Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline macbob  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:39:52 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 249

All OL. I'd like to see them bring in a few OL coaches for tryouts...

CheeseheadTV wrote:
From Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Those in for a workout were: Ohio State G Bryant Browning, Miami C Tyler Horn and Texas G Michael Huey. Browning was cut by the Giants on Aug. 31, Horn was cut by Houston on Sept. 2 and Huey was in San Diego's camp last year and [...]
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:47:30 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
All OL. I'd like to see them bring in a few OL coaches for tryouts...

seriously, how long until the coach is held accountable for his consistently horrible lines?
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/10/2013(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:52:55 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 358
Applause Received: 440

No safeties? Confused
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:11:00 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
No safeties? Confused

Or inside linebackers?
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:15:18 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Or inside linebackers?

I think safties come first.. lol I think we're fine there for now.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:14:56 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
seriously, how long until the coach is held accountable for his consistently horrible lines?

To be fair, this team has invested two 1st round picks on offensive linemen who have missed large amounts of time. In their place, the Packers are using a rookie 4th round pick at LT and a second year undrafted guy at RT. Both have performed pretty well.

Do I like Campen? No.
Do I think he is as bad as everyone seems to make him out to be? No.

blank
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:32:54 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 335
Applause Received: 445

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
To be fair, this team has invested two 1st round picks on offensive linemen who have missed large amounts of time. In their place, the Packers are using a rookie 4th round pick at LT and a second year undrafted guy at RT. Both have performed pretty well.

Do I like Campen? No.
Do I think he is as bad as everyone seems to make him out to be? No.

Quit trying to throw facts and logic into these threads, just doesn't work well with those who will always need something to complain about.

Once again, because of injury, The Packers are forced to play guys that in all probability should be backing up other players with more experience.

Bahktiari and Barclay held up pretty good, considering the guys they were going up against.

Hyde and McMillian on the other hand were completely lost, but, I expect a better showing from them this week, because they did get the extended playing time, IN A REAL GAME!!!

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:21:36 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

The hole in the offense is at C. When you watch a team that can run the ball, which is our main weakness, LG,C,RG is what gets the job done. Unfortunately Our Center cannot keep up with our Guards. He is OK in pass protection mostly but is lacking in run blocking.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline hardrocker950  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:29:45 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 69
Applause Received: 83

No safeties? Confused

No doubt we lack at safety right now. Our coverage over the middle is a glaring issue, which we saw exploited quite a lot in SF. With that said I think we would have no more success (immediately at least) by bringing in FA's at safety.

A lot of growing pains in our secondary, especially without having guys like Woodson or Collins to pick up some of the slack.Brick wall
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:53:47 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

For those of you who are looking for ted to replace some of these DB's you should read this article

http://cheeseheadtv.com/...adTv+%28Cheesehead+TV%29

and you should listen to the podcast in this article

http://cheeseheadtv.com/...m-capers-for-week-1-loss

Both of these news articles are in the feed, didn't see any reason to start a new thread.
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:33:10 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,639
Applause Received: 656

No safeties? Confused

PFT

Quote:
After veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield was cut by the Seahawks, he quickly announced a plan to retire.

That plan has not yet been formalized.

How would Winfield look at S?

Then again, there might be extra incentive to retire:

Quote:
Another question for Winfield arises not from filing retirement papers but from behaving as if he’s truly retired. All retired players (i.e., players not employed by a team and not seeking employment) at the time Judge Anita Brody gives preliminary approval to the concussion settlement will be eligible for compensation if he has or develops a severe cognitive impairment.

Assuming Winfield is healthy, retiring now becomes insurance against the development of dementia, Alzheimer’s, or ALS. While filing retirement papers isn’t required to prove that a player is retired, it wouldn’t hurt.

Think Ted would match a possible future settlement?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:53:31 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 968

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
For those of you who are looking for ted to replace some of these DB's you should read this article

http://cheeseheadtv.com/...adTv+%28Cheesehead+TV%29

and you should listen to the podcast in this article

http://cheeseheadtv.com/...m-capers-for-week-1-loss

Both of these news articles are in the feed, didn't see any reason to start a new thread.

Dont agree with the article. Its like hes essentially saying we put more pressure on the dbs with this gameplan therefore our best safetywouldnt help? Makes no sense to me ands seems backward. With the gameplan the dbs wereextra important.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:07:01 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

You don't have to agree.

I guess these guys put a lot into breaking down every play and player and it seems McMillian and Hyde had bad days(which can be accepted due to the fact they are young and will have plenty of growing pains).

As far as Jennings, he gave up a td, but his play other than that graded out pretty solid.

Love this day and age of instant analysis of plays and instant judgement of players.

2 reasons you won't see me in game day chat when game starts, too much negativity for my taste, win or lose I enjoy sitting back and watching 2 GREAT football teams go at each other, and that is what we had last Sunday.

Offline texaspackerbacker  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:02:37 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 458
Applause Received: 276

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Dont agree with the article. Its like hes essentially saying we put more pressure on the dbs with this gameplan therefore our best safetywouldnt help? Makes no sense to me ands seems backward. With the gameplan the dbs wereextra important.

That's EXACTLY what happened, as I have said a couple of times (although Burnett might have helped). Capers devised a plan to stop Kaepernick from running. It worked - use all your linebackers in containment, none in coverage and almost never blitzing. Unfortuantely, that CURE did put too much pressure on the DBs to cover. I honestly can't think of a better solution. Can you?

As for this thread, IMO they correctly identified the problem area. They couldn't change O Line coaches in the middle of the season - what team ever did that successfully? Big Grin (Badgers)

Our ILBs were better than I expected (still not much good), and we probably have backups better than our two starters - no need for tryouts.

I wish they would bring in a couple of kick returners. Unlike almost every other position, a guy can be plugged in there almost immediately if he seems to be better.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:26:53 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,639
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
That's EXACTLY what happened, as I have said a couple of times (although Burnett might have helped). Capers devised a plan to stop Kaepernick from running. It worked - use all your linebackers in containment, none in coverage and almost never blitzing. Unfortuantely, that CURE did put too much pressure on the DBs to cover. I honestly can't think of a better solution. Can you?

As for this thread, IMO they correctly identified the problem area. They couldn't change O Line coaches in the middle of the season - what team ever did that successfully? Big Grin (Badgers)

Our ILBs were better than I expected (still not much good), and we probably have backups better than our two starters - no need for tryouts.

I wish they would bring in a couple of kick returners. Unlike almost every other position, a guy can be plugged in there almost immediately if he seems to be better.

Sure. I can think of a cure. Keep the offense off the field. Give them fewer chances.

Or just keep up with that "no huddle" bullshit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed