Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:58:12 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

So for the record Texas, I did not want VD.

This isn't the place to discuss your health issues, Dakota Laughing

Seriously, that high in the draft, I would have expected (not necessarily based on reports of Hawk in college, just the draft position) a top quality sideline to sideline tackling machine - not a Butkis or Nitschke, not even maybe a Singletary, but several shades better than Hawk has been.

As for Davis, he was maybe a slightly less safe pick, but that high up in the draft, I think you have to gamble on getting a superstar instead of a safe technician.

And if we got Davis, we probably would have avoided all the angst over good and bad and ugly performances by Jermichael Finley.

As was said, at least Hawk wasn't another Mandarich. It seems like there were other good alternatives besides Deion Sanders then too.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online buckeyepackfan  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:03:44 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Indeed. I wanted Ngata.

Imagine how different THAT team would have been. We had to wait till 2009 to get some beef in the middle with Raji.

We would have had a fierce DL, with Barnett and Bishop in their primes in the middle. Might have been better off that way.

Davis seemed too much like a Barbie.

Hawk was the safe pick that 95% of prognosticators mocked correctly to GB.

Do you see the flaw in your statement?

Barnett went down in 2010 then again in 2011.(or was it 2009 and 2010?) the year that matters is 2010.

How many winning SuperBowl teams has Davis played on?

I would have been happy with either Davis or Ngata, but "IN HINDSIGHT" sure am glad Hawk was there in 2010 when LBr's were dropping like flies and he stepped up and became the QB of defense.

Ifs and Buts people ifs and buts.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:50:31 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Do you see the flaw in your statement?

Barnett went down in 2010 then again in 2011.(or was it 2009 and 2010?) the year that matters is 2010.

How many winning SuperBowl teams has Davis played on?

I would have been happy with either Davis or Ngata, but "IN HINDSIGHT" sure am glad Hawk was there in 2010 when LBr's were dropping like flies and he stepped up and became the QB of defense.

Ifs and Buts people ifs and buts.

What the hell does THAT mean? I wanted Ngata. I never was a Nick Barnett fan, but was a huge Desmond Bishop fan. Big deal.

The question was "Hawk or Davis," and I wanted neither, but felt Hawk was a very safe pick.

The years that mattered were 2006-2009, where we could have used Ngata instead of Colin Cole. We went 8-8 in 2006 and 13-3 in 2007. I would say Ngata thrown into that line that had a 15 sack Kampman and a 6 sack Kabeer, a 7 sack Corey Williams and a 7 sack Cullen Jenkins could have made the difference. Pickett was there just chewing up blockers.

We might have won the SB with Favre at QB in 2007 had we chosen differently, and who knows how many others...
Online buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:02:58 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
What the hell does THAT mean? I wanted Ngata. I never was a Nick Barnett fan, but was a huge Desmond Bishop fan. Big deal.

The question was "Hawk or Davis," and I wanted neither, but felt Hawk was a very safe pick.

The years that mattered were 2006-2009, where we could have used Ngata instead of Colin Cole. We went 8-8 in 2006 and 13-3 in 2007. I would say Ngata thrown into that line that had a 15 sack Kampman and a 6 sack Kabeer, a 7 sack Corey Williams and a 7 sack Cullen Jenkins could have made the difference. Pickett was there just chewing up blockers.

We might have won the SB with Favre at QB in 2007 had we chosen differently, and who knows how many others...

Damn, you specifically mentioned Barnett and Bishop in the post I quoted..
Sorry for the confusion.

Favre was going to throw that game in 2007 no matter who played on defense...Just ask Nerdman!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just a joke, I guess you can look back and say "what if"' but it doesn't really change things.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:29:22 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Damn, you specifically mentioned Barnett and Bishop in the post I quoted..
Sorry for the confusion.

Favre was going to throw that game in 2007 no matter who played on defense...Just ask Nerdman!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just a joke, I guess you can look back and say "what if"' but it doesn't really change things.

Uh, that's SO TRUE!!! Man, I think back to what could have been with this Packers team over the decades... many, many wasted opportunities. Kind of goes to show how vital it is to make hay while the sun shines. You get most of the pieces in place, my line of thinking is, finish it off and enjoy the ride. This testing youth thing as a constant, as a maxim, drives me bat shit crazy.

For instance, add the veteran S this offseason to what we have and maybe we win last Sunday...
Rss Feed