Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:42:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,294

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately over the whole game Hawk missed more tackles than he made solo.

Buckeye's going to blow a gasket again pretty soon with all this piling on Hawk. Or maybe the collective masses are just right. Last time I checked, Uncle Ted doesn't walk on water and hasn't added an interior linebacker with a high draft pick since Hawk. Maybe it's time once again.

I did like the play where he stuck Gore in the hole at the line of scrimmage, but those types of plays are way too far in between each other for the cabbage he's pulling in.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:17:41 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately over the whole game Hawk missed more tackles than he made solo.

....................T-A....S
B. Jones........7-3....0......0..... 0.....0
C. Matthews...7-1...1.......0.....0......0
S. Shields......7-2....0......0.... 0......0
A. Hawk.........6-3...0.......0.....0......0
M. Jennings....6-1...0.......0.....0......0

So Hawk missed at least 6 solo tackles in the game.

Funny, I've watched the game a couple of times, The whole front 7 were pretty solid, 49rs attempted 34 runs, gained a total of 90yds, I don't know about you but I'll take that any game.

But hey if you say Hawk missed at least 7 solo tackles, I.m pretty sure he did.

Just can't seem to find them on the tape. Think Guess I'll have to go back and look again, can't believe I can't see 7 or more missed tackles by one player.

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:30:41 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,294

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
....................T-A....S
B. Jones........7-3....0......0..... 0.....0
C. Matthews...7-1...1.......0.....0......0
S. Shields......7-2....0......0.... 0......0
A. Hawk.........6-3...0.......0.....0......0
M. Jennings....6-1...0.......0.....0......0

So Hawk missed at least 6 solo tackles in the game.

Funny, I've watched the game a couple of times, The whole front 7 were pretty solid, 49rs attempted 34 runs, gained a total of 90yds, I don't know about you but I'll take that any game.

But hey if you say Hawk missed at least 7 solo tackles, I.m pretty sure he did.

Just can't seem to find them on the tape. Think Guess I'll have to go back and look again, can't believe I can't see 7 or more missed tackles by one player.

Maybe if you took off your Scarlett and Silver goggles while watching the Packers you could see what the rest of us do.

You really do amuse me at times Buckeye. Keep it up, buddy!
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:36:48 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Pickett is a rock against the run. So is Jolly. Raji is not. Pickett occupies 2 players, so does Jolly; Raji too often can be moved with one. Jolly first takes Raji's reps against the run when Pickett is in there. Takes Pickett's only as part of "rotation" to spell the Big Grease. I don't think he gets to the point where he's the best run option; Pickett is quiet, but he's very, very good.

But the reason Jolly ends up taking Raji's spot is against the pass. Or will unless there is a "light a fire" factor. Jolly isn't there yet. But he's hungry enough that he will get there. Raji, IMO, will continue to be all world in spurts....and maddeningly nothing much in others.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic about Jolly re: the pass. He was always stouter against the run than he was against the pass, after all. But it's weird: despite his being the wrong side of 29, I think he's got more potential than Raji.

It reminds me of a while back when faced with two DL needing new contracts, the Packers chose between Cletidus Hunt and Vonnie Holiday. That time, I argued for and Packer management made the wrong choice, going with the "potential" of the young guy. It's hard to believe based on what happened post-decision, but Hunt showed some dominating flashes prior to his big contract. Yet his "next step" never happened.

Will Ted go with Raji? Maybe. He certainly likes the "potential" card when it comes to linemen on either side of the ball, and there's no doubt from his late 2010 performance, that Raji has a lot of potential for dominance in him somewhere.

If it is down to the question of potential v. potential, it will be Raji who stays and Jolly who doesn't in 2014. But I just think that Jolly ends up showing more actual dominance in this contract year than Raji does. I think he wants it more.

The reason I say he will take Pickett snaps and not Raji is because when we want to play the run, it will mostly be those three big boys plugging the middle. I don't expect either Pickett or Jolly to be in on pure pass downs, those will be filled by Wilson, Jones, Neal, Daniels. So that leaves occasions when we want both run and pass both, and in those situations, Jolly is better suited. He can hold the point against a double, and he has a better push in pass rush.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 9/11/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed