been headlining your stupid list for a couple years. But then again, who the hell are you? We're weak at inside linebacker and you'll be watching offenses attack the middle of the field all season, and since we have to keep spending all of our draft picks on O and D line because of injuries - guys like Hawk get to hang around and only be challenged by lower round picks and street free agents. You must be so happy Buckeye. I would like to watch the guy earn his paycheck for a change.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 9/1/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:15:49 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Add me! Christ, I've been headlining your stupid list for a couple years. But then again, who the hell are you? We're weak at inside linebacker and you'll be watching offenses attack the middle of the field all season, and since we have to keep spending all of our draft picks on O and D line because of injuries - guys like Hawk get to hang around and only be challenged by lower round picks and street free agents. You must be so happy Buckeye. I would like to watch the guy earn his paycheck for a change.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:21:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:31:37 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Back on topic.
I'm going to support ALL the players that made the final 53(and those 53 may still change).

The perfect scenario is that most of these 1st year guys don't see the field a whole lot except for special teams play.

Lacy and Jones being the exceptions.

That would mean The Packers are staying injury free and these new guys HAVE TIME TO LEARN AND DEVELOPE, instead of being thrust into the starting lineup before they are ready.

Shocker here for some of you, I think The Packers drafted AJ Hawks replacement this year, but he isn't ready to take over.

Hopefully he gets to learn for a year then next year will be ready to start at ILB.
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:53:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

IMO.

We may have spent some 1st round picks on OT's, but it's not like you are getting blue chip talent in the mid to late twenties for OT's. All these guys have been projects, tack on injuries - and you get what we have at offensive line. How Rodgers remains upright is incredible.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:09:03 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Can't really say a whole lot about Thompson's attempts to fix our OL with two 1st round OTs having been IR/PUP'd for two years in a row.

The intent in the thread was to call out the special qualities of new players who made it under long odds, and what they may bring us in the future. Super impressive winning of jobs we witnessed here.
Offline nerdmann  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:07:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Can't really say a whole lot about Thompson's attempts to fix our OL with two 1st round OTs having been IR/PUP'd for two years in a row.

The intent in the thread was to call out the special qualities of new players who made it under long odds, and what they may bring us in the future. Super impressive winning of jobs we witnessed here.

Imagine what it will be like next year.

Sherrod and Bulaga will be the Ts. Ted will likely draft a C. Bakhtieri, Barclay and Newhouse will be the backups.
Offline Wade  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:33:37 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Because most teams have better 3rd and 4th string tackles? Because that's who we're starting right now.

That merely means we have no choice but to wait and hope.

It does not mean Ted Thompson is entitled to more "patience" just because we only have what we have and the choices out there at the moment aren't any better.

The team should, by now, no longer be in this kind of position. He's had lots of time to assemble a offensive line that doesn't have substantial questions entering the seasons.

And, unless one rookie and two utility players (three, IMO, but for sake of argument I'll grant the positive thinkers the argument that Lang is good enouigh, for today's argument only) pan out better than the other rookies and utility players that Ted Thompson has brought in during his tenure, we'll have to "wait and hope" for the entire season.

People can call me a negative nellie or a hater or not a real fan or anything they want. But I'm goddamn tired of going into the season and having to depend on our quarterback to avoid threats of the number Rodgers likely will again this season.

And if Rodgers goes down to a major injury, or if one or more injuries (let's not forget his concussion meter is not sitting at zero) prevent him from becoming the greatest player at his position in NFL history, then I'm going to go well beyond impatient to seriously pissed off very damn fast.

Because the Packers have been too damn long without a dominant offensive line. And too damn dependent on the luck of having two quarterbacks in a row who could avoid major injury year after year.

Impatient? Hell, yeah, I'm impatient.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr on 9/2/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed