Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 5:23:40 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

It is an interesting tactic...

Source wrote:
In other Braun developments Thursday, the Brewers said the slugger has started to call some season-ticket holders to apologize.

In an interview with 620 WTMJ's "Wisconsin's Afternoon News," COO Rick Schlesinger said Braun has been trying to pass an olive branch to the Brewers' fan base as a first step toward reconciliation.

"This was all Ryan's thing," Schlesinger said. "He said, 'I'd like to call fans, but with an emphasis on ticket buyers, miniplan holders, reach out, apologize, listen.' We said, 'Great!' It was all his initiative. He didn't want publicity about it."

Schlesinger said part of Braun's recent efforts to reach out include telling fans, "'I hope my mistakes don't sour you on attending the games, being a fan.' ... They give him credit for calling."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:18:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

FoxSports wrote:
If you're a Brewers season ticket-holder and you get a call from a guy claiming to be Ryan Braun, don't hang up — it might not be a prank.

According to a report out of Milwaukee, Braun is calling several Brewers season ticket-holders to apologize for his PED scandal.

Pat Guenther, owner of Kelly's Bleachers, a popular hangout for Brewers fans, told the local CBS affiliate he got one such call on Thursday and knew it was Braun's voice, from having heard him interviewed many times.

"He said, 'I messed up', in a nutshell; 'I messed up. I just want to reach out and say I'm sorry.' I cut him off right there. I said 'You know, Ryan, I think you're an amazing athlete and this speaks volumes to your character to reach out to a small business owner like myself and let us know that you are going to do better.'"

The Brewers confirmed to the station that Braun contacted them for the names and numbers of several season ticket-holders.

Braun, who was suspended 65 games, recently issued a written apology but has yet to do an interview.

"He was very humble on the phone," Guenther said. "He wanted to reach out and for him to do this is an act of kindness. He wants the people of Wisconsin to support the Brewers and him."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 9:13:02 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,749
Applause Received: 1,317

It is easy to forget that most professional athletes are still pretty young. Braun is 29. There is a tremendous about of pressure to succeed. Usually it is self imposed. Without it most would not make it into the pros. Hopefully he has learned that there really are no shortcuts.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:43:57 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I would have respected him if he had admitted that he took the drugs in the first place.
His "act" of how he was wronged, that he never used, that bothered me more then the fact that he DID use.

Fess up in the first place, and it would be alot easier to believe him now. I mean, is he sorry he used and lied, or that he got CAUGHT?

Had he not been caught, i believe he'd still be hiding behind the lie.

He's human, and we all make mistakes. No one is perfect. But it took a "smoking gun" to finally get him to admit what he did.
So much for being a role model for kids to look up too.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed