Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 6:59:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

LombardiAve wrote:
Team ’93 is the rallying cry for the 2013 version of the Green Bay Packers.  According to Aaron Rodgers and several others, it’s because the Packers are entering their 93rd year in existence. In order for TEAM 93 to win their division, they needed to change the look of their team, by becoming bigger, [...]
I see five pieces to the puzzle that, if all goes as expected, will help the defense, and will make TEAM 93 a more physical team when compared to 2012. These five pieces bring attitude, a physical presence, and the tough guy style the Packers so dearly missed last season.

UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:05:44 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

best line:

Quote:
• Johnny Jolly: Johnny Jolly will hurt you, within the rules. He will lay the wood on running backs coming through the line, stopping them dead in their tracks, and then will get up and chirp in their ear all the way back to the huddle. Jolly has rubbed off on some of the young players like a Mike Daniels.
UserPostedImage

Offline yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:25:48 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 632
Applause Received: 290

Hopefully these guys are able to translate their attitude and toughness to the rest of the team and the "Packers are soft" label will be buried under the frozen tundra.
This is going to be an exciting year for us Packers fans!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:30:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

I truly hope someone in that front seven lets their inner "Wayne Simmons" off the chain this season.. a true bad ass between the lines.

Give a crap if it is a rookie backer or a motivated Jolly.. just someone to supply that emotional juice.

Apropos for this weekend...

Simmons wrote:
In his pre-game talk, Holmgren told the Packers there was only one way to knock off the Super Bowl champions on their home turf: Kick the crap out of them.

Holmgren’s talk hit home with Wayne Simmons. Of all the Packers in the locker room that day, including fierce competitors like Reggie White, LeRoy Butler, and Brett Favre, no one liked the idea of kicking the crap out of the 49ers better than Simmons.

At 6-foot-2, 250 pounds, Simmons was far from the biggest player on the team, but he may have been the meanest on the field. He intimidated opponents with his brute strength, inspired teammates with his pointed criticism and comments, and played without fear.

It’s no wonder Simmons got along well with defensive coordinator Fritz Shurmur, who once said, “If you don’t like to fight, you shouldn’t be in this business.”

Simmons liked to fight. “He brought that toughness and nastiness to the Green Bay Packers,” said George Koonce, who started at linebacker next to Simmons in 1996. “Wayne would take a fight in the bar and take it right into the street. He brought that fight to the defense. He was a hell of a player.”

Buoyed by Holmgren’s speech, Simmons made a difference that day in San Francisco. On the 49ers’ first offensive play of the game, Steve Young threw a screen pass to fullback Adam Walker, but Simmons saw it coming.

He drilled Walker with a vicious hit, jarring the ball loose. Packers rookie Craig Newsome picked up the ball and ran untouched 31 yards to the end zone. It was the first blow in what would become a 27-17 victory, a win that took the Packers to the NFC championship game for the first time since 1967.

Message modified by user Friday, September 6, 2013 7:41:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 9/6/2013(UTC), mi_keys on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:40:11 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I like that players and the team have responded to the "soft" label, or so it seems anyway. We'll see on Suday.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 9:06:43 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
I like that players and the team have responded to the "soft" label, or so it seems anyway. We'll see on Suday.

Agreed. There is a huge difference between pouting and saying "I don't like it when you call me names". And someone taking the guy's head off and while the guy is laying on the ground tell him, "F@ YOU. Who's soft now?"
UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 9:56:01 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I truly hope someone in that front seven lets their inner "Wayne Simmons" off the chain this season.. a true bad ass between the lines.

Give a crap if it is a rookie backer or a motivated Jolly.. just someone to supply that emotional juice.

Duuuuuude! That was awesome!!!!!!!!! Thank you! I miss Wayne Simmons, and you're right, we need another to take his place.

Hey, all I care about is that we beat the fuck out of them, and beat the fuck out of them... if you know what I mean. Make the 49ers hurt, and make them lose.
Offline mi_keys  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 10:33:31 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 359

Shame that stuff would probably be an ejection today. That was fucking awesome.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 10:51:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Shame that stuff would probably be an ejection today. That was fecking awesome.

I was thinking the same thing
UserPostedImage

Offline Laser Gunns  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 1:23:38 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

that was siiiick!

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Rss Feed